• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Beta and Information Thread [Open Beta Live Now]

Kokonoe

Banned
I'll probably wait to play when there's a translation patch. Got stuck in the intro tutorial.
Also not understanding what the menus are gets confusing.

Still can't get in, turns out OB has a problem with Windows 8 (which I'm on) where GameGuard doesn't load thus the game never launches, even though it shows it running in Task Manager. Wonder what they changed since it worked in Pre-Open Beta and Closed Beta. :/

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Well, I managed to get onto Ship 09 for creating a character. Just gonna futz around there until things get sorted out and I can get on Ship 02.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've added Skyfireblaze's various interface translations to the bottom of the OP.

I'll be online now until the Nintendo Direct, so if anyone on Ship 2 wants to join the team, look me up by the "Keii" player name in the vision phone and send me a whisper.

AwRy108

o only played 15 minutes, but those 15 mins were ....good?

i don't know, after PSU almost killed my nostalgia for PSO, i'm cautiosly optimistic. seems simple enough that you can pick up and drop easy, but has some variation to add some spice. will reserve judgement till i'm farming weapons, but so far so good...

Get a PSP and a copy of Phantasy Star Portable 2--it's amazing, and will def. hold you over until PSO2. Also has true online play. So guuuuuud!

AztecSoul

I have been playing since the closed beta, and I like all the PSO, PSU, PSZ and PSP mechanic fusion, the essence of PSO still here, and all the new additions feels and plays great, the Xbox 360 Controller works like a charm with this game, and surprisingly (Not like PSU) the engine it's well optimized and looks really nice.
I am playing with a temporally character right now, because of the ship issues, when SEGA fix the problem I will be playing on ship 02 with a FOmarl (Character name is the same as my forum account).
Hope see you guys online

Mistle

Just made a decent looking RAcaseal. It's crazy how much more effort they put into female character creation as opposed to male. I really think males got jibbed ;_; lol

I still prefer PSO characters. While PSO2 obviously has way more options, no matter if your human or CAST or ranger or hunter or force or whatever.... everybody looks the same. Boring.

remz

Just made a decent looking RAcaseal. It's crazy how much more effort they put into female character creation as opposed to male. I really think males got jibbed ;_; lol

I still prefer PSO characters. While PSO2 obviously has way more options, no matter if your human or CAST or ranger or hunter or force or whatever.... everybody looks the same. Boring.

I'm hoping the visual options open up a lot more as the game goes on... although I imagine most of the super cool threads will be in the cash shop.

Agreed the male options feel shallow

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Still can't get in, turns out OB has a problem with Windows 8 (which I'm on) where GameGuard doesn't load thus the game never launches, even though it shows it running in Task Manager. Wonder what they changed since it worked in Pre-Open Beta and Closed Beta. :/

So THAT"S my problem. I'm still fritzing with it to get it working. I bet I can just run this as Win 7 or something to get around this.

OafOg.jpg
[/IMG]

What does this mean? Why can't I create a character?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The matter board is killing my boner.
I find it much easier to complete this time and got to the second one already. One problematic node is the bottom-right dot on the first though.
You need a drop from this guy and the quest in which it normally spawns isn't available on this level.
My best chance is to do the dagan one since the bug appears there as an Attack Interrupt Event.

So will this have a subscription fee? Is that what the bit in the OP about pricing was?

Otherwise I'm interested in trying the beta to see how well it holds up to my nostalgia of PSO.

Will wait for the kinks to be sorted out though (and from skimming this thread it seems there are a few.) I don't speak any Japanese either, so I wouldn't be able to help myself so much.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So will this have a subscription fee? Is that what the bit in the OP about pricing was?
It's a free to play game with a premium content which is mostly cosmetic. You get get xp/drops/instant res items though.

As for the codes, I put all 3, got an info that I've received the items but don't see them anywhere. :(

wwm0nkey

Oh so thats why it wont work for me.

Sephon

After installing the game and patching through the night, I finally got the game running after messing around in the menus.

But ship 02 character creation was disabled so I was planning on trying out other ships, but strangely enough the game/windows now asked me a yes/no question when I started the game and I supposed it was some patching...

Next it uninstalls the entire fucking game... really... Fuck my life!
I guess I'll patch the game for the entire day instead...

Shouta

Installed and started a character on Ship 10. Character creation is detailed as always. I wish they gave you a few more options to start with though. Combat feels a lot better than even PSU. Feels very quick and smooth. It does lack a certain amount of impact though.

Over the shoulder shooting mode is really nice and makes playing a Ranger feel a lot more natural on a keyboard.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Seems like they've sent item codes for the bouquet rifle. The mail also contains the name of the place where all those items are dumped. It's the 運営倉庫 for anyone wondering.

Kandinsky

Installed and started a character on Ship 10. Character creation is detailed as always. I wish they gave you a few more options to start with though. Combat feels a lot better than even PSU. Feels very quick and smooth. It does lack a certain amount of impact though.

Over the shoulder shooting mode is really nice and makes playing a Ranger feel a lot more natural on a keyboard.
Come to ship 2 loser D:

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I really hope that everyone who created a character on another ship will come to us on 02 in the end. :(

In other news - I'm in game, so if anyone wants to join team NeoGAF pm me. Searching via the vision phone by the player name "Keii" should do the trick. ハセモ is the character name for those who can input Japanese.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It takes awhile to download the updates.

Ahh Thanks, i wasnt sure what it was doing.
I thought it was another Installer or something.
If its the update people have been talkiing about im guessing ill be waiting a good hour before i get to play.
Well time to catch up on Gundam Unicorn i guess.

Shouta

Oh sweet god, stupid Sega. Once you create a character, you can't make anymore without spending 500 AC to do so. Apparently, you don't get the character slot back even if you delete the first character if I'm reading the in game prompts. What kind of half-baked morons are these people?

kiryogi

Banned
Oh sweet god, stupid Sega. Once you create a character, you can't make anymore without spending 500 AC to do so. Apparently, you don't get the character slot back even if you delete the first character if I'm reading the in game prompts. What kind of half-baked morons are these people?

F2P, gotta make money some how.

Top Bottom