• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Coxy

Found a email from Sega about some unauthorized logins and hacking of accounts :|

before kotaku decide to run with this as a story, neither sega nor PSO2 have been hacked, this email is just saying if you have accounts that share emails/password on other sites/games you might want to change them due to the recent blizzard/linkedIN hackings and stuff

Anyone know were I can find the Vol Dragon. I'm doing that hefty ladys near the Parlor Shop quest and I need to find a Vol Dragon. Also Any hints on where I can get lucky and find the Summer Rappys to kill?

Anyone know were I can find the Vol Dragon. I'm doing that hefty ladys near the Parlor Shop quest and I need to find a Vol Dragon. Also Any hints on where I can get lucky and find the Summer Rappys to kill?

Vol Dragon is the boss of free Caves.

Summer Rappies show up wherever and whenever they feel like.

Reknoc

Managed to get my mic the other day. Fought the Vol Dragon twice in EHMAGANCY CODES during free caves. Still haven't managed to complete the quest yet though.

Where I'm burning my money is in adding abilities.

It's like you can have 3 x 80% and get 0, ruining your weapon/unit. So you have to start again slot by slot, buying crappy units at myshop and facing that man again and again. I burned 400k in few minutes. I had a unit worth of 1.200k at my shop, turned into a 120k after said 3x80%, and now back to 800k wasting tons to recover it.

To have to collect so many units/weps is also a storage nightmare. I'm surviving with something like ~8 free slots right now. So less loot, less income selling garbage.

Changing subject. I started a solo F. Continent as a lvl 36 hunter. Then people started to join until 12/12 filled the room. One hour and a half later, clearing CO after CO, exiting and reentering to clear more CO's, and killing every boss out there until they just stopped to respawn I hitted lvl 40. Leveling after 30 is fast, after 35 just insanely fast.

I hope they don't change this after they raise the cap to 50. But also I hope they don't let the cap for so long as 40 one.

VariantX

Yeah, I hit the 30's around the 120+ hr mark and now im 50% to lvl 39 at around 127 hours in. When i get to F.Continent ill probably be at lvl 40 long before then.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So I was just was playing the game for the first time with some friends, and in the first mission with a boss I ran into the worst luck. I was only on level 5, my friends were the same, and during our trip to the boss in Forest 2 we ran into a duel area and fought against at first simply a Fang Banshee... And then a Fang Banther spawned... and then one of those flying enemies that can't be killed and do a lot of damage... and then an army of smaller enemies (pillbugs, infected wolves, etc...)

Was a lot of fun, but boy was that difficult. XD Guessing that's not common during the first time you play the game, as that was a lot harder than the actual boss.

Nishastra

Banned
The cats can spawn randomly in the forest now? I've been in the 20s for so long now, I don't know when I last saw a Free Field...

Cats combined with an Avoid does sound quite hideous. Really, nothing goes well with an Avoid :p

Dusk Golem

The cats can spawn randomly in the forest now? I've been in the 20s for so long now, I don't know when I last saw a Free Field...

Cats combined with an Avoid does sound quite hideous. Really, nothing goes well with an Avoid :p

Apparently, this was only my first time playing but we got to the first level 5 mission where you go to fight the first boss. We first encountered a random expanding enemy, then shortly after it was raining with lightning strikes, and we thought that was all we'd have to fight, but then towards the later half of Forest 2 we were ambushed by the two 'cats', an Avoid shortly after, and several pillbugs and wolves one after another which all piled ontop of each other, with all the smaller enemies, the two big cats, the unkillable flying monster, and all the lightning striking everywhere. They must be random as I'm pretty sure the cats and all that shit at once aren't regularly spawning there as they were a higher level than us, but it was a lot of fun even if the boss itself paled in comparison.

Towards the end a random player with three bots came in, but they came in literally right when the Fang Banther was almost dead.

Avoid? What's that. Also thanks again for help Reknoc, I don't think i could've beat the Vol Dragon without your help. Granted I still Have to kill it once more to get that Mic from that Quest.

