• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Blablurn

Anyone having issues with the game stuttering? Both matches I've played have had bouts of four to six seconds of stutter where the audio continues but no frames advance.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with all the internet connecting messages I'm seeing. Haven't had a problem like this before though.

Bought ps4 digital in case in makes any difference.

Aside from that, game is glorious.

Apparently disconnecting the PS4 from the Internet helps. Several people mentioned that. Adam Batthi was pretty surprised when he heard about this on Twitter. I'm sure they will fix it soon.

Mecha

When trying to connect online on the PS3 version I get "your version of pro evolution soccer 2015 is out of date", are the severs just not up for the PS3?

GHG

Gold Member
I played it for 3-4 hours today and tonight. Overall, I'm really impressed. This is a better game than FIFA 15, but one that still has room to improve. (The menu text still bugs me because it feels cheap, the announcing sounds tinny, the crowd sounds like rain more than cheering sometimes/not great quality, and some other more minor issues).

If you like PES, this is one to pick up for sure. It's quite possibly the best soccer game I've played, but I'm not an expert who's played every single one.

Online: I played a match, and it was fine 99% of the duration. It stuttered for a mere second, once. The only annoying thing was that the connection pop-up, which says it's connecting, kept popping up.

What platform are you playing on?

Jack cw

Anyone having issues with the game stuttering? Both matches I've played have had bouts of four to six seconds of stutter where the audio continues but no frames advance.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with all the internet connecting messages I'm seeing. Haven't had a problem like this before though.

Bought ps4 digital in case in makes any difference.

Aside from that, game is glorious.

Did you install the latest update?
Otherwise, I think it's a synchronizing issue with the online data in the background and as Snitch said, try playing offline. Is your version from US PSN?

Nyx

This weekend is going to be AWESOME.

Due to being radioactive I have to stay home alone all weekend, which is good cause PES 2015 and Warlord of Draenor are there then!

Is it Friday yet?

Bought FIFA14 on launch and got burnt so didn't bother with this years. After seeing the reviews come in I've now got this ordered, good to see the return of the king!

goonergaz

I was watching this on a stream last night on my PS4 - I can't get over how realistic it is...Arsenal were playing Napoli away, winning 1-0 and seemingly in complete control of the game. A few missed sitters later and Napoli (totally against the run of play) catch the Arsenal defence off guard and due to inept defending score a late equalizer.

Amazingly true to life.

lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Did anyone test US-EU online games?

crazyprac

Just heads up dude in the electronic department said that apparently every target only has 2 copies each store. Wont surprise me if its gone fast because of the b2g1 promo.

jengo

Not sure if the bonus points from digital preorder (PS4) and playing the demo registered. Went through all the lovely menus to check.

Jack cw

Huh? I thought the gameplay was supposed to be identical? If it is different enough that might effect my purchase :/

They didn't specify but said PS4 version feels more fluid. It could mean anything from input lag, response time or what I doubt: PS4 has more animations because of the advanced engine.

Someone else preordered the game digitally from PS Store?

It says: "Your exclusive bonus for purchasing the digital download version of PES 2015 consists of 1 player taken from the UEFA Team of the Year, PES 2015 cover-star Mario Götze as well as 10 recovery Points and 10,000 Game Points!"

So:
* 1 player
* Mario Gotze
* 10 RP
* 10.000 GP

I didn't received any of this last night... will be available some time after? How?

Thanks!!!

Umm, how do i get to the menu? I played the intro match, got to the start menu and now it just asks if i want a rematch. I can't do anything else.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Umm, how do i get to the menu? I played the intro match, got to the start menu and now it just asks if i want a rematch. I can't do anything else.

Maybe its still downloading the rest of the game?

Toma

Someone else preordered the game digitally from PS Store?

It says: "Your exclusive bonus for purchasing the digital download version of PES 2015 consists of 1 player taken from the UEFA Team of the Year, PES 2015 cover-star Mario Götze as well as 10 recovery Points and 10,000 Game Points!"

