• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

More datamine info:
The katana and bow are used by the same class. Also the Bow can use/has weak bullet, so yeah.... Might be a new combo class or something.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
More datamine info:
The katana and bow are used by the same class. Also the Bow can use/has weak bullet, so yeah.... Might be a new combo class or something.
Combo class
? Yes please. How did those work in the previous iterations?
I just hope we won't have to level it from scratch.

DJIzana

Hot damn... thanks for this information! I just hope they include
the Jungle area from PSO Episode 2.
That was one of my favorites...

If you're asking how "serious" we are, I think 99% or 100% of the team plays for fun. Don't remember any internal conflicts since we started to be honest. No one is making you do team orders or anything like that. As for active people, there's usually 1-8 people online, so we're not one of the super active teams.

Edit:
If someone wants an invite from me you have about 1,5 hour before I go to bed, so get to it!

Well, truth must be said.

Every Gaf member have to stand with my random complaints about dodo, in full caps and filled with nasty words. Also with my unability to keep my nonsense shit into the party chat.

From time to time, I also cry, spit to my carers and try to steal from fallen players instead of reviving them.

Well, the most annoying thing about Gaf team is me spaming team chat. Can't understand how a game like this can have any drama at a team. Sure, most gaffers dont care about collecting team points, but that's all.

Well, I'm downloading something that I didn't have to download an hour ago...

usau93Ll.jpg

EDIT: Fuck, everything is in Japanese again...

English patch detected. Everytime there is an update, game redownload those files and you have to reapply it. This time, I'm doing that before actual patch to avoid tomorrow the 1,2Gb download. Force file check for this.

Meia

Game downloaded something for me too.

Finally got the client download to work after trying off and on for a few months, got my first bit of game in today(only like lv3), logged off, and started downloading something again. Recopied all the english stuff over again, but now the game proper won't start, so dunno what to make of it.

Have been looking for a sequel for PSO 1 for a long time after sinking like 1k hours into it(and never finding enjoyment in any of the other games after), gameplay wise seems I found it, even if it's still in a lot of japanese. Guessing the things that can't be translated are the unimportant NPC dialogue things and items themselves?

EDIT: Wow, weird timing. :p

kiryogi

Banned
Phantasy Star fans and alike . . . Apparently the visual chronicle is available outside of the concert. . . But it's currently sold out everywhere (pending a restock)

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4047288853/

To remind folks what this awesome book has:

The Phantasy Star 25th Anniversary Visual Chronicle (2400 Yen) is chock-full of costumes, characters, enemies, fields, weapons, and various illustrations from the entire Phantasy Star series.

The first half of the book contains materials from the Sega Mark III era all the way through Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. The second half of the book contains concept art images from Phantasy Star Online 2.

As a special bonus, you’ll also receive item codes that includes; the Myau Ornament, five Sega consoles, and the Phantasy Star Series 25th Anniversary sticker. These item codes will expire March 31st, 2014.

Okay, so today I learned that I should not install the old English patch after the game gets patched. Problem solved, downloaded the new one. However, I can't tell if the story patch is up to date. Anyone know if it's okay to install it now? (or do I just use the same one I've been using?)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
All new fields completed. Love the atmosphere and the .hack-ish design. The fog can get a bit too "trippy" at times, but that might just be me.

Bosses are a bit too easy for 4 player team when fought without the adds, I don't think that anyone in our party was remotely close to dying during those fights.

what are the stipulations for trading S-ranks?

can't?

If by S-ranks you mean 10star stuff, you can't trade (the actual premium trading function that is) them. You can sell them in myshops regardless of whether or not you have premium. But in order to buy them you need to have premium. At which point you'd go to the recycle shop and trade in a 10star weapon or armor to get a 10star weapon or armor purchasing ticket (depending on which one you traded in). Once you have this ticket you can buy 10stars off the shops. But here is a fun fact: The only step of the purchasing process that requires you having premium is the creation of the 10star purchasing pass. So if your premium is about to run out you can go get as many tickets as you can afford and use them later once your premium has expired.

If by S-ranks you mean 10star stuff, you can't trade (the actual premium trading function that is) them. You can sell them in myshops regardless of whether or not you have premium. But in order to buy them you need to have premium. At which point you'd go to the recycle shop and trade in a 10star weapon or armor to get a 10star weapon or armor purchasing ticket (depending on which one you traded in). Once you have this ticket you can buy 10stars off the shops. But here is a fun fact: The only step of the purchasing process that requires you having premium is the creation of the 10star purchasing pass. So if your premium is about to run out you can go get as many tickets as you can afford and use them later once your premium has expired.

Thanks for the clarification. I figured as much.

My brother just got the Umbra Staff. I told him there was no way to trade. He said I could buy it from him (put it in his shop at low price or something with me in his room) but that would mean that he actually purchased a premium set and that I'd get another, legit S-rank drop.

That's a TON of variables for it to work out that way

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
but that would mean that he actually purchased a premium set and that I'd get another, legit S-rank drop.

That's a TON of variables for it to work out that way
You also need premium go be able to exchange for the 10 star weapon/unit pass in the recycle shop.

