• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Sh-should we tell him guys?

I've only played MyClub really, so not fiddled with the overall tactics, but it's dependant on the manager skills in that mode.

Best way to counter is to pass early and backwards a lot of the time. If you pass it into the feet of your front-men with their back to goal, hold R3 and the left stick towards goal just as they receive it and you'll likely flick it around the defender and get a one on one chance.

Thanks helped a bit.

It is a little frustrating, feels like I am being beaten by the computer rather than the player. I wish in these type of games (as well as driving games that have tuning options) there were online modes for players who dip in and out that mandate you use default settings. Whilst I understand that some people love tuning the cars are tweaking tactics etc. there are also those that really can't be bothered and would like to just have a straight up level playing field game.

Thanks again

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Am I the only one who is digging MyClub?

Nope, great mode. Also not being able to trade players actually helps my enjoyment because I cant just trade for the best possible team and need to evaluate every player I get closely.

Hasney

Nope, great mode. Also not being able to trade players actually helps my enjoyment because I cant just trade for the best possible team and need to evaluate every player I get closely.

Exactly. The auction house ruins FIFA.

MyClub is basically all I play.

nikos

If someone in Europe (thanks konami) wants to play just add me. Psn azdoune.
Ps4 version.

I just came to ask if the region lock also applies to game invites. I'd be down to try if we don't know for sure. I'm in the US.

Really want that Greek commentary. :(

Blablurn

Any way to get more GP points? Right now I'm getting 1900GP per game. But it sucks because extending contracts for players like Ribery or Götze costs 2900.

Right now I have 2 squads. My good main squad and a second team to grind points.I wish extending contracts would be cheaper :(

Blablurn

Started myTeam.

Have no goddamn idea of how this bullshittery works, but I'm understanding it better than FUT.

Point for Konami.

Team Chemistry is important. Make sure everyone is playing on their right position. The higher the chemistry, the better they play. Unlike in FIFA you really feel the difference between good and bad team chemistry.

LAM09

Any way to get more GP points? Right now I'm getting 1900GP per game. But it sucks because extending contracts for players like Ribery or Götze costs 2900.

Right now I have 2 squads. My good main squad and a second team to grind points.I wish extending contracts would be cheaper :(

Entering tournaments is probably the best way to get points. Entering the toughest tournaments against the CPU will pay out about 32k+, but you'll either need a strong team, or one with high chemistry to enter them.

Blablurn

Entering tournaments is probably the best way to get points. Entering the toughest tournaments against the CPU will pay out about 32k+, but you'll either need a strong team, or one with high chemistry to enter them.

Alright! Thanks for the recommendation.

Man, I bought 2 of those "Best of 2013/2014" agents yesterday. Got crap. Feels bad man.

Hasney

Team Chemistry is important. Make sure everyone is playing on their right position. The higher the chemistry, the better they play. Unlike in FIFA you really feel the difference between good and bad team chemistry.

This. But also, players will gain chemistry as the learn the gameplay from the manager, so if you have a great player, keep playing them.

Blablurn

What formation can you guys recommend?

I tried 4-2-1-3 but it basically leaves me without a midfield. I'm thinking about using the traditional 4-2-3-1.

Hasney

4 2 2 2 with Pep managing for me. I position edit to make it more of a diamond in midfield so Toure can cover the back 4, but he's a beast that runs up and down anyway.

AlexBasch

Yeah, guess I'm gonna sit out on my two hirings. Got two LWB's. They don't work in my 3-2-3-2 formation and I never use a setup with wingbacks. Still, mode looks promising so far.

Thanks for preventing me in the "best of 2013/2014", was eyeing that thing earlier, haha.

See, this was the thing that prevented me from enjoying PES. I'm a primary FIFA player, but I like PES gameplay as well, my gripe was about the poor game modes and how barebones Master League felt compared to Career Mode in FIFA, didn't like Became a Legend either. But myTeam? I can see myself wasting a lot of time in here. :)

LAM09

What formation can you guys recommend?

I tried 4-2-1-3 but it basically leaves me without a midfield. I'm thinking about using the traditional 4-2-3-1.

The manager I've currently got plays 4-2-2-2, and things have been going well. Don't forget to look at the manager's tactics as well, as that can cause a problem.

Hmmm I'm getting spanked online mostly! Haven't played PES for years and people seem to know a lot of dribbling and team pressing tricks which basically means its almost impossible for me to keep the ball long enough to even complete a single pass. Is the only way to compete to go and learn how to use the tactics and special skills? If so I think i'm out of online play, don't have time for that, just want to play a few basic pass and move games with 4-4-2!

I need a too lazy to learn all the intricacies lobby!

Bumhead

Banned
Just got into MyClub as well.

Took me about 2 or 3 attempts for it to "click".

I agree about feeling the difference between good chemistry and bad. It feels like having the right combination of players, manager, system, positions and chemistry really makes a difference here. Even though I had some good players in my team, they were playing like utter dog previously. I'm still nowhere near having perfect chemistry (currently at 79), but I can already feel a pretty significant shift from when I first started.

Currently got Ibrahimovic, Gotze, Alaba, Bale and Mata as my star players. Got Vincent Montella as manager.

I have been a PESFan for years, only skipping last year due to me getting a free Fifa 14 with my Xbox One.

I staunchly defended PES, even when everyone was calling Fifa the greatest. I was probably living in hope and/or denial.

Every year though, the cracks would start to show. After a strong positive start, things would change. Lag, glitches, game breaking bugs, frustrating keepers.

And you know what?

I've had none of that in this PES. Honestly.

I fired it up last night, the first time in a while since I had been playing numerous other games (as well as the Halo Preview Beta).