So:
* 1 player
* Mario Gotze
* 10 RP
* 10.000 GP

I didn't received any of this last night... will be available some time after? How?

Thanks!!!

It seems like its not a preorder bonus, but the content of the digital version. Should be available when myClub launches, since myClub isnt active yet, right?

cabot

How about a PSN/Live ID exchange?

PS4 EU: Cabbeh

Having felt robbed by EA this year (didn't much enjoy FIFA 14, bought FIFA 15 on launch and I think it's the worst FIFA in about 3-4 years) and really liking PES14, I'm more than willing to go back to KONAMI properly.

This is my first PES on console since 2011, do they do that bloody KONAMI ID shite for online games? It's horrendous.

b0uncyfr0

They didn't specify but said PS4 version feels more fluid. It could mean anything from input lag, response time or what I doubt: PS4 has more animations because of the advanced engine.

This is what i was afraid off: now i have to be sure before i purchase. Frankly if its graphical its fixable but like u said if its an animation / input lag thing then this is a serious problem. I dont like being misled.

Toma

pretty sure it's a pre-order bonus...day one edition type thing (also running in stores online at least)

http://www.tesco.com/direct/search-...2015&SrchId=4294967294&sc_cmp=tp4_aff_1018132

PSN has two different versions:
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 Digital Pre-Order Pack (unavailable):
This pre-order edition includes:
2 players from the UEFA.com Team Of The Year, and Mario Götze
20 Recovery items
20,000 Game Points

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 Digital Exclusive Bundle ($59,99):
Your exclusive bonus for purchasing the digital download version of PES 2015 consists of 1 player taken from the UEFA Team of the Year, PES 2015 cover-star Mario Götze as well as 10 recovery Points and 10,000 Game Points!

So it seems like the second is really just the bonus for buying it digitally.

goonergaz

It's a shame digital prices are still so rediculously high...I'd def. start going digital if they were around £40 at the very most but ~£50 (£55 for most) is a joke I'd really like to know why games are around £15-20 more expensive digitally than I can buy a physical copy for (which I can sell on if I don't like/the next game comes out/need to raise some cash)

liger05

It's a shame digital prices are still so rediculously high...I'd def. start going digital if they were around £40 at the very most but ~£50 (£55 for most) is a joke I'd really like to know why games are around £15-20 more expensive digitally than I can buy a physical copy for (which I can sell on if I don't like/the next game comes out/need to raise some cash)

$60 from US store dude. £37 pound.

Spat_triate

The lighting in the PC version is pathetic. KONAMI really blew this one... pff

Eh, they recorded a night match for the PC version - which also looks shitty on the PS4. It's hard to make a graphical judgement because they didn't perform their comparison in similar conditions.

Edit: This is a better video for graphical comparison.

This fluid thing, is that also the case with the PS3 version vs the PS4 one then? I only played the PS3 demo, so i have no idea what the game is SUPPOSED to feel like hmm... it DOES feel kinda slow to pass the ball, some moves etc. but i thought that was just the way the game handled "realism"? Is there an option to change game speed in the full game?

goonergaz

$60 from US store dude. £37 pound.

yes, I did contemplate this (bought Destiny & LoU from there) but didn't want the fact it was the US version to affect anything ingame. I had it on pre-order for £32 (so still cheaper online) and then the Tesco deal popped up and with my tesco points doubling up I essentially paid £22 in the end...not too shabby.

Jack cw

Edit: This is a better video for graphical comparison.

Honestly, PC looks worse than I imagined. The level of detail on kits and player faces before the match are quite blurry. The lighting is exactly the same (flat) as in PES14 on PC and the game speed seems slower. Texture detail and shadows seem pretty low res. Don't know what settings those guys play at, but the player models and the pitch look worse than the demo on PS4. Puh.
Edit: And there is no AA activated.

Top Bottom