• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What is this Space tuna I keep hearing about, and is it still possible to get it?
Summer Event sword available to all classes. The Summer Rappy's drop it or you can buy it from the Player Shops if you have enough cash. It's pretty crappy playing it as a Ranger/Force though cause you only have access to the basic attacks.

ib2B5bUajiHOp3.png

iCYXKI5OxB40o.png

Yup, I'm a ranger on that screenshot.
By the way, do we know of other weapons which all classes can equip beside the Tuna, Mic, Bouquet Rifle and Soul Eater?

Duel Gaze. I would have hard times believing there is something as useless as a Talis without techs.

Now, as I am able to read attributes thanks to patch, I'm burning my money at adding abilities to my units.

By the way, I accidentally resigned from NeoGAF team. I need a invitation :$

Fugu

Duel Gaze. I would have hard times believing there is something as useless as a Talis without techs.

Now, as I am able to read attributes thanks to patch, I'm burning my money at adding abilities to my units.

By the way, I accidentally resigned from NeoGAF team. I need a invitation :$
Me too. Can someone who's on let me know?

Netto-kun

Anyone that wants team invite can find me (ノエル) near the title/class change/team counter NPCs @ Block 20. I'll be up for another hour before zzzzzzz.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Forest Emergency Quest is up officially as of 1PM EDT on ship 2
Added you to the list in the op.

Hope Netto was able to invite you three, since I just woke up...

On an unrelated note, a new article has appeared on the site. They've gathered player reports and responded to them.
As for the balance, the floating islands drop and spawn rate will be increased.
Following bugs will also be fixed in near future:
- Aki not appearing in the shopping area
- Quartz Dragon not appearing
- Freezing mid-air in the floating islands
- One of the interrupt codes not appearing properly

Fugu

Added you to the list in the op.

Hope Netto was able to invite you three, since I just woke up...

On an unrelated note, a new article has appeared on the site. They've gathered player reports and responded to them.
As for the balance, the floating islands drop and spawn rate will be increased.
Following bugs will also be fixed in near future:
- Aki not appearing in the shopping area
- Quartz Dragon not appearing
- Freezing mid-air in the floating islands
- One of the interrupt codes not appearing properly
Nope. I'm on now though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Nope. I'm on now though.
Ok, I'll log in and whisper to you.

Edit:
Well, sent you a whisper. There are 2 ふぐs though, so I whispered both of them.
Edit2:
Tried whispering for a few times over 15 minutes, didn't get a reply. Shoot me a PM/tweet when you're on and I'll invite you if I can.

Summer Event sword available to all classes. The Summer Rappy's drop it or you can buy it from the Player Shops if you have enough cash. It's pretty crappy playing it as a Ranger/Force though cause you only have access to the basic attacks.

ib2B5bUajiHOp3.png

iCYXKI5OxB40o.png

It looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Also, do you need to have a premium account to go to the player shop cause I can't find it. I assume it's different from the other shops around the second floor.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Also, do you need to have a premium account to go to the player shop cause I can't find it. I assume it's different from the other shops around the second floor.
You access the player shop from the visiophone. It's the first option. You only need premium to sell stuff there.

lol my game just crashed after finishing 5+ min cross burst with the city boss around during it. :( all the loot.

EDIT: and it's still all there?! Joined the same party.

Reknoc

So I'm trying to do the second Caves quest in 12mins CO, and I run into these like, firey wings, and then my game just crashes.

cool

VariantX

I haven't had any issues with this game with gameguard in this game so far, but other games in the past that just put me off playing them period.

That's just odd.
I've been playing games that use GameGuard for years (going back to the original KR Mabinogi launch in 2004) and I've never had any problems with it. Probably the reason I don't hate it at all. Never gotten in the way, even during the PSU days, where it was really a bother for a lot of people.

