• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

DagsJT

Yeah. Going to. Just don't know about all the new controls. passing technigues and all. plan to try them all. just wanted to know which choise people tend to prefer.
Edit. I'm just exited and wanted to talk about the game and controls. I'll just read the thread

Personally I keep with the defaults but use 1-bar passing but I don't think there's a standard, as such.

Temetti

Neo Member
Personally I keep with the defaults but use 1-bar passing but I don't think there's a standard, as such.

Thanks. What I meant was if there were like some different options for dribbling and passing(the right analogue stick thing maybe) and how people used them. And if I can beat my bro without using them. But yeah. I really enjoy the game so far so I don't think that exploring the options will be a negative

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Just play however you enjoy playing?

That's not what he's asking, he's obviously trying to understand if there's some kind of consensus on how to mix and match settings to have just enough control where it counts without feeling overwhelmed and where you can/should leave it up to the cpu in automatic... Some of the options can look daunting if you're new or returning to PES after skipping a few iterations.

I actually meant to ask the same as him, to be honest.
Especially for dribble tricks and passing methods (is it necessary using the right stick at all?)... I mean, risk & reward, there usually are some options you got to have total control over 'cause it makes that big of a difference, while others are difficult to implement in the heat of the game and you can leave up to automatic without missing much.

Flawless for me now.

Sweet! :)

JESUS CHRIST FUCKING KONAMI

I honestly think that's the worst thing in some games these days. These regional locks are retarded.

Making me think twice about picking this up, even if I do only play couch vs and online vs.

I honestly think that the (unfortunate) ack of cross-regional online mp is to be blamed on people shouting how shitty it was last few years/Konami inability to built a really solid netcode, thus giving the game (even more of) a bad rep. The latter is absolutely true, but to be fair I should also point out how I see people shitting on netcode's lag all the time, only to find out later that they're playing from the US vs AUS/JPN/EU people with godawful ping to boot

Hasney

But even then, Konami were stupid with it. It should be locked to where you are in the world at that second, not the region of the game.

Zia

So, I've been playing FIFA since it Got Good a couple years into last gen, bought and sold 15 in the span of a few weeks and now PES 15 is arriving later today and I could not be more excited. The demo was just spectacularly fun, the best Pro Evo has been since the late-PS2 era. I just hope they try to acquire more licenses and flesh out what they have instead of moving laterally just to change things up like EA Canada has done with FIFA the last few years.

So been playing my first few online matches in this, why is everyone obsessed with lob shots? Literally everyone I've played is constantly trying (with some success) lobs from outside the area rather than trying to get in behind?

Hasney

So been playing my first few online matches in this, why is everyone obsessed with lob shots? Literally everyone I've played is constantly trying (with some success) lobs from outside the area rather than trying to get in behind?

A lot of people start rushing the goalkeeper out early to stop throughballs so people try the lobs to counter it. They should just use blimp or fan cam to see when the keeper actually comes out.

A lot of people start rushing the goalkeeper out early to stop throughballs so people try the lobs to counter it. They should just use blimp or fan cam to see when the keeper actually comes out.

Ah I see, makes sense. To be fair means I have conceded some spectacular goals!

Hasney

As someone who has played FIFA for the last 7 or 8 years, how the fuck do you defend in this game? I can't work it out.

Back off and keep your shape. It's better to intercept than tackle unless they're trying all the tricks. I tend to track the runner rather than the man on the ball and use square to make a teammate pressure the man on the ball.

Back off and keep your shape. It's better to intercept than tackle unless they're trying all the tricks. I tend to track the runner rather than the man on the ball and use square to make a teammate pressure the man on the ball.

Kind of how I play FIFA then. Is it double tap the Pressure button to make the tackle?

Playing the demo so much the Last few days on PS4. Game is so much better here than on PC. Thinking of double dipping but I disliked the full game on PC :-/

Blablurn

B59CYPQIgAAc0-o.jpg:large

Dat PAck Luck ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

nikos

So I'm watching a Greek stream and this guy has Greek commentary enabled. Does anyone know which versions of the game include it? The NA version doesn't seem to have it. If I import it, will I have any problems playing vs friends who have the NA version? Need that Greek commentary.

