• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Everyone should be doing the COs by the new, uhhh, heavy-set NPC standing near the salon in the 2nd floor of the shopping district. If you complete all five of them you get a unique weapon of some sort. No idea how long this will be around.

LOL
They added the Matsuko Deluxe-looking character that won the design contest?
Nice.

Everyone should be doing the COs by the new, uhhh, heavy-set NPC standing near the salon in the 2nd floor of the shopping district. If you complete all five of them you get a unique weapon of some sort. No idea how long this will be around.

Will try to do if she is within my level of missions.

Blueblur1

PSO 2 will be at PAX.

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/08/09/sega-brings-nine-playable-games-to-pax-prime/

Thursday Aug 09, 2012
SEGA Brings Nine Playable Games to PAX Prime

SEGA @ PAX

We’re excited to announce a line-up of nine playable games, including one unannounced game, for this year’s Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle. Alongside our upcoming blockbuster franchise titles Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Aliens: Colonial Marines, we are also showing off several digital titles, including Double Fine’s The Cave and Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit by indie developer Arkedo Studios. Phantasy Star Online 2, the popular multi-player online role playing game, which launched to more than 730,000 players in less than one month in Japan, will be making its Western debut at the show. Fans of the iconic blue hedgehog will also get to play the recently-announced HD version of Sonic Adventure 2.

SEGA’s full PAX line-up is below:

Aliens: Colonial Marines
The Cave
Hell Yeah! – Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Jet Set Radio
NiGHTS into dreams…
Phantasy Star Online 2
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Unannounced digital title (new IP)

SEGA’s games will be showcased in booths 242 and 252 at the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington, from August 31 through September 2, 2012.

I literally got this from an emergency code infected forest banther a split-second before the servers went down for maintenance just now:

pso20120809_190001_003.jpg

Interesting......I still stand by what I said though. If it comes out this year States side, I'll probably switch over, if not, I'll stay on the Japanese version.

I thought they already said it won't be this year...

Mandoric

Banned
The only thing you need to unlock free caves is to do a koffee client order that requires to do the kartagot and caterdran quests in a certain time limit and to get 2 quest items.
The time limit used to be 12 minutes for the kartagot quest and 16 minutes for the caterdran quest, but they changed it to 20 minutes and 25 minutes respectively.

Oh, I should be able to do it with the new time limit then. Just wasn't able to output enough damage with the risk of a one-shot at 14, and my shiny new armor needs 15.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Then I guess I'm staying put then. Now if they announce it for consoles, then I might double dip. But I highly doubt it will.

Is this some emergency maintenance or something, cause I thought it had already happened in the morning?
Special maintenance to fix some exploits.

Then I guess I'm staying put then. Now if they announce it for consoles, then I might double dip. But I highly doubt it will.

Is this some emergency maintenance or something, cause I thought it had already happened in the morning?

It's a morning maintenance in Japan, which is evening for those of us in the US.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Uh, that Mikera's CO were annoying. Have the last one left, since finding the monsters can be a bit of a pain.

In other news, first "special" mag has been announced - device required for the special evolution will be included in the retail premium package which is going to be released on September 13th.
Screenshot:
v892Y.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Connecting from outside Japan and buying AC with foreign CCs

Sorry for the double post, but this piece of information is important for most of the players here. I've just read the new PSO2 blog post and here are the key points:
- Since there are a lot of foreign players not breaking the rules, they don't want to block IPs
- HOWEVER, if the hacking incidents from overseas will keep occurring, more drastic countermeasures will be taken (judging by the context, this means an IP block)
- As a countermeasure introduced to fight the problematic players, foreign Credit Cards can't be use to purchase AC anymore

I'm no Kotaku, so I won't be jumping to conclusions about the last part, but that's what is written in the blog post.

Blueblur1

- As a countermeasure introduced to fight the problematic players, foreign Credit Cards can't be use to purchase AC anymore

Fuck. :(

Edit: I was just able to buy AC but only in increments of 500. Any larger amount would result in a message stating the credit card cannot be used and I should contact the credit card company.

Nishastra

Banned
The kind of people who hack online games more or less exist to ruin things for others, so I'm sure there'll be an IP ban sooner or later.

Edit: I was just able to buy AC but only in increments of 500. Any larger amount would result in a message stating the credit card cannot be used and I should contact the credit card company.
Yeah, people are saying that you can still buy 500 AC. Also, if you go the WebMoney route, you don't need to use a credit card to pay for the points directly, but it'll cost a bit more.

Uh, that Mikera's CO were annoying. Have the last one left, since finding the monsters can be a bit of a pain.

In other news, first "special" mag has been announced - device required for the special evolution will be included in the retail premium package which is going to be released on September 13th.
Screenshot:
v892Y.jpg

SATO~! I've missed you!

