• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Jack cw

I never noticed the passing delay they talk about in that review in the demo.
There is a millisecond delay once the player gets the ball, to process it. You can avoid it by holding R2 the monent the ball reaches the player. Its nowhere as bad as in PES14 but comparable to FIFA 14 on PS4, so no big deal.
Thats why no one noticed it when playing the demo.

bigol

There is a millisecond delay once the player gets the ball, to process it. You can avoid it by holding R2 the monent the ball reaches the player. Its nowhere as bad as in PES14 but comparable to FIFA 14 on PS4, so no big deal.
Thats why no one noticed it when playing the demo.

That's the people wanting Pes to play like Fifa. That delay is natural because it happens when the player has to reach the ball. In fact, while not sprinting there is no such delay because the player can easily kick the ball.

I preordered this from Best Buy, since I thought this would be the year that they would get back to the glory of Winning Eleven that I loved so much on PS2. When I ordered it for shipping, they said it would be here tomorrow. It looks like it hasn't shipped yet though which is really frustrating. I cant wait to pop this game in my PS4!

After getting FIFA the past [many] years and growing increasingly frustrated with it, I finally skipped out on it this year. I've gotten the itch for a new football game though, so was considering picking it up at some point soon.

But now that I've read that Eurogamer review and some others for PES 2015, I'm buying that instead. Demo is a blast, I've found.

Dibbs

Feels like I've been waiting for this game for forever. The demo is the best football experience I've had since, well, FM 2005.

Metacritic:
atm

dhlt25

why is the PC version always arrive so late on Steam? it just killed all the hype I have for the game and i will prob end up not buying just like last year. Konami is so clueless when it come to PC gaming.

Geengrenzuh

Neo Member
Last year was the first pes I skipped. I just couldn't bear with that 'return of the king' promise anymore after all those mediocre ps360 games. I used to get fifa alongside pes from fifa 10 and up, but they grew more and more stale.

Now I'm already tired of fifa 15 already, especially since I'm more a career mode type of player. Was planning to pick pes up at the first price drop. Now I'm in serious doubt.. Gonna wait for some master league impressions.

I had a lot of fun with the pes15 demo, so if they didn't tweak the final game that much it should be solid gameplaywise.

Btw. kudos on the OP! Adriano was indeed one sick cat. Suddenly I remember the joy of having Riquelme as the heart and architect of my ML team. :)

Green Yoshi

what was so good about 2011 that wasn't in 2013? as for me that was the culmination of the overhaul they started in 2011, which was pretty awkward to play even at the time

PES 2013 has very complicated controls, I hated it. PES 2011 combines the fluidity of PES 2010 with a better pass system.

psilva

I feel spoiled that my club is the only one in the Brazilian league with its stadium represented. I think there will be a few more from the league added later on? Bring on PES. I'm excited.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Eurogamer nailed it, its better to lose in PES 2015 than win in FIFA 15

There is no joy in winning in FIFA by spamming L1+Triangle. Its not fun. Whether its done to you, or by you. Neither is fun.

The Eurogamer review caught my eye as well. Hopefully the Steam version is as good so we can see mods get going.

Bajan32

I just ordered this from amazon.
I haven't bought a PES (or any football game) since PS2 days... demo really got me excited. Hope it feels as good or better than the demo.
Forgot how much i loved playing the king.

Green Yoshi

dz7lRw3.jpg
dz7lRw3.jpg
dz7lRw3.jpg
dz7lRw3.jpg
dz7lRw3.jpg
dz7lRw3.jpg

Never forget gamescom:
unbenanntaeoe8.jpg

pfkas

Couldn't see this on Steam, so I've ordered it on Amazon. Haven't played a football game for about 6 years, either Fifa or PES so it'll be interesting to see what has changed since the heady days of the PS2.

spwolf

So the PC version is a mix of PES 14 and 15, whatever the hell that means, does it mean only the graphics or the gameplay and animations as well? Because that's a deal breaker if the latter is different from the PS4/Xbone versions.

I think Konami said that only lighting is different, rest is exactly the same.

dhlt25

Wow the PC version is only $40. I'll prob bite then even if it's not on steam. How's the DRM for previous PES? I've never bought it on a PC before.

Zero148

If I get this game definetly digitally, can't stand the cover. The loading and title screen of the demo (and game) is bad enough.

Gameplay wise I absolutely love the demo

Top Bottom