• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Ostinatto

I'm selling my FIFA 15 copy to buy this Jewel.

i78QZ7WPo1rMB.gif

Zoro7

Banned
EA messed up big time with Fifa 15. Not only did they not fix certain problems, they added many more to the list. Wont be giving my money to them for as long as PES keeps improving.

Is the final game much different than the demo?! After playing the demo I'm pretty shocked by all the praise and generally high reviews. A nice surprise..

Hasney

Is the final game much different than the demo?! After playing the demo I'm pretty shocked by all the praise and generally high reviews. A nice surprise..

Not very different apparently. It's been tweaked, but the fundamentals of that excellent demo remain the same. Probably my most played demo ever it was that good.

CLEEK

I'm holding off until an option file is available. Unless such things aren't possible on the PS4, which would be a huge bummer. My days of spending the first few hours with a new PES editing names are long gone.

aintnobodygotimeforthat.gif

I'm holding off until an option file is available. Unless such things aren't possible on the PS4, which would be a huge bummer. My days of spending the first few hours with a new PES editing names are long gone.

From what I've read in the past few days, option files as we knew them aren't currently possible on the PS4 or XB1. Sounds like no getting authentic kits from option files on next gen, but I think you can possibly download a file with edited team and league names.

Hasney

Outside of the possibly smaller community, is there any reason I shouldn't get this for the PC?

It's graphically worse than PS4 and XB1 (ignoring the latter's resolution), but other than that, no.

Will probably get full kit updates too.

FuturusX

Forget option files man. It's about dat gameplay.

Fantastic OT! Thanks everyone for their big support, can't wait to play you all online starting tomorrow for North/South America!

Bumhead

Banned
Are there any edit guides available yet?

I remember going back that for those who couldn't get the option files, there used to be guides on kit and team editing using the templates within the game. Do they still do those?

It's a shame about PNG's but I don't mind spending a couple of hours getting the game as damn near close as possible in their absence.

Are there any edit guides available yet?

I remember going back that for those who couldn't get the option files, there used to be guides on kit and team editing using the templates within the game. Do they still do those?

It's a shame about PNG's but I don't mind spending a couple of hours getting the game as damn near close as possible in their absence.

Ye I'd also like to know this. Don't mind spending an evening doing it if that's what it takes.

CLEEK

From what I've read in the past few days, option files as we knew them aren't currently possible on the PS4 or XB1. Sounds like no getting authentic kits from option files on next gen, but I think you can possibly download a file with edited team and league names.

I'm cool with just having edited names. Kits were always an added extra.

ec0ec0

Is digital foundry going to talk about the PC version!?

when is the PC demo coming out??

The reviews that we have seem good, but how much time do we have to wait to know that the PC version is "save"? Thanks.

feel

Is digital foundry going to talk about the PC version!?

when is the PC demo coming out??

The reviews that we have seem good, but how much time do we have to wait to know that the PC version is "save"? Thanks.
PC demo will be up on launch day on Steam, thursday.

Seems like Konami have blocked SharePlay. Not a good move, IMO.

That sucks. I was expecting to turn around some friends that went for FIFA 15 and weren't happy with it. I was going to share play some matches with them to see if they feel to make the jump back to PES.

Now they will need to come over to my place to try it since I went all digital this gen.

LAM09

That sucks. I was expecting to turn around some friends that went for FIFA 15 and weren't happy with it. I was going to share play some matches with them to see if they feel to make the jump back to PES.

Now they will need to come over to my place to try it since I went all digital this gen.

I personally think this feature is MADE for sports games, but Konami had other ideas. A shame to be honest.

Seems like Konami have blocked SharePlay. Not a good move, IMO.

Is that official/confirmed? I could shareplay the demo using a US account and my friend staying on a UK account.

We'd only buy the game if it has shareplay since we're only interested in an online co-op Master League against AI. Would be such a bummer since the demo is super fun.

LAM09

Is that official/confirmed? I could shareplay the demo using a US account and my friend staying on a UK account.

We'd only buy the game if it has shareplay since we're only interested in an online co-op Master League against AI. Would be such a bummer since the demo is super fun.

On the demo, you could only SharePlay when both users had US PSN's. I tried with two UK PSN's, and it didn't work on the full game.

The situation might be the same as the demo, but I can't comment. Either way, it isn't ideal.

Tecl0n

I'll try the demo on steam when it comes out. I like FIfa 15, but the online lolwut is just too much for my health.

On the demo, you could only SharePlay when both users had US PSN's. I tried with two UK PSN's, and it didn't work on the full game.

The situation might be the same as the demo, but I can't comment. Either way, it isn't ideal.

Thanks, will wait for some more feedback then. It's definitely disappointing Konami didn't make PES 2015 more Share Play-friendly, Share Play is an amazing way to bypass poor online modes. As you said, it's pretty much perfect for sports games.

Can't believe I'm excited for a PES release. Long time fan. I've played this game so much on my PS2 with my buddies that I got the map burnt in on my old CRT TV. Hated it with a passion last gen. I'm so glad the game is good again.

Phlebas

Banned
I'll be able to play in a few hours, whoever has this and wants to play some friendlies send me a PM with your PSN ID.

Jack cw

Thanks, will wait for some more feedback then. It's definitely disappointing Konami didn't make PES 2015 more Share Play-friendly, Share Play is an amazing way to bypass poor online modes. As you said, it's pretty much perfect for sports games.
If the community wants Share Play, then Konami might listen. Since the NA servers are up, was anyone able to play online and report how good or bad it is?

shoplifter

Anyone having issues with the game stuttering? Both matches I've played have had bouts of four to six seconds of stutter where the audio continues but no frames advance.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with all the internet connecting messages I'm seeing. Haven't had a problem like this before though.

Bought ps4 digital in case in makes any difference.

Aside from that, game is glorious.

I played it for 3-4 hours today and tonight. Overall, I'm really impressed. This is a better game than FIFA 15, but one that still has room to improve. (The menu text still bugs me because it feels cheap, the announcing sounds tinny, the crowd sounds like rain more than cheering sometimes/not great quality, and some other more minor issues).

If you like PES, this is one to pick up for sure. It's quite possibly the best soccer game I've played, but I'm not an expert who's played every single one.

Online: I played a match, and it was fine 99% of the duration. It stuttered for a mere second, once. The only annoying thing was that the connection pop-up, which says it's connecting, kept popping up.

Top Bottom