Oh right I remember I had two questions I wanted to ask. The first is, does anyone know how to initiate a PSE burst? The second one has been bothering me since PSO, which is why can't we kill a Nab Rappy? I mean you can kill just about all the monsters in this and the original game beside that one.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Oh right I remember I had two questions I wanted to ask. The first is, does anyone know how to initiate a PSE burst?
By killing stuff. You know the colored lights that randomly appear after killing an enemy, that's a PSE. They give you an area wide buff (meseta drop rate increase, exp increase, enemy spawn increase, fire attack increase, etc....). Each time you trigger a PSE a timer begins to tick in the background, if you trigger another PSE of the same kind before the timer runs out the timer will reset and the PSE will gain a lv. If you manage to get the PSE all the way up to lv 8 a visible 1 minute timer will appear announcing PSE BURST CHANCE. If you manage to lv up the PSE to lv 9 within that 1 minute a PSE BURST occurs. I don't wanna spoil what happens during a burst but let me just say it is fucking awesome.

Your best chance at triggering one is in a Multi Party Area with 11 other people right next to you, specifically Area 2 of the City Emergency Quests cause everyone groups up to trigger a burst and cause the Emergency Code Protection with the crystals increases the chance of a burst.

By killing stuff. You know the colored lights that randomly appear after killing an enemy, that's a PSE. They give you an area wide buff (meseta drop rate increase, exp increase, enemy spawn increase, fire attack increase, etc....). Each time you trigger a PSE a timer begins to tick in the background, if you trigger another PSE of the same kind before the timer runs out the timer will reset and the PSE will gain a lv. If you manage to get the PSE all the way up to lv 8 a visible 1 minute timer will appear announcing PSE BURST CHANCE. If you manage to lv up the PSE to lv 9 within that 1 minute a PSE BURST occurs. I don't wanna spoil what happens during a burst but let me just say it is fucking awesome.

Your best chance at triggering one is in a Multi Party Area with 11 other people right next to you, specifically Area 2 of the City Emergency Quests cause everyone groups up to trigger a burst and cause the Emergency Code Protection with the crystals increases the chance of a burst.

Yeah, I'm just doing it for a CO, guess I won't be finishing that one till I'm a higher level

Reknoc

Oh right I remember I had two questions I wanted to ask. The first is, does anyone know how to initiate a PSE burst? The second one has been bothering me since PSO, which is why can't we kill a Nab Rappy? I mean you can kill just about all the monsters in this and the original game beside that one.

Why would you want to kill a Nab Rappy? :( clearly the monster here is you.

Fugu

Rappies are the most powerful force in all of Phantasy Star Online.

Reknoc

Finally unlocked free caves, had been meaning to do that since open beta. Shame the game has got really crash happy recently, making it really annoying to try and play for long stretches.

Finally unlocked free caves, had been meaning to do that since open beta. Shame the game has got really crash happy recently, making it really annoying to try and play for long stretches.

Funny you say that since for me it's actually gone the opposite way. It used to crash here and there, but now I can play for long periods at a time.

Izayoi

Banned
By the way, is there a point to getting 100% on your matter boards? Is there a point in doing them at all outside of some mediocre items?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
By the way, is there a point to getting 100% on your matter boards? Is there a point in doing them at all outside of some mediocre items?
You get titles and grinders as title rewards, 1 for the 1st mb, 2 for the second etc. some nodes unlock CO chains, too.

Check bumped.org for an update regarding GameGuard issues. The kind of things that have been reported to happen:

• Your copy of Windows is no longer Genuine.
  • Blue Screens of Death on Game Start-up
  • Firefox and Chrome freezing.
  • Firefox freezing on pages that require Flash.
  • Keyboards malfunction.
  • Various essential Windows processes no longer responding.
Can we get GameGuard classified as a virus yet? It does all this, yet is hilariously ineffective at actually doing what its name suggests it does.

