• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Nestunt

Do you want those stutters to end without disconnecting the console?

Reduce your number of friends to around 30
You can even have the auto log on to PES servers

Bearing in mind we are talking here about a small sample size for a statistically relevant analysis. I can say that this solved my problem and I tried everything before.

When I bought PES I had around 80 friends. Stuttering every game. I tried the MTU solution. Still stutter in every game (no reduction). I tried turning off the PES servers. Still stuttering in every game. I tried switching off the auto log in to PES servers and playing with those servers off. Still the same. Only when I disconnected the ethernet cable they completely disappeared. Then I tried all these solutions with 50 friends. Still the same

This morning I reduced to 30 friends. With everything online. No stutter. I did 4 games.

This is some weird shit. But it works and it is something that I think was already mentioned here.

BTW. EU PSN

Melfice7

No one answered me so ill ask again, whats going on with shareplay? i played a bunch of matches with a friend at launch and now it says its restricted, Konami just removed it?

LAM09

No one answered me so ill ask again, whats going on with shareplay? i played a bunch of matches with a friend at launch and now it says its restricted, Konami just removed it?

I tried it before and after launch, and it never worked (UK).

Why was Kagawa just not put in the free agents section? He was in all the press release pictures and and had a really good model, yet he's just gone because Dortmund aren't licensed :/

Hasney

Fair play to the last person I played against in MyClub. Went 6-0 up in the first half and they never ragequit. Even I may have been tempted at that point.

Genio88

I was just sent 10,000 GP saying "sorry for the inconvenience".

Are they talking about stutters?

No, it's cause of the online matchmaking problems, they had a few hours of servers maintenance today which should improve it, but for me it's not been fixed completely yet, it still takes a bit too much time to find a opponent, at least in online division and myclub.
But besides that i'm enjoying the game as hell on Xbox One, i'm so glad they returned at the PS1/PS2 great times, when it was the real soccer game, i hope they'll start from here improving the game every year, myclub is actually what would need more work, i've got a good team with Cavani, Lavezzi, Di Natale and Sergio Ramos, but i barely play that mode, they should add players trading, cause with that you could really build the team you'd like, not a random one like the one i actually have with which i have not fun in playing, and they should also fix a bit the economic enviroment, it's practically impossible to gather enough coins to hire agents by just playing, cause you'll have to spend a lot of them to renew players and manager contracts which are very expensive for 80+ players and they just add 10 matchs, so you'll be forced to buy PES coins with real money to do that.

The MTU thing didn't work and I won't reduce my friend list. I will contact Konami and wait for a fix. If they don't fix this...well...the series will die for me unfortunately.

But besides that i'm enjoying the game as hell on Xbox One, i'm so glad they returned at the PS1/PS2 great times, when it was the real soccer game, i hope they'll start from here improving the game every year, myclub is actually what would need more work, i've got a good team with Cavani, Lavezzi, Di Natale and Sergio Ramos, but i barely play that mode, they should add players trading, cause with that you could really build the team you'd like, not a random one like the one i actually have with which i have not fun in playing, and they should also fix a bit the economic enviroment, it's practically impossible to gather enough coins to hire agents by just playing, cause you'll have to spend a lot of them to renew players and manager contracts which are very expensive for 80+ players and they just add 10 matchs, so you'll be forced to buy PES coins with real money to do that.

I've decided to focus on other modes for now, and MyClub will be the last mode I play. I'll just log in every day to get my daily free credits, and by the time I get around to it I should have a pretty good amount of coin handy to play freely.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
it's practically impossible to gather enough coins to hire agents by just playing, cause you'll have to spend a lot of them to renew players and manager contracts which are very expensive for 80+ players and they just add 10 matchs, so you'll be forced to buy PES coins with real money to do that.

You are playing it wrong.