Generally, if a 10star is selling for less than 100k just turn it into a pass. Also don't ever sell armor unless it is a Falz/Hunar, Chrome, or Rare Boss variant. They're only going for 1k each and you'll be better off just turning them into grinders which sell for more.

Run every Dark Falz. Get like 20 rifles when you're looking for a rod. Problem solved.

(Bitter? Naaaaah.)

I've ran quite a few. Considering how cheap the rod is now, those guns are worth more and = passes/tickets

I'm sure I'd be a bit frustrated from your POV, but at least the current state of trading 10*s alleviates a lot of the frustration

I haven't seen a single 10* weapon drop for anyone in my party

Midou

Well, the most annoying thing about Gaf team is me spaming team chat. Can't understand how a game like this can have any drama at a team. Sure, most gaffers dont care about collecting team points, but that's all.

What is the most efficient way to collect team points?

I think it's the average age of my team that is a majority of the problem. Also, for some reason, if theres any women, men just flock to them. This leads to more drama.

I won't say I understand it. I just try to keep my distance. I've had to mute 20% of the people on Team Speak for the reasons mentioned above.

Doing a team MPA is a pretty good way of getting everyone to do at least one day's worth of Team orders. Just send the order items to storage once you've hit the rquirement so that you can get more. Also it helps support team bonding! if you're into that sort of thing.

Wonko_C

It's going to vary per week and per team.

It's also worth noting that I appear to be given the option to turn in 4500 TP a week now instead of the old 3000 TP limit.

How does one turn in that much? By completing all three orders? I still can't do 41+ team orders, so being able to do 2 of the 3 I only do about 500 points.

How does one turn in that much? By completing all three orders? I still can't do 41+ team orders, so being able to do 2 of the 3 I only do about 500 points.

Team orders have a 20 hour cooldown, so you should be able to turn in each order 7 times. As mentioned above, a popular strategy is storing your items to collect a very large amount in a short period of time, then just logging in to turn them in once the cooldown timers hit.

Blitzhex

Can anyone here help me solve the captcha? I've been trying them for 1 hour with no luck, how long do they last anyway?
OEMCaptchaImage.php

Wonko_C

Team orders have a 20 hour cooldown, so you should be able to turn in each order 7 times. As mentioned above, a popular strategy is storing your items to collect a very large amount in a short period of time, then just logging in to turn them in once the cooldown timers hit.

Oh, I thought once turned in I had to wait one week. Thanks.

Meia

Well, the game worked fine before the patch last night. Reinstalled, ok. Put the new english patch in, and black screen instead of title screen.

Wonko_C

So I decided to buy a new costume from the player shops. I found one very cool-looking and spent nearly all my Meseta on it. Initially I was very happy with it, until I saw...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So I decided to buy a new costume from the player shops. I found one very cool-looking and spent nearly all my Meseta on it. Initially I was very happy with it, until I saw...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know you can look at costume's preview in My Shop, right?

Blueblur1

Well, the game worked fine before the patch last night. Reinstalled, ok. Put the new english patch in, and black screen instead of title screen.

That happened to me last time. I determined that ot was the second optional English patch that was causing that problem. Try doing what I did.

Manually update the game so it downloads and installs over the English patch files and then only apply the smaller English patch file. The game should work after that.

BLCKATK

Decided I wanted to play this again, I have an account from the open beta that hopefully still works. I've been trying to reinstall the client, but when I try to update in the middle of the patch download it will give me error 103. Anything I can do to stop this from happening?

That happened to me last time. I determined that ot was the second optional English patch that was causing that problem. Try doing what I did.

Manually update the game so it downloads and installs over the English patch files and then only apply the smaller English patch file. The game should work after that.

Going to try this as I also got the black screen.

Decided I wanted to play this again, I have an account from the open beta that hopefully still works. I've been trying to reinstall the client, but when I try to update in the middle of the patch download it will give me error 103. Anything I can do to stop this from happening?

I googled it, sounds like connection issues due to a bad connection, blocked ports, or antivirus issues.

All new fields completed. Love the atmosphere and the .hack-ish design. The fog can get a bit too "trippy" at times, but that might just be me.

Bosses are a bit too easy for 4 player team when fought without the adds, I don't think that anyone in our party was remotely close to dying during those fights.

Both Wunder and me, at full HP, are always close to death. Not even need for enemies.

Farmed 1M exp today. New field, with enemies at 55, is like a MP Advanced Quest. I left less than 100k to 57. But LSD mist was killing meeee... Duuuuddeeeee........ Where is my mouse?

Blueblur1

Which site would you guys recommend for purchasing webmoney? SuToCorp or CN-USA? Does one charge more than the other (I presume they charge some kind of fee)?

BLCKATK

I googled it, sounds like connection issues due to a bad connection, blocked ports, or antivirus issues.

Yeah, sounds like my college internet is making things tough. I just downloaded an PSO2 English updater that seems to work just fine. Hopefully I'll be able to patch and play.

Wonko_C

You know you can look at costume's preview in My Shop, right?

I actually spent a few minutes looking at it, pondering if it was worth spending nearly all my Meseta on it. It wasn't until 30 minutes after I equipped it that I noticed the spiky things protruding from it. Still a cool looking costume, though.

Top Bottom