• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

-Amon-

That's a deal breaker for me. I just can't play with fake teams. :(

Back in the days, Winning eleven became the king thanks to gameplay only. Konami had to put fake names for everything. Fifa had full licenses but luckily people went for gameplay.

FlipCup

Neo Member
Looking into making my first PES purchase. However, it seems they have limited licenses compared to FIFA. Does anyone think this will make it not as fun or deep?

SpaceHorror

That's a deal breaker for me. I just can't play with fake teams. :(

I used to feel that way, still do to a degree, so it's pretty disappointing that the PS4s option file capability is gimped for now.

That said I can't take FIFA 15's bullshit gameplay anymore, even though I love the stellar presentation and fully licensed Premier League. Judging from the demo PES 15 is leagues better and seems to address many of my key issues with FIFA this year. Hell, FIFA for the past few years. And so...

And it's North London, NORTH LONDON FC...

Malcolm9

I thought Videogamers review was fine apart from them stating there is a pass delay, I've never seen that during my time with the demo?

You also don't want to make it too easy to snap passes as the good old ping pong passing rears its ugly head.

goonergaz

lol, people prefer style over substance!?

I can (sort of) accept that from my kids but really...surely gameplay is far more important? All the rubbish keeper mistakes, all the dodgey AI, all the players running the wrong way and switching to the wrong player at the wrong time - it's worth it because the names are real!?

Blablurn

I can (sort of) accept that from my kids but really...surely gameplay is far more important? All the rubbish keeper mistakes, all the dodgey AI, all the players running the wrong way and switching to the wrong player at the wrong time - it's worth it because the names are real!?

I think many people got sick by this years FIFA. Too many bugs.

Bugs are okay. They were in 13 and 14 as well. But 15 was just tooo much.

Kikujiro

Exactly, it's not like PES lacks every licenses, as long as it covers all the main leagues I'm fine, the only big league missing is the Bundes.

Fifa may have everything on paper, but when it's time to play it's so fucking afar from a real match of football it kills my enjoyment (it's like watching a match highlights), not only that but PES players ID are way better than Fifa, controlling Pirlo or Ronaldo feels so good.

Bumhead

Banned
Nobody needs to play as the fake team names anyway. You can still edit every single fake name within the game.

Worst you'd see is no sponsors and incorrect logos. Admittedly I wish those things were authentic, but I'm not going to not play the game because of it. Not when it's this good.

I've always favoured foreign leagues as well for PES. My team will be in PES for the first time this year thanks to including The Championship but I'll still probably go with Hellas Verona for Master League. PES tradition.

goonergaz

I think many people got sick by this years FIFA. Too many bugs.

Bugs are okay. They were in 13 and 14 as well. But 15 was just tooo much.

yeah, I think the last FIFA we had was 13 and I couldn't believe the defenders running the wrong way thing was still in 15, rediculous.

hack down a player and no free kick?
AI switching (to the wrong players) at the worst possible time?
keepers watching the ball roll right next to them?

In the end we just joked while playing saying 'that's the FIFA effect' every time, but eventually the novelty wore off and now I just tell my son that he needs to grow up and play PES :p lol

Anyway, we can hope they allow the option files back in...thou the main reason I ever used them was because I played Winning Eleven.

feel

Reposting my finest demo goal, outside the box volley lob

nnnghliu2a.gif

nnnghhhhhua1.gif

(sorry about it being off the tv like a fucking peasant, I can't be arsed to figure out how the recording stuff works on the ps4)

FuturusX

It's been a long road back! PES returning to the throne brings a tear to my eye.

Question - Players can be moved between teams and team names edited correct? I love geeking out on that stuff - so I don't care if names are 'wrong' so long as I can fix them.

Honome

It's been a long road back! PES returning to the throne brings a tear to my eye.

Question players can be moved between teams and team names edited correct? I love geeking out on that stuff - so I don't care if names are 'wrong' so long as I can fix them.

Yes, you can still edit everything, except insert images. But still can edit shirts, team names, home ground, leagues, etc...

People who don't want 'fake' teams. Even without the option file you can simply change the team names and quickly modify their kits to look like the real ones. After just an hour or so, all you're missing are the badges and sponsors.