Get players through combined won contracts, not coins. Do not excessively use big name players unless you are in the higher leagues (which gets you more rewrads). A League 10 team cant afford cavani, ramos, neuer, ronaldo and robben.

I am in league 8 atm I believe, and combined contracts have decent chances for useful players, while I make enough money to pay for 10,000 contracts every 1-2 seasons. I have an average team of 77ish I believe, btw.

Blablurn

Guys how is this game on ps4? Is it worth 34,99?

after experiencing lags and offline stutter

imUCLTLxa421z.gif

Hasney

Easily. Online is perfect and no stutter.... but it depends how big your friends list is by the sounds of it. Under 30 friends has no issues done by someone in this thread in an unscientific way.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I love it, big yes from me, but your mileage may var with the stutters as someone else said. Its the best game of football currently.

MMaRsu

Easily. Online is perfect and no stutter.... but it depends how big your friends list is by the sounds of it. Under 30 friends has no issues done by someone in this thread in an unscientific way.

Under 30 friends? Only have about a few hundred lol.

I'll mostly buy this for couch matches against friends and online.

Malcolm9

The stutters aren't that bad to go and reduce your friends list to 30, it happens a couple times per game for half a second at the most.

I'd prefer Konami to actually patch the game so this is removed.

Iorv3th

I don't know about the 30 friends thing. I have around 70 and don't have stutter. I had some on launch day but very minor and only happened like once or twice a match, usually at the start of a half. Don't have it anymore though and didn't mess with my friends list.

I think it might even be dependent on where you live and what servers you are being connected to?

Malcolm9

The stuttering, from what I understand, comes from the game communicating with the Konami servers, online and offline.

Offline can be sorted by unticking the appropriate setting on the PS4 menu so you aren't connected online.

Yasir

Anyone figured out how to get player breakthroughs quicker in masters league. Really need luke shaw to be above 78 overall rating after 2 seasons.

Also, damn raphael varane and sakho are beastly defenders in this lol.

Getting that same PES5 masters league feeling with this game <3

Jingo

I cant shareplay the game but i heard it was possible and some can do it depending on their region, is this true?

BeeDog

Sorry if this has been asked already, but what is the "Digital Exclusive Pack" in the store? Is it true it's simply a glorified demo (i.e. two or whatever teams are only playable), or is that just while the game's installing?

Hasney

Sorry if this has been asked already, but what is the "Digital Exclusive Pack" in the store? Is it true it's simply a glorified demo (i.e. two or whatever teams are only playable), or is that just while the game's installing?

Yeah, still downloading. Press options in the game on the home screen and pick information to see how much is left.

It basically comes with some players and points for the MyClub mode.

Just had an epic encounter with PSG as Marseille.

Went 1-0 down and got a man sent off, slide tackle, won the ball but took the man and got a red card, pissed off at this point.

Manage to equalise through lacazette (Signed in summer) with a counter attack.

Stramash in the box and i press square at least three times and its ignored (fucking hate this) and its slotted home by ibra.

Chasing the game go 3-1 down on the break with a good finish from Cavani.

I keep at them and manage a corner which Gignac scores from.

Then in the dying seconds another corner is cleared from the PSG box but only so far, Silva is out of position and I can slide a through ball to Gignac. Two touches bang, goal. Ecstasy.

Thats why this game is class. Two instances of rage towards the game in that 10 minutes but then boom. Joy.

Let me tell you on manual shooting and passing slipping a through ball through and then slotting home in the 89th, down to ten men against table topping PSG was a tense moment. I was off my seat.

jts

...hate me...
I'm loving this game. I suck at it, but I'm loving it.

Played 4 online matches, and they were simply flawless, performance-wise. Christ, that was unexpected. All of them felt like offline matches.

Played a friendly and 3 Division ones.

I'm playing FC Porto, and I first had a tie with Bayern. Then I lost against Barcelona. And then finally a win against Real Madrid.

And what a fucking match that was. I was winning 2-1 at 89', conceded from a corner and managed to get a winner in injury time.