Reknoc

I'm not really sure who helped who really, since I died before it fell haha. Still, if you got the Exploration quest from Koffee you can kill 2 wyverns with 1 stone.

Dusk Golem

Avoid? What's that. Also thanks again for help Reknoc, I don't think i could've beat the Vol Dragon without your help. Granted I still Have to kill it once more to get that Mic from that Quest.

I'm assuming an Avoid is the name of what we ran into, which is this giant flying enemy which is black with red wings, you can't kill, and continually tries to attack you (which deals quite a bit of damage). One of them spawned as we were taking on the cats and other things mid-match.

I'm assuming an Avoid is the name of what we ran into, which is this giant flying enemy which is black with red wings, you can't kill, and continually tries to attack you (which deals quite a bit of damage). One of them spawned as we were taking on the cats and other things mid-match.

If it's that monster, then I usually stay away from it's line of sight and blast it to hell as a Ranger and it will never get near you. If your a Hunter then I guess your just out of luck.

Nishastra

Banned
I forget the name of the actual enemy, but it appears in an Emergency Code Avoid, and you have to run away from it until the timer runs down.

If anyone gets hit by it twice, you fail.

I forget the name of the actual enemy, but it appears in an Emergency Code Avoid, and you have to run away from it until the timer runs down.

If anyone gets hit by it twice, you fail.

Wow that's pretty harsh. I have yet to encounter an Avoid yet so I might be lucky there. I did however get my first code Rescue which sucks because it happened when me and Reknoc were doing the Emergency Mission and it sucks up so much time trying to break the barrier.

VariantX

Finally hit the level cap tonight thanks to a nice PSE burst that lasted about 4 or so minutes.

pso20120817_010708_004.jpg

feels good...

VariantX

That's why I'll be rotating out for force/ranger starting tomorrow, then I can hit those caps, and then the real despair will begin.

Nishastra

Banned
I'll finally be in the 30s as a Force sometime today or tomorrow, so... I'll probably be 40 again by Monday :p

Then I don't know what I'll do. I have a Hunter Mag, but I've come to the conclusion that I really like being primarily ranged.

ezodagrom

Yeah, they can spawn randomly in the forest, as long as the person that triggers them to appear already defeated them in the emergency mission.
This is also how the code rescue with the small lillipas and code attack with Transmizer appear in the desert, they appear there only after a player has gone through them in the mines.

Wonko_C

Any Windows 8 support news ?

Mine is working on Windows 8 Consumer Preview, the only issue I have is that when playing on my TV at native resolution (1080p) the screen "blinks" to black every 20-30 seconds, but that seems to be more of a Windows 8/GPU/TV combination problem than the game's.

Reknoc

I've been thinking of something I'd love to see in this game, though I'm not entirely sure if it'd be mechanically sound. I'd love to see throwback exploration missions, I don't mean how like some of the areas are throwbacks already (Forest, Caves, Mines) but like, actually taken from the original game, maybe prettied up a little.

I've been thinking of something I'd love to see in this game, though I'm not entirely sure if it'd be mechanically sound. I'd love to see throwback exploration missions, I don't mean how like some of the areas are throwbacks already (Forest, Caves, Mines) but like, actually taken from the original game, maybe prettied up a little.

I actually wouldn't mind that. I would love to see some PSZ levels added to it.

VariantX

That's what V.R. Missions are for, a perfect excuse to use the old stuff again. It'd just be alot of work though because there's no way the old stuff can just come back into PSO2 as is, they'd have to give those monsters new and updated behaviors to match the set of abilities the players have now.

Nishastra

Banned
NPCs will never dodge anything, so they tend to be useless in boss fights, even with their massive HP (non-friend partner NPCs only).

The key to Vol Dragon is just knowing how he moves and making sure to stop attacking and get out of the way at the right times. As a ranged character he's really not hard as long as you keep far away and know when he's going to spit a fireball or make fire erupt out of the ground.