FuturusX

Yes, you can still edit everything, except insert images. But still can edit shirts, team names, home ground, leagues, etc...

People who don't want 'fake' teams. Even without the option file you can simply change the team names and quickly modify their kits to look like the real ones. After just an hour or so, all you're missing are the badges and sponsors.

Fantastic. I'm in!

What's the option file situation on XB1?

Damn it, I'm tempted now

The biggest thing I hate with FIFA is every goal is the same. You can only score one type of goal depending on your position/shot or what ever. It's why all the goals look the same on compilation vids and shit

At least with PES you didn't get that

So what are the differences between the last gen versions and the new ones? Just graphics mainly or...? I only have a PS3 and a 360 so if i were to get it, is the gameplay exactly the same as on newer consoles?

So the PC version is a mix of PES 14 and 15, whatever the hell that means, does it mean only the graphics or the gameplay and animations as well? Because that's a deal breaker if the latter is different from the PS4/Xbone versions.

Curufinwe

(sorry about it being off the tv like a fucking peasant, I can't be arsed to figure out how the recording stuff works on the ps4)

It's pretty simple, especially now you don't have to go thru the extra step of getting the video from Facebook to put it in youtube.

So the PC version is a mix of PES 14 and 15, whatever the hell that means, does it mean only the graphics or the gameplay and animations as well? Because that's a deal breaker if the latter is different from the PS4/Xbone versions.

gameplay is the same if I remember the tweets from the community manager right, but graphics will be worse than the ps4 and one

Handy Fake

Well, this pleases me immensely. I've been out of the game for a long time, since PES turned to cackbabble, and I was never a fan of the bubble-gum football of FIFA.

Proper footy has returned.

I wonder if Tim fucking Howard lies on the ball in this.

Jack cw

So what are the differences between the last gen versions and the new ones? Just graphics mainly or...? I only have a PS3 and a 360 so if i were to get it, is the gameplay exactly the same as on newer consoles?
Mainly Resolution, lighting Is dynamic, level of detail is considerably higher, shadow quality is higher, there is no AA in last gen, replays are 60fps on PS4, textures are at higher resolution, more animations, faster loading. If you have the option, go for PS4 or PC. Gameplay experience should be the same but it doesnt look quite as stellar and real as on PS4.
All Konami said is that PC is a mix of current and last gen. We dont know the extent until DF posts its face of.

Zabojnik

Have Konami/Seabass ever bothered to explain why exactly they don't go the extra mile to make editing / customizing / option file sharing / etc. as easy and comprehensive as possible? Like, would they get into trouble with FIFA or whoever holds the licences? It doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

Jack cw

Have Konami/Seabass ever bothered to explain why exactly they don't go the extra mile to make editing / customizing / option file sharing / etc. as easy and comprehensive as possible? Like, would they get into trouble with FIFA or whoever holds the licences? It doesn't make sense to me otherwise.
Yes they would and I honestly think that they never wasted any time, effort or money on a decent editor. FIFA and DFL brought Konami more than once to court.

feel

WENB posted this a while ago

pes-2015-pc-ng-diff.jpg

Beardz

I just want to make a suggestion for the OT creators.

Please don't use just images for the information like this thread, is a pain in the ass trying to read when you are on your phone.

THANKS.

Into

Eurogamer nailed it, its better to lose in PES 2015 than win in FIFA 15

There is no joy in winning in FIFA by spamming L1+Triangle. Its not fun. Whether its done to you, or by you. Neither is fun.

liger05

Cant believe I am actually going to be buying PES again. Skipped all of them on the 360 but at last the game seems like a good one again.

One thing I don't understand is how a game that releases in November doesn't have an up to date squad list when then transfer window closed end of August. That to me is just plain lazy.

liger05

Cant believe I am actually going to be buying PES again. Skipped all of them on the 360but at last the game seems like a good one again.

One thing I don't understand is how a game that releases in November doesn't have an up to date squad list when then transfer window closed end of August. That to me is just plain lazy.

First football game since Fifa 11. Been waiting long enough.

Top Bottom