Stubo

Check bumped.org for an update regarding GameGuard issues. The kind of things that have been reported to happen:

• Your copy of Windows is no longer Genuine.
  • Blue Screens of Death on Game Start-up
  • Firefox and Chrome freezing.
  • Firefox freezing on pages that require Flash.
  • Keyboards malfunction.
  • Various essential Windows processes no longer responding.
Can we get GameGuard classified as a virus yet? It does all this, yet is hilariously ineffective at actually doing what its name suggests it does.
Personally I've had the no longer genuine appear in the corner (until I check and it decides Windows is still genuine and it goes away...) and 'Task Scheduler is no longer working'.

Awesome piece of software :/

This is pretty much my experience too. :(
Is there any secret to getting phat loot from bursts or is it all luck?

Apparently killthee explained to me that it's usually based on how lucky you are. He suggested that when you go for PSE Burst to try to have a full party to get the most kills, giving you a chance to get loot.

Izayoi

Banned
Fuuuck. An Avoid and a Duel with Ragne in a what was essentially a hallway.

Followed by the Avoid changing into a Duel with another Ragne.

Apparently killthee explained to me that it's usually based on how lucky you are. He suggested that when you go for PSE Burst to try to have a full party to get the most kills, giving you a chance to get loot.
We got very, very lucky. The coordinate we triggered it in had two crystals for an Emergency: Defend, and all 12 of us were together. Those screenshots are toward the end, at the beginning we were still doing the Emergency. In total, we Cross Burst three times and extended the time of the entire thing to around eight minutes. Someone told me you can Cross Burst up to five (!) times though, so I'm interested in seeing what that's like.

Last night I got five PSE Bursts during the Emergency Quests, but only cross burst once and the loot wasn't all that great. You really have to get all 12 people working together to make it happen.

Fuuuck. An Avoid and a Duel with Ragne in a what was essentially a hallway.

Followed by the Avoid changing into a Duel with another Ragne.

We got very, very lucky. The coordinate we triggered it in had two crystals for an Emergency: Defend, and all 12 of us were together. Those screenshots are toward the end, at the beginning we were still doing the Emergency. In total, we Cross Burst three times and extended the time of the entire thing to around eight minutes. Someone told me you can Cross Burst up to five (!) times though, so I'm interested in seeing what that's like.

Last night I got five PSE Bursts during the Emergency Quests, but only cross burst once and the loot wasn't all that great. You really have to get all 12 people working together to make it happen.
When ever there is an emergency going on, I'm like the only one there while everyone else just does normal quests or is Friend only locked and I can't join.

Did you redownload the English patch before doing this? Installing the English patch onto a newer version of the game than it was designed for has a high chance of breaking things.

The very same patch I downloaded a week ago. There was no new content, and most stuff is server side, so the patch still the same.

Now I still burning my money at DooDoo troll counter. I can still hear his laugh after take all my money and destroy my 800k Rod into a shameful 200k Rod.

spacejew.jpg.jpeg

I have barely 10~20k meseta left all the time. As soon as I get enough money, I give it to that man. You can't trust a man in purple.

The very same patch I downloaded a week ago. There was no new content, and most stuff is server side, so the patch still the same.

Even if there's no new content, there's a lot of updates to existing content - most notably, the floating islands sound like they were almost completely revamped to address the issues. There's simply no way to know what effect modifying the game files with a patch meant for a previous version will have. It could be as innocuous as not being able to sit in chairs in the lobby (which actually happened during closed beta) or it could be completely game-breaking.

Now I still burning my money at DooDoo troll counter. I can still hear his laugh after take all my money and destroy my 800k Rod into a shameful 200k Rod.

I have barely 10~20k meseta left all the time. As soon as I get enough money, I give it to that man. You can't trust a man in purple.

Only reason I'm not with you is I ran out of grinders before I ran out of meseta. I've since used a 3-day shop ticket to get rid of some stuff I'll never use, and I'm about 150k shy of where I was at before... minus a 9 star Talis+9 that is now a Talis+2 that will probably be relegated to collect dust in storage.

Top Bottom