• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

remz

Whaaaaat? Seriously? They're going to IP Ban us? Lucky I didn't spend any money on AC then >.<

If we're not going to be able to connect, it is really going to suck waiting for the western release.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
On one hand, it was possible to play PSO from outside Japan and I bet there was a similar point in the user agreement. On the other, who knows how their views on that have changed...
Guess we'll see after today's maintenance.
Whaaaaat? Seriously? They're going to IP Ban us? Lucky I didn't spend any money on AC then >.<
If we're not going to be able to connect, it is really going to suck waiting for the western release.
Well, even if there's an IP ban, you can always use a VPN, like the DQX people.

I bought 500 AC, but have over 140 hours on the game. Definitely worth it even if it does happen. But i really really hope it doesn't. There is nothing else to play!

VariantX

They just couldn't wait until the servers go back up in a few hours, test the rumor to see if its true before posting the story? Talk about irresponsible... I mean its only half the story, the clause changed, not whether or not foreign connections can log on or not.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
They just couldn't wait until the servers go back up in a few hours, test the rumor to see if its true before posting the story? Talk about irresponsible... I mean its only half the story, the clause changed, not whether or not foreign connections can log on or not.
That's Kotaku for you.
Anyway, luckily the patch downloaded pretty fast, can't wait for the update to go live.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Seems like there's some new icons buried in the patch:

I see a white Rappy suit (Row 7, Column 6)!

New outfits too:

iUSdXSmRNh0m5.jpg
i9kqC6fZX0HPa.jpg

ibng4U5ToJiFVM.jpg
ibsp0WSzI75dEh.jpg
iJa6Jl8Mz3gMQ.jpg

iUnuK4aWFd0yO.jpg
ibhc686V3gJVuI.jpg
ibgnQ604bUSoWT.jpg

apricot

So are they or are aren't they actually blocking IPs? The language in that announcement makes it seem a bit vague. I'd try logging in myself but I have a boatload of updates to do... (data caps and all that)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
We cleared all the new quests with wunder, Aeana and Vivid. Was fun, although the "new" (mostly recolored) enemies were a bit weak.
The biggest letdown was the recolored Kyatadoran as a first boss with the same set of moves.
Quartz Dragon, on the other hand, was much better than the Snow Banshee/Panther although it can wipe a whole party if you're not careful.
13 screenshots from the new field added to my PSO2 minus album:

A little worrying if a lot of new areas are just going to feature recoloured enemies, i'd prefer less areas with a more unique approach and different bosses.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
A little worrying if a lot of new areas are just going to feature recoloured enemies, i'd prefer less areas with a more unique approach and different bosses.
There are 3 new dragon enemies, 1 new darker type and 1 new boss, but I agree, a bit more would be good. We can hope for that in the Autumn "large scale update", I guess.

Coxy

So are they or are aren't they actually blocking IPs? The language in that announcement makes it seem a bit vague. I'd try logging in myself but I have a boatload of updates to do... (data caps and all that)

they are not and fucking hell hours later kotaku still hasnt updated their article stating things that never happened, lol games journalism indeed

Stubo

they are not and fucking hell hours later kotaku still hasnt updated their article stating things that never happened, lol games journalism indeed
Regardless it was quite an ominous statement to release, especially given the mention of proxy techniques. Why do you hate fans of your game guys? Let us enjoy your efforts!

This is especially so for everyone who's buying AC. "Shut up and take my money" indeed...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Regardless it was quite an ominous statement to release, especially given the mention of proxy techniques. Why do you hate fans of your game guys? Let us enjoy your efforts!

This is especially so for everyone who's buying AC. "Shut up and take my money" indeed...
I don't want to be the devil's advocate, but isn't that more of a legal thing? When you look at the long 4gamer interview with Sakai, he mentions that the legal systems of different countries approach selling virtual items differently, so they can't just make the Japanese servers a worldwide ones. They probably don't want to kick the non-Japanese players out, because if they wanted, an IP block would be the quickest way to do it, right?
In my opinion this is more of a safety measure for SEGA than anything else.

Coxy

not really, they had the exact same statement on PSU and PSOBB and never IP blocked them, regardless everyone is online and playing the new area happily today and Kotaku's article is still complete bullshit that never happened

Stubo

I don't want to be the devil's advocate, but isn't that more of a legal thing? When you look at the long 4gamer interview with Sakai, he mentions that the legal systems of different countries approach selling virtual items differently, so they can't just make the Japanese servers a worldwide ones. They probably don't want to kick the non-Japanese players out, because if they wanted, an IP block would be the quickest way to do it, right?
In my opinion this is more of a safety measure for SEGA than anything else.
While I can completely see some law being behind their actions I would have to question it due to other companies having global servers in the past. Aren't PSN and XBL both open to all regions, for example?

Either way if they want to have statements and conditions to cover themselves then that's fine, as long as it doesn't adversely impact the end user experience then I'm all for it!

remz

Glad that nothing eventuated of the warning but somewhat disgusted that Kotaku don't even have the decency to fact check their articles/follow up on their shit.

That's just an outright rumor posted as fact. And not even a particularly solid one.