It was glorious. The game just plays football so well. So very well.

What gets me, especially online, is you feel like you earn every goal you score. Even if the opposition team misplaces a pass, it was because you pressed and put the pressure on. Similarly, with goals conceded, I feel like it was my fault if I conceded or great play from my opponent.

Compare that to Fifa? Well...

90% of the goals I saw online, both for me and against, were due to a through ball and a defender being out of position. The attacker had the pace to burst ahead, and it was down to if you could finish.

While you will see goals like this in PES, they are not the only way to score.

My only gripe, which I do look past, is the lack of editing options on next gen. Or, the limited options at least. I hope, given we saw similar at the start of the previous generation, that they will make a return. I want my teams to have real kits, not just real names.

Well done to Konami and the team - the king really is back this time.

Liamario

Banned
Network error at the same point in two different games last night, while playing with a friend. He had slide tackled me and my guy was rolling around and then suddenly connection error popped up. Surely this couldn't be just a coincidence?

5 games online in a row where the opposition is Madrid and the tactic is long ball over the top utilising the pace and strength of Ronaldo/Benzema to just burst through. How do you defend it or do you just have to accept that any game online against Madrid is going to have to be a 6-5, 7-7 etc. etc.? Its pretty nuts, some of these guys are playing 4 up front!

LAM09

5 games online in a row where the opposition is Madrid and the tactic is long ball over the top utilising the pace and strength of Ronaldo/Benzema to just burst through. How do you defend it or do you just have to accept that any game online against Madrid is going to have to be a 6-5, 7-7 etc. etc.? Its pretty nuts, some of these guys are playing 4 up front!

You just have to manually select a CB, and try to intercept the passes. It isn't ideal, but it's normally the most effective.

Hasney

Seriously, stick to MyClub. I find playing any sports game with the real teams a chore online as it's always a rotation of the same few.

Seriously, stick to MyClub. I find playing any sports game with the real teams a chore online as it's always a rotation of the same few.

I've not tried it yet, what is it in a nutshell?

And yes you're right about online, already becoming a chore seeing people playing the same team and same exact tactic because they've worked out that is 90% successful. Every now and then you get someone who is into football rather than video games (if you understand what I mean) and you play a proper game with ebb and flow which is glorious!

DagsJT

Had some good online games last night, first time i tried it. Then came across someone who just spammed long balls and through balls to Ibrahimovic who seems untouchable. Really frustrating as the other games were fine.

Hasney

MyClub is a mode where you have a terrible team to start with and use them to earn (or buy) and spend points on agents who will then sign you a new player for the team. If you ever played Ultimate Team in FIFA, it's similar, but without the auction house, people can't just pay to win as they have to rely on RNG to see what players they buy.

It means you'll never play the same team twice and I rarely see the stars.

MyClub is a mode where you have a terrible team to start with and use them to earn (or buy) and spend points on agents who will then sign you a new player for the team. If you ever played Ultimate Team in FIFA, it's similar, but without the auction house, people can't just pay to win as they have to rely on RNG to see what players they buy.

It means you'll never play the same team twice and I rarely see the stars.

So its online but with your own team that you build with win points?

Sounds awesome will have to give it a go!

Blablurn

I'm starting to get annoyed by the lack of points in MyClub. Playing online is like a bitch. Other teams are expsoing my defense all the time which results in a lack of points. And extending contracts for players like Ribery and Götze costs so much money. But I dont wanna reduce myself on grinding points against CPU opponents all the time.

Aaaah, this game. They tried to pull an Ultimate Team but failed hard.

Hasney

Nah, they pulled off something better than Ultimate Team by far. Contracts or more points are the only things that need adjusting and that's only a tweak.

I still need to try myclub, it seems that people in here are enjoying it. I sew tge key differences with UT and seems to be a better mode than UT but in reality I don't think that it is going to be relevant. People play UT precisly because is easier to get the stars thanks to the transfer market (and buying coins on the intetnet).

I am going to rey it out, but so far my experience with the game has been fantastic for couch gaming witLibraryh friends, it is incredible the difference between FIFA and PES on the field. I dont think i will ever play FIFA again when i want to have a couch match with friends. It reminds me to the ps2 era...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Found Robben for my team :-o

Probably not going to use him in every match since 3350 upkeep for 10 matches is kinda insane, but I might use him in important matches as striker. Need to calculate a bit to see how often I could use him to still turn a profit.

Toma

What division are you in? I'm in online 5 and I easy make profit with him and YaYa

Normal League 7 and Sim League 8. I make around 2000 for every win, but my 77 average team costs already 14,000-15,000 upkeep, adding 3350 for Robben makes around 18,000.

That means I would need to earn 1,800 every match with him to make a profit of 200. If I lose 2 matches in a single season, I'd already be at a loss.

Hasney

Ah gotcha.

I make about 3k a win now so it's all good. I end seasons as soon as I have enough points for promotion too. There's no point hanging around a division you've conquered.

DagsJT

Seasons are online only, right?

I tried a sim division earlier but found no opposition. I'm level 3 so not sure if that's why.

So just played my first m club online game - its exactly the same as regular play, only tactic anyone uses is the long ball over the top!

What I can't understand though is their players as soon as they get in my half start making runs for goal, my players always turn with their back to goal waiting for the ball to feet? How are online players making their team try and run in behind? What am I missing?

Toma

So just played my first m club online game - its exactly the same as regular play, only tactic anyone uses is the long ball over the top!

What I can't understand though is their players as soon as they get in my half start making runs for goal, my players always turn with their back to goal waiting for the ball to feet? How are online players making their team try and run in behind? What am I missing?

Press L1 and point the right stick at your players, that will give them the command to run.

Top Bottom