• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

So when is this officially coming out in Europe/NA?

Is the Vita version coming out over here too?

Also, I assume the PC version works with the 360 controller, right? I can't really imagine playing something like this with Kb/Mouse...

Reknoc

How long is a piece of string. They've already delayed from "probably sometime" to "probably sometime a bit later than the previous sometime"

They've made no mention of doing so.

Also, I assume the PC version works with the 360 controller, right? I can't really imagine playing something like this with Kb/Mouse...

360 controller is supported yea. Works really well with it as well.

You'd be surprised how well it actually does work with a keyboard and mouse. In fact, when playing as a ranger I prefer it. Everything else is better with a controller.

Seems the story patch is coming out in 4 days. I'll dive in on the 16th, then! Ahah, it's been a while since I played me some PSO... damn, over 10 years!

You'd be surprised how well it actually does work with a keyboard and mouse. In fact, when playing as a ranger I prefer it. Everything else is better with a controller.

I main Force and my playstyle only works properly on keyboard+mouse. TPS mouse aiming is useful for all classes and you need quick access to the number palette for fast techs and the numpad for fast weapon changes.

Blueblur1

So the first Easter Rappy I encountered...

pso20130410_234011_004eupi.jpg

Dropped an EggBlaster. :)

Deprive

How does the rare system in this work? Is this like PSO where everyone runs to the rare like a headless chicken? Or does everyone in the party get their own drop table, so everyone sees different stuff?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How does the rare system in this work? Is this like PSO where everyone runs to the rare like a headless chicken? Or does everyone in the party get their own drop table, so everyone sees different stuff?
Separate drops for everyone like in Diablo 3.

Blitzhex

About to make a character can someone friend invite me?

お友達がいるシップ:Ship02:Ur
お友達のプレイヤーID:1211868
Edit: Nvm that't not how it works :p

Soma

Speaking of which I'm totally broke now.

I could've bought some good weapons and gear but noooooo I just had to make my character look nice

totally worth it

kiryogi

Banned
Speaking of which I'm totally broke now.

I could've bought some good weapons and gear but noooooo I just had to make my character look nice

totally worth it

As one of my friends put it "You have to look good while kicking ass"

If I sold my wedding dress, I'd be set for life. XD

That said, gambled away 22 normal scratches today. Not the hottest run, but hopefully with the stuff I sell, I can buy a mikudayo device.

Gonna gamble another 11. . .

Unfortunately for me, I set the colors on my Lisa gimmick character wrong (the white on the Ionia Body is a fixed color instead of taking from your palette color, and the "socks" on the Ionia Legs takes from a separate palette color from the main color). What options do I have for fixing this short of rerolling my character?

Unfortunately for me, I set the colors on my Lisa gimmick character wrong (the white on the Ionia Body is a fixed color instead of taking from your palette color, and the "socks" on the Ionia Legs takes from a separate palette color from the main color). What options do I have for fixing this short of rerolling my character?

If it's one of the options you have to pay AC to change, I think it costs either 500 or 1200 AC at the salon. You then have an hour or so to make as many changes as you want.

Personaj

Neo Member
Just finished downloading + installing the game but whenever I try starting up it just freezes on a black screen right after loading the security client. Any ideas?

So lay it on me, do Hunters/Fighters in this game still lag behind Ranger and Techer classes due to the games basic mechanics that haven't changed since PSO? It seems that way.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So lay it on me, do Hunters/Fighters in this game still lag behind Ranger and Techer classes due to the games basic mechanics that haven't changed since PSO? It seems that way.
Hunters have a few op PAs, so it's not THAT bad, Fighter are the weakest now I guess, but I still play it as my main because Knuckles are a ton of fun.

Ferr986

It's a bug. You need to update the launcher and the game. The launcher update should be automatic (it was for me).

thanks. I did a file check but didnt solve anything. Going to try again without the english patch...

edit: nope, still borked without the patch.

Coxy

Hunters have a few op PAs, so it's not THAT bad, Fighter are the weakest now I guess, but I still play it as my main because Knuckles are a ton of fun.

the changes to brave stance and fury stance have made hunters and fighters and especially people who dual both pretty strong

the classes are pretty well balanced now

man...what don't these things get released worldwide...and what's up with a console version? PS4 or something?

I have fond memories of PSO on Dreamcast, was going to get back into the game with this release, hopefully it comes to PS4/Vita in the west soon...

DJIzana

man...what don't these things get released worldwide...and what's up with a console version? PS4 or something?

I have fond memories of PSO on Dreamcast, was going to get back into the game with this release, hopefully it comes to PS4/Vita in the west soon...

I doubt you'll see a console release of this game. Pretty sure they stated numerous times they don't have any plans to release one.

You really need to play the game so you don't make grossly incorrect statements about it. Hunters pretty much out damage every other class in the game at this point (not counting the current Ranger+Hunter silliness that is being patched out, of course). Rangers in this game at times seem to exist merely to weaken the enemy to allow others to do more damage and Forces more or less serve as crowd control.

I have a question, I downloaded (and tried) playing a couple of months ago, but erased out of sheer frustration with the Japanese language (didnt applied the English patch, I know, I know! :/ ). Now, Im downloading the game again and I wonder if I have to re-register with a new email address or I can use the same one again?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have a question, I downloaded (and tried) playing a couple of months ago, but erased out of sheer frustration with the Japanese language (didnt applied the English patch, I know, I know! :/ ). Now, Im downloading the game again and I wonder if I have to re-register with a new email address or I can use the same one again?
You should be ok, they don't delete inactive accounts.

There was a small charm about those mad rushes to red boxes, but it's good to know that it's separate for all now.

Cmagus

I have a question about grinding elements onto gear. I was reading on the bumped.org site that you need to have two items of the same name and that you set the first one up as the main item and the second is the material which I get. My issue is how exactly do you perform this it doesn't really show how to select the one item and then select the next.

Is this the correct guy I am supposed to be at. I know you grind weapons here but adding elements I am not sure.

guyr_zpsefba68d1.png

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have a question about grinding elements onto gear. I was reading on the bumped.org site that you need to have two items of the same name and that you set the first one up as the main item and the second is the material which I get. My issue is how exactly do you perform this it doesn't really show how to select the one item and then select the next.

Is this the correct guy I am supposed to be at. I know you grind weapons here but adding elements I am not sure.

guyr_zpsefba68d1.png
Not adding elements but making the current bonus stronger iirc. And yeah, you're at the correct NPC.

kiryogi

Banned

guyr_zpsefba68d1.png
Eight, what's your player name!

And get ready to waste meseta like no other

kiryogi

Banned
You really need to play the game so you don't make grossly incorrect statements about it. Hunters pretty much out damage every other class in the game at this point (not counting the current Ranger+Hunter silliness that is being patched out, of course). Rangers in this game at times seem to exist merely to weaken the enemy to allow others to do more damage and Forces more or less serve as crowd control.

Huh. Have you seen the damage Lyrise deals...

Kesara was saying Rangers have the best burst damage. What someone else deals in 5 mins, a Ranger/gunner the could deal in 5 Secs

Reknoc

Aw yea finally got out the Tundra, smelly old spamtha get doing that annoying leap attack. Not a massive fan of that boss at all.

Ferr986

Well, I finally was able to fix the hp bug. Did nothing special, just keep spamming check files till one of them fixed it.

I have a question now, Im trying to reset my skill tree (with the ticket I received from Sega) but I cant do it. It says that i cant reset a tree that is set. I changed my classes but no luck :/

Top Bottom