/goes back to levelling

I though there were no Grants Disks drops yet. But I have bought a level 9 Gigrants for 5000 meseta, and there are more, and much more expensive, disks at MyShop :S

Killthee

I though there were no Grants Disks drops yet. But I have bought a level 9 Gigrants for 5000 meseta, and there are more, and much more expensive, disks at MyShop :S
The new update added them. I saw a lv 10 one posted on PSO-World, the guy who found it said he got it in Dragonland.

Just dropped a Lvl 10 GiGrants disk here in my first run ¬¬'. Anyway, 5000 meseta didn't hurt much, could be worse.

There is a ton of lvl. 10 disk dropping. Time to raise to lvl 15 techs :p

At what level do I have to get to start getting more quests from the quest counter? I'm only level 8 and I've finished the level 7 Quest but nothing else shows up.

Nishastra

Banned
You need to do Koffee's client orders. Pretty much everything is unlocked through those. You should have one to unlock Free Forest, and then once you do Free Forest once, she should give one to unlock Caves missions.

You need to do Koffee's client orders. Pretty much everything is unlocked through those. You should have one to unlock Free Forest, and then once you do Free Forest once, she should give one to unlock Caves missions.

The free forrest mission is a pain in my ass. I just need to do the one where you kill the spiders in 10 minutes, but I always get screw over with the last 3. Anyone have any tips for finishing it.

Killthee

The free forrest mission is a pain in my ass. I just need to do the one where you kill the spiders in 10 minutes, but I always get screw over with the last 3. Anyone have any tips for finishing it.
I'm online right now if you need help. Sent you a friend request.

Wonko_C

I give up. I wanted to wait until the western release for this game to play it proper but I've been playing this on-off solo. I think I'll be playing this to tide me over the American version hoping I won't get sick of it by then.

Got my first Tekker weapon from the emergency mission. My god is it expensive to identify. It's going to cost me all of my money. But will it be worth it. Yay it was my first Red Star rare item.

VariantX

Tonights mission put me over the 35 mark. only 5 more levels until everything is pointless and im forced to class switch lol

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Brian from Kotaku actually replied to my email saying that they did nothing wrong and the article was based on facts. They've updated it, though.

Gah, just ran the Catdragonsa mission for the first time with a couple teammates. I literally drained them of all their moons in the fight. It was enough for me to finally invest in a decent arm unit (bought a &#12450;&#12540;&#12512;&#65295;&#12463;&#12525;&#12473;&#12450;&#12513;&#12452;&#12531;&#946; on teammate's suggestion and manipulated it so it now has Ability I and Ragne Soul), but I doubt this is really going to be enough to make this fight not extremely painful at the current level cap.

Gweg

Neo Member
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=293

Don't know if it's been linked yet, but here's the official news post. They updated the terms of service to say that access from outside of Japan is now banned, as well as access from outside of Japan through a Japanese address (i.e a proxy or VPN).

These are bad news for the people playing :( (or good news for VPN sellers)
Wonder if this has to do with the servers being crowded. Seems shady though, since because of timezones, primetimes differ quite a lot. FFXI had international servers too, and it wasn't that bad (plus it was 10 years ago ! it's not like tech has stagnated since).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

Don't know if it's been linked yet, but here's the official news post. They updated the terms of service to say that access from outside of Japan is now banned, as well as access from outside of Japan through a Japanese address (i.e a proxy or VPN).

These are bad news for the people playing :( (or good news for VPN sellers)
Wonder if this has to do with the servers being crowded. Seems shady though, since because of timezones, primetimes differ quite a lot. FFXI had international servers too, and it wasn't that bad (plus it was 10 years ago ! it's not like tech has stagnated since).
It was posted here yesterday and appeared to be nothing more than a Terms of Use change. No IP block is currently present and all the people from outside Japan can connect without problems.

Mandoric

Banned
The good news is that I can still play!

The bad news is that I still have no idea what the hell to do at lv14, a single level up away from the gear that will let me unlock free-roam Caves.

ezodagrom

The good news is that I can still play!

The bad news is that I still have no idea what the hell to do at lv14, a single level up away from the gear that will let me unlock free-roam Caves.
The only thing you need to unlock free caves is to do a koffee client order that requires to do the kartagot and caterdran quests in a certain time limit and to get 2 quest items.
The time limit used to be 12 minutes for the kartagot quest and 16 minutes for the caterdran quest, but they changed it to 20 minutes and 25 minutes respectively.

Every game service in Japan (that doesn't have global service available) has this clause.
It's up to Sega to actively enforce it, however it does give them a TOS clause to hang their hat on in case of banning over other violations incurred by foreign users.

Everyone should be doing the COs by the new, uhhh, heavy-set NPC standing near the salon in the 2nd floor of the shopping district. If you complete all five of them you get a unique weapon of some sort. No idea how long this will be around.

Killthee

Special maintenance tonight:

Phantasy Star Online 2 will undergo a special maintenance on August 10th, 2012.

Maintenance Contents:
  • To fix the bug in the Aesthetics Counter.
  • Countermeasures towards malicious exploits that hinder others gameplay.

Maintenance Times
  • August 10th, 8:00 ~ 13:00 JST
  • August 9th, 7:00PM ~ 12:00 AM EDT

Everyone should be doing the COs by the new, uhhh, heavy-set NPC standing near the salon in the 2nd floor of the shopping district. If you complete all five of them you get a unique weapon of some sort. No idea how long this will be around.

She'll be in game until Sept 26th.

Top Bottom