EDIT: Referring to the PS4 version.

So I'm watching a Greek stream and this guy has Greek commentary enabled. Does anyone know which versions of the game include it? The NA version doesn't seem to have it. If I import it, will I have any problems playing vs friends who have the NA version? Need that Greek commentary.

EDIT: Referring to the PS4 version.

Yes, apparently the game has online region lock.

Saty

Konami is dumb. Let's agree that PES2015 has better on-pitch gameplay than FIFA15. Konami needs to convert FIFA fans if they wish to stop the series' slide into obscurity. So you have two options in mind:

A. Change the trick system and advanced controls to be as similar as possible for FIFA's to accommodate long-time FIFA players.
B. Release demo\interactive training MONTHS before the next game to allow players to learn and adjust to these different controls. It's doubtful they would be changes to the controls next year so what's stopping to release a deep and interactive 'PES controls instructor'?

Oh, please re-work all your menus and UI please.

Hasney

Fuck taking fifas trick system, that thing is white. If anything, the rainbow flick on PES needs to be more complex and then I'm happy with the setup.

Moobabe

Konami is dumb. Let's agree that PES2015 has better on-pitch gameplay than FIFA15. Konami needs to convert FIFA fans if they wish to stop the series' slide into obscurity. So you have two options in mind:

A. Change the trick system and advanced controls to be as similar as possible for FIFA's to accommodate long-time FIFA players.
B. Release demo\interactive training MONTHS before the next game to allow players to learn and adjust to these different controls. It's doubtful they would be changes to the controls next year so what's stopping to release a deep and interactive 'PES controls instructor'?

Oh, please re-work all your menus and UI please.

No to both (for me) - but yes, they should rework the UI.

Also - does PES 2015 have a Be A Pro type game mode? I'm picking it up tonight but that'll be the thing that pushes my friends over.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
We should totally have a Juve - Inter before Juve - Inter. Add me, if you like. ZabojnikGAF.

Eh.
Dunno which one is worst, me playing the damn game or Inter themselves... either way we'll both get stomped by Juve soon, kewl! :p

dashkap on PSN, btw :)

AlexBasch

Fuck it, I bought it. Now I'm looking for a good OF.

Preferably one that has just the names and squads. I hate those that make Ronaldo 99 and Messi like 80 or whatever, just get the names right, guys. -_-

question for you guys - playing a lot more online last night and have found that a lot of players seem to be able to exert huge amounts of pressure on me all of the time. Basically I will have been robbed of the ball before my player has even controlled it! I guess there is a setting somewhere that allows you to up team pressing pressure but I couldn't see it?

Also what's the best way to counter it?

Thanks!

Hasney

Fuck it, I bought it. Now I'm looking for a good OF.

Sh-should we tell him guys?

question for you guys - playing a lot more online last night and have found that a lot of players seem to be able to exert huge amounts of pressure on me all of the time. Basically I will have been robbed of the ball before my player has even controlled it! I guess there is a setting somewhere that allows you to up team pressing pressure but I couldn't see it?

Also what's the best way to counter it?

Thanks!

I've only played MyClub really, so not fiddled with the overall tactics, but it's dependant on the manager skills in that mode.

Best way to counter is to pass early and backwards a lot of the time. If you pass it into the feet of your front-men with their back to goal, hold R3 and the left stick towards goal just as they receive it and you'll likely flick it around the defender and get a one on one chance.

Hasney

Sounds like an issue specifically with you unless the servers have just gone down as I've never seen that error before. Call Sony and/or Konami.

Zabojnik

If it's an in-game error, turn the internet off. It might be trying to connect to something that's down.

That wouldn't solve what I'm trying to accomplish with the game - smash Bla's Bayern with my glorious Juve online. Offline works fine. :)

Hopefully it'll be fixed by tomorrow, Bla. (I think I've said this before.)

Top Bottom