• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

ibu

Guys is it worth a buy just for the Master League? I don't play online.
I only play the offline modes.

The stutter has been godawful at times. I mean absolutely infuriatingly annoying. But this happens on average 2/3 times a game. A game should not be 'establishing connection' when you're playing it offline. Apparently fixed though I've not played it since the weekend.

But the gameplay when it's performing at peak is a hark back to an age gone by. In a good way. Really good. So satisfying to score.

bigol

I think this Pes sales will be even worse than Pes 2014. Not because of Pes 2015 quality, but because of how broken pes 2014 was at launch

DagsJT

I've played 14 myClub games on Regular difficulty now and I'm still not being moved up to the next level. What do I need to do to increase the difficulty?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Loved PES 2014 so is it worth getting on XB1? My dad and I would play usually play FIFA at the weekends but after I introduced him to PES 2014 earlier this year he always wanted to play that.

I must say our matches were much more fun and exciting than FIFA. The one thing we both hated though was the lack of licensed teams but I sorted that out with a save file for the X360.

He's visiting this week for Christmas so I thought it would be a good time to get PES 2015. Are their custom files available to download for the BPL to include all the kits and names?

Edit: It's only £17 through the Hong Kong store on XB1.

Malcolm9

Master League is pretty bare bones, especially when you compare it to what we had in PES in the previous years where you had cut scenes, interviews, player meetings etc.

PES 2015 gameplay wise is good but I just don't understand Konami going backwards in terms of game content.

I think this will end up on PS+ early next year.

LAM09

Master League is pretty bare bones, especially when you compare it to what we had in PES in the previous years where you had cut scenes, interviews, player meetings etc.

PES 2015 gameplay wise is good but I just don't understand Konami going backwards in terms of game content.

I think this will end up on PS+ early next year.

I very much doubt that will happen for the second year running.

Hasney

Why not? It sold like shit and it would be a good way to get it in more people's hands to say "look, it's actually good this time".

I never even knew Master League had cutscenes. None of the good PES games did.

LAM09

Why not? It sold like shit and it would be a good way to get it in more people's hands to say "look, it's actually good this time".

I never even knew Master League had cutscenes. None of the good PES games did.

They don't want to lose more money, and it "sold like shit" in the UK. I bet it did very well in SA.

The reason cutscenes aren't in the game anymore is because people complained about them. That's the problem with feedback.

Very good update. Loved the new faces. For me much more than unlicensed times, what takes me out of the game is players that look absolutely nothing like what they do in real life.

I hope they keep modeling more players because this type of work is easily carried to new versions. Do you guys for how many months usually Konami supports the game with updates?

Hasney

They don't want to lose more money, and it "sold like shit" in the UK. I bet it did very well in SA.

The reason cutscenes aren't in the game anymore is because people complained about them. That's the problem with feedback.

Well they get paid for being on PS+ and I'm pretty sure sales have dried up in the major markets by June or whatever.

LAM09

Very good update. Loved the new faces. For me much more than unlicensed times, what takes me out of the game is players that look absolutely nothing like what they do in real life.

I hope they keep modeling more players because this type of work is easily carried to new versions. Do you guys for how many months usually Konami supports the game with updates?

Normally till June, but could be longer this year because of weekly updates.

LAM09

Well they get paid for being on PS+ and I'm pretty sure sales have dried up in the major markets by June or whatever.

The guy I quoted said early next year, and that is what I was disagreeing with. I personally think PES 2014 being on PS+ was a one off.

Zabojnik

Hadn't played for a week or so due to backlog cleaning, played a couple of ML matches and scored some sensational goals with Zaza and Berardi, future Juve legends. So fucking good.

They supported the last game up till the World Cup period with data packs.

AlexBasch

I feel poor as fuck, but anyone has the PS3 version of this, or the 360 one? How do you feel about it? I'm tempted to pick up on the offer.

More important yet, is Master League the same as PES2013? If so, it's gonna be a huge dealbreaker, shit was beyond barebones. :(

Online impressions too!

bigol

80jhq.jpg

Bomba?

Do they still have the Champions League license?

Seeing the great PSN sale price, I might get this just for the novelty of Fox Engine. Last football game I bought was FIFA 2005.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Im back! Couldnt say no at that PSN deal.

Same,
Love 2015, played a fair bit already.

Anyway, main reason is to play mp against my brother, how does it work for that? Good online multi if you're not interest in matchmaking or it as crappy as it always was in previous years?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Same,
Love 2015, played a fair bit already.

Anyway, main reason is to play mp against my brother, how does it work for that? Good online multi if you're not interest in matchmaking or it as crappy as it always was in previous years?

Flawless for me now.

Yasawas

Bought this today in the sale and it automatically installed a patch when I booted it. It doesn't seem to be the latest version though as network features are disabled and if I manually check for an update from whatever the XMB is called now it finds a more recent update but will not start the download. Anyone else have this? I hope it's just PSN having a moment but other games seem OK.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Bought this today in the sale and it automatically installed a patch when I booted it. It doesn't seem to be the latest version though as network features are disabled and if I manually check for an update from whatever the XMB is called now it finds a more recent update but will not start the download. Anyone else have this? I hope it's just PSN having a moment but other games seem OK.

I had the same, delete and redownload the whole thing.

Drewfonse

I bought this game at launch solely for repeated, failed Champions League runs. Great game. I haven't played a Konami footie game since ISS Pro 98, and I'm loving it, especially after editing the English teams' names.

Temetti

Neo Member
Got ps4 and PES2015 for christmas.
The last pes I really played was pes6 and tried few demos, maybe 2008 and 2010 and feel that this really was the right time to get back to the series. the gameplay feels really tight and the shooting/scoring is so rewarding. I'm bit lazy so I just wanted to ask how people play the game. Do you switch all the 'automatics' off so you have all the control to yourself or what is the best way to get the best results. I just want to kick my brothers ass.

DagsJT

Got ps4 and PES2015 for christmas.
The last pes I really played was pes6 and tried few demos, maybe 2008 and 2010 and feel that this really was the right time to get back to the series. the gameplay feels really tight and the shooting/scoring is so rewarding. I'm bit lazy so I just wanted to ask how people play the game. Do you switch all the 'automatics' off so you have all the control to yourself or what is the best way to get the best results. I just want to kick my brothers ass.

Just play however you enjoy playing?

Temetti

Neo Member
Just play however you enjoy playing?

Yeah. Going to. Just don't know about all the new controls. passing technigues and all. plan to try them all. just wanted to know which choise people tend to prefer.
Edit. I'm just exited and wanted to talk about the game and controls. I'll just read the thread

Top Bottom