Beyond that, it just takes forever :p

You can freeze his feet, break his tail-ball, or (as long as he's not fully armored up from diving underground) break the horns on his head to stun him.

RSLAEV

I'll finally be in the 30s as a Force sometime today or tomorrow, so... I'll probably be 40 again by Monday :p

Then I don't know what I'll do. I have a Hunter Mag, but I've come to the conclusion that I really like being primarily ranged.

Yeah I switched my 23 Hunter to Ranger and oh my god...so much easier and less frustrating.

Is there any advantage to leveling other lasses? like does a guy who leveled one class to 40 and then switches to another class have any advantage over someone who just starts fresh at that class?

Nishastra

Banned
Yeah I switched my 23 Hunter to Ranger and oh my god...so much easier and less frustrating.

Is there any advantage to leveling other lasses? like does a guy who leveled one class to 40 and then switches to another class have any advantage over someone who just starts fresh at that class?
Only benefit is not having to unlock stuff again and being able to turn in high-level repeatable COs to speed through low levels.

Also, just by virtue of being high level, you can use a lot of discs for other classes. So, for example, you can learn a ton of techs without being a Force, and then when you switch to Force, you can actually use them regardless of your stats.

VariantX

Damn you Vol Dragon. It seems that even with a party full of NPC is still not enough to bring him down.

NPC's are only useful against Gwanahda, every other boss/sub-boss just kills them outright, and then its as if you didn't even bother bringing anyone in the first place. They're just way too dumb to do basic things like guard or dodge nor do they bring you back to life if you're downed, they just stand there and stare at your corpse.

Well I use the Friend NPCs to usually distract bosses, which works out like 40% to 50% of the time. I've learned how to dodge VOl Dragon, the only problem is that I'll click to do an attack and nothing happens, then I panic and mash the mouse button, and then he hits me with an attack because of distraction, which usually leads to getting hit twice, which means death for me

Nishastra

Banned
Try to attack and nothing happens? Are you a Force using a Talis? That's all I can think of for that. If you've thrown a card/whatever, techs will cast from it instead of from you while it floats in the air.

That includes the charging effects/sound, so it can look like the tech just isn't working if you're not expecting the effect.

Or are you just out of PP? Well, regardless, dodging has to take priority over dealing damage. He's gonna take forever no matter what :p

Try to attack and nothing happens? Are you a Force using a Talis? That's all I can think of for that. If you've thrown a card/whatever, techs will cast from it instead of from you while it floats in the air.

That includes the charging effects/sound, so it can look like the tech just isn't working if you're not expecting the effect.

Or are you just out of PP? Well, regardless, dodging has to take priority over dealing damage. He's gonna take forever no matter what :p

No, I'm a Ranger. The game has done this recently were it just doesn't register my inputs for a few seconds whether it be just to move or when I click to shoot Normal/Special attacks. But yeah, I'm trying to kill him fast to unlock the desert area.

Nishastra

Banned
That's really weird. Even if you're having network problems, it should never prevent you from acting. The game is pretty heavily client-based.

Even if you're fully disconnected, you can still run around and attack for 10-20 seconds. Just you won't get any damage numbers.

I finally got my force to 40 and it's fun as shit. My ranger will still be used for boss runs, but force will now be my farming class. Don't see many GAF people online much nowadays. =/

Nishastra

Banned
I'm level... 34 as a Force now. I'm playing more since I got past 30, but I was never in the GAF team :p

I really like being a Force. I can't put out quite so much burst damage as I could as a Ranger, but I'm more... versatile. Also, being able to heal yourself without items is always good. Oh, and nothing beats the Force dodge.

Netto-kun

I haven't been on much lately since I am playing other games (and I am expecting 3 more games in the mail pretty soon). But I still log on daily for the daily FUN points and up for Forest Emergency Quests if those ever pop up. :p

Top Bottom