I like that there's so many options to play online. You can play friendlies and quick non-ranked matches, which is amazing.

Mind you, I come from 400 matches of FIFA 15 Online Seasons (equivalente to PES Online Divisions). FIFA doesn't let me play unranked online matches. Even if you play with your friends the game it's still a Friendly Season, so you never feel you can just play for the heck of it.

However I do like playing competitively (although I don't think I'm competitive just yet).

A few more differences:

I must say that I think I prefer FIFA's approach to the game plan in Seasons. You set your team AND game plan before you search for an opponent, and when you're ready, there's the search and the match begins. Also, the game saves your last plan. In PES, I edited FC Porto's formation and line up etc on the edit mode and it still resets to default, what gives? I did save it though, so I can quickly go to data management and load it up. The point is, between your preparations and your opponent's, there's a whole lot of sweet fucking time wasted before you're on the pitch. The advantage being that you can setup your team accordingly to your opponent's team.

Speaking of your opponent's team, I found it odd that (in Divisions) the game doesn't really try to match yours, clearly, as I, with Porto, got Bayern, Barça and Real. You can restrict the division of your opponent, its control type, but not his team's quality.

Now, on one hand, that's okay because the game rewards you with more points the more shittier team you choose. And on the same hand still, this game is tremendously more fair than FIFA. In FIFA you rely mainly on super players abusing pace, I could never hold a Real Madrid side with FC Porto. And I did it in PES. PES seems to rely a whole lot more on your passing game. Sometimes I miss a bit shining with a star player (it was only fair, as your opponent could do the same to you) but goals in this game feel more rewarding and less cheap. Anyway, on the other hand though, better teams still have an advantage, and I feel sorry I can't choose to play fully even matches with similarly starred teams, FIFA would throw at me the likes of Valencia, Spartak Moscow, Zenit, Fiorentina etc, and that was cool. It will become boring fast to play only against 5-star teams and the worst of it is that it can push me to the same, if I find myself losing consistently because my team can't keep up as I rise in the divisions.

Anyway, besides the Divisions talk.

The game feels really good to play. First couple of matches felt weird (again, coming from FIFA), but then it started to click. Still have to calibrate the passes and especially through balls but it's getting there. Oh and shooting. I missed a couple of stupidly easy goals already, gotta work on that.

For some reason I feel compelled to give a go to all kinds of modes. Somehow I hope to Platinum this game. I just think it deserves that.

I wonder how it will feel to pick FIFA up again...

Chabbles

So this is still in the psn store for 28euro.. but after getting burned last year again with brutal online lag, im reluctant to buy. Honestly, how is the online in this, how strong are the connections ?

Nyx

Dumb question... But I did not see this in the online manual...

Can you change the controls to switch shooting to circle (like in FIFA)?

Yes.

So this is still in the psn store for 28euro.. but after getting burned last year again with brutal online lag, im reluctant to buy. Honestly, how is the online in this, how strong are the connections ?

Best netcode of a PES since forever.

Sorry if this was answered before but what shooting setting does everyone prefer? Advanced or basic?

I use basic cause on advanced there seems to be a delay. Haven't tried manual yet.

Hasney

I think I've only had one match where I've had any lag at all and that's in about 50. Really glad they sorted it out because I'm loving MyClub mode.

Chabbles

Oh man, my poor wallet. Whats the story with downloading data to sort out the team names and kits and that stuff. Is it available yet ?

Hasney

Well that sucks...

Yeah, but until Sony/MS allow us to put our own saves on the console, it's probably not going to happen. They can't host a file with a bunch of logos in on their servers to download unfortunately. The good news is that Myclub is the best mode for me and you create your own team on that one, so the lack of logos don't bother me.

is that stuttering still there?

If you had it before, you'll still have it as they haven't patched yet. I still haven't had a stutter :3

Top Bottom