Varion

Genuinely curious what led them to the conclusion that would help. It's not as if the people they're targetting are well known for spending loads of money on the accounts they're going to get banned by doing stupid shit, is it? That's only going to be the legitimate players. Who are the ones who'll suffer from this. It's not going to help 'fight the hackers' in any shape or form.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Genuinely curious what led them to the conclusion that would help. It's not as if the people they're targetting are well known for spending loads of money on the accounts they're going to get banned by doing stupid shit, is it? That's only going to be the legitimate players. Who are the ones who'll suffer from this. It's not going to help 'fight the hackers' in any shape or form.
Maybe aside from hacking they have problems with Credit Card shenanigans done by some players, who knows. Doesn't make sense to me either, to be honest.

Reknoc

Gone the webmoney route for some AC, just waiting on my code now. This is probably a little too much effort just to get my character in a bikini.

I'm sure blocking foreign IPs and restricting AC availability is going to magically make all the hackers disappear. Nope, no way broomop and friends will redouble their efforts in response to this.

Gone the webmoney route for some AC, just waiting on my code now. This is probably a little too much effort just to get my character in a bikini.

Yeah after I was done with it I felt it was too much effort as well. Glad I could give SEGA some money for this though, I have put over 130 hours into it.

Is it just me or is there another patch to get after yesterday?

Also, what's the deal with these FUN card thingies? I saw I had one and used it but nothing happened.

Is it just me or is there another patch to get after yesterday?

Also, what's the deal with these FUN card thingies? I saw I had one and used it but nothing happened.

Another patch was released during the emergency maintenance last night.

All item codes deposit to a special storage location of their own. Retrieve them from the green cube terminal - I forget which option it is but it's one of the latter ones.

Well, I've managed a particularly gross misadventure at the grind counter where I managed to take a 9 star Talis from +9 to +2, costing me over 300 grinders and 700k meseta in the process. I'm selling pretty much anything of value in the player shop to make up for it (had a 3 day shop ticket). Monomates are listed at a particularly high price just in case anyone felt like donating but didn't need anything I was selling. >.>;

Nishastra

Banned
Bleh. I'm in the 20s again. They really need to put something else in here. It's just dumb how little content there is from 20-30, especially since 30-40 is totally overloaded.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Tip for everyone leveling new characters - a flying islands CO from the violet haired girl (don't remember her name) nets you 32k xp, can be repeated daily and you can buy the 30 required items for 1k each in the player shops.

Nishastra

Banned
Won't help actual new people any since they won't have access to that CO, but I guess I can switch back to Ranger for long enough to unlock it! :p

Edit: Got it. It's actually only 23k, but I'll at least be able to get to level 25 before I go broke :p

Reknoc

Her timed missions were so infuriating. Did the Ranger and Hunter ones with little trouble (lvl 6 and 1) but the Force one gave me no end of trouble (lvl 14). Didn't help the timer goes down during loading.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Her timed missions were so infuriating. Did the Ranger and Hunter ones with little trouble (lvl 6 and 1) but the Force one gave me no end of trouble (lvl 14). Didn't help the timer goes down during loading.
You're bringing 3 NPCs with you, right? I've done it on level 7 and it wasn't THAT hard. :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The mic is actually like the space tuna; it is always equip panel regardless of your current class. Still can't use techs if you're not a Force, but it lets you dash like one.
Yup, I'm a ranger on that screenshot.
By the way, do we know of other weapons which all classes can equip beside the Tuna, Mic, Bouquet Rifle and Soul Eater?

Piers

As far as combat goes what's it feel like more? PSU or PSO? Or does it feel completely different?

Also what are the goods and bads about it?
Sorry to ask, intrigued on community input.

Nishastra

Banned
What is this Space tuna I keep hearing about, and is it still possible to get it? Also thanks for the heads up on that CO Keiician.
It's a "sword". There were a lot of them in the shops last time I looked. Fairly cheap, since it's not really good as an actual weapon :p

And while that CO is certainly useful, you won't be able to get it until you have "Dragonland" unlocked.

It's a "sword". There were a lot of them in the shops last time I looked. Fairly cheap, since it's not really good as an actual weapon :p

And while that CO is certainly useful, you won't be able to get it until you have "Dragonland" unlocked.

Aww hell..... When do you get that unlocked?

Nishastra

Banned
The first mission there has a requirement of level 35. Also, you have to do a timed CO there to unlock the item turn-in one.

It's really only useful for leveling other classes after you've already gotten one to the cap.

VariantX

You need to be level 35+ and and do Koffee's S-rank free mines in under 40 mins client order be able to get to floating islands.

Top Bottom