• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

New data-mined info, hot off the presses! Well, it's a day old so more like luke-warm off the presses.
The birdmen don't seem to be darkers but rather a race very similar to the dragon tribe. They have spears, lances, scythes, swords, etc. One miniboss-looking one is a centaur with axes.
The oarfish boss resembles De Rol Le with wings and fins. Apparently it has lots of breakable parts.
New class is now known internally as "sword archer."
"Na-" versions of every elemental technique except Zan are coming. Zan gets Zanverse.

You should be ok, they don't delete inactive accounts.

Thanks. I downloaded the game, and now Im stuck on the part where is checking and downloading files ( it starts doing it for a while and then it gives me a HTTP error, and I have to start again :/ ).

Jockel

I've got the following problem:

When I start the game, the graphics are way too bright and I can't get into the lobby.
It gets stuck at the loading screen.

Any ideas how I can fix this? I'm using the translation launcher.

DJIzana

New data-mined info, hot off the presses! Well, it's a day old so more like luke-warm off the presses.
The birdmen don't seem to be darkers but rather a race very similar to the dragon tribe. They have spears, lances, scythes, swords, etc. One miniboss-looking one is a centaur with axes.
The oarfish boss resembles De Rol Le with wings and fins. Apparently it has lots of breakable parts.
New class is now known internally as "sword archer."
"Na-" versions of every elemental technique except Zan are coming. Zan gets Zanverse.

Thanks for this! :D

I'm still hoping the
jungle zone
will return!

Thanks for this! :D

I'm still hoping the
jungle zone
will return!

Well, we got Forest, [Volcano] Caves, Mines (Underground Complex), and Ruins out of Episode 1. Dragon Altar might count as Temple, and we are getting
Seaside (Shore) and Seabed on the new planet.
So The chances of getting more throwback levels like that is pretty high. Not sure about Spaceship though, since City and the Falz fights take place on Oracle ships anyway. There's gonna be a tower area too, though it works differently from PSO's.

I wonder if we'll get any Phantasy Star Zero or PSO Episode 4 throwback levels? There's already a desert, although its not underground. Crater and Wilds are doable, though the former might require some kind of plot development. The PS0 ones... I can barely remember. Wasteland, Swamp, and... Plant. That's all the names I remember.

Blueblur1

I have a question. Do any of you guys have separate mags for separate classes? Like, if you want to place as a Force or Techer for while do you switch to a Mag with primarily T-ATK and some DEX? I ask because I want to try the other classes but I realized my Mag that's been raised with mostly S-ATK wouldn't be of much help.

kiryogi

Banned
I have a question. Do any of you guys have separate mags for separate classes? Like, if you want to place as a Force or Techer for while do you switch to a Mag with primarily T-ATK and some DEX? I ask because I want to try the other classes but I realized my Mag that's been raised with mostly S-ATK wouldn't be of much help.

I plan to but it is 500ac a pop

I got one for my tech classes. I'd get another one and distribute attack/defense points a little more evenly so I could equip my rare units, but I don't want to shell out more money, and even if I did Mag raising is tedious.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've bought the 2 additional mags right away, lol. Having them all on lv 150 feels good.

Personaj

Neo Member
Got the game working and god damn it's scratching my MMO itch that I've had for a while really well at the moment. Missed good ol' PSO and it's pretty easy to understand with the English patch. Loving this, can't wait for the English release!

I got it to get past the first cinematic screens but Im stuck after that with a black screen! I did applied the English patch, tried updating manually again and still its not working.

You could, it's really not that hard to get webmoney.

I've thought about it, but i just like going the lazy route. I actually might cave soon if I don't hear anything good about the NA version. Is there a guide to doing that webmoney thingy?

EDIT: Nevermind I see the guide in the first post.
EDIT2: That's what you call easy!?!?!?

For some reason both guides say you have to register a WebMoney account, which isn't actually required. All I've been doing is buying prepaid codes, logging into the payment site, and entering the code in directly when asked.

So I was able to actually get it past the initial black screen before the start splash screen, Ive logged in and as soon as I select my character and start to play, it goes again to a black screen, only this time I can hear the bgm and actually press O to bring up the chat screen. No on-screen information, though..... any help?

So I was able to actually get it past the initial black screen before the start splash screen, Ive logged in and as soon as I select my character and start to play, it goes again to a black screen, only this time I can hear the bgm and actually press O to bring up the chat screen. No on-screen information, though..... any help?

I'll start by asking the most rudimentary question. Are your drivers up to date? Also, what kind of system are you running the game on?

kiryogi

Banned
I've thought about it, but i just like going the lazy route. I actually might cave soon if I don't hear anything good about the NA version. Is there a guide to doing that webmoney thingy?

EDIT: Nevermind I see the guide in the first post.
EDIT2: That's what you call easy!?!?!?

I'd say so, realistically it's just initial set up, then once you get it going, you just pay and insert code. Profit. The hardest part about this process is waiting for the webmoney code.

and 33 scratches later for this set I FINALLY GOT A MIKUDAYO

pso20130414_005051_010.jpg

Coxy

Well, I finally was able to fix the hp bug. Did nothing special, just keep spamming check files till one of them fixed it.

I have a question now, Im trying to reset my skill tree (with the ticket I received from Sega) but I cant do it. It says that i cant reset a tree that is set. I changed my classes but no luck :/

are you trying to reset individual trees? the ticket is to reset all trees, you need to select the reset all trees option

Ferr986

are you trying to reset individual trees? the ticket is to reset all trees, you need to select the reset all trees option

Yes thanks! I eventually figured it.

But damn, I screwed 1 SP on my FI tree by mistake lol ...

I'll start by asking the most rudimentary question. Are your drivers up to date? Also, what kind of system are you running the game on?

Drivers are up to date, PC is a Vaio laptop with these specs:

Intel Core i7 Processor 2.2GHz
6GB DDR3 RAM
640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
16.4-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
1920x1080 Full HD Resolution

As I said, Im able to log in and get all the way to the splash screen that appears after you select your character. After that, I get a blue tunnel and then a black screen.

Wonko_C

Drivers are up to date, PC is a Vaio laptop with these specs:

Intel Core i7 Processor 2.2GHz
6GB DDR3 RAM
640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
16.4-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
1920x1080 Full HD Resolution

As I said, Im able to log in and get all the way to the splash screen that appears after you select your character. After that, I get a blue tunnel and then a black screen.

Do a file check and try it without the English patch.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'll be on this today. Level 13, Hit me up, lets party

p.s. how do I get the launcher to be in English?
LUIzJ4D.jpg

The option next to 1 is language. Flick it to the other setting in the scroll down menu for English and then save (bottom left button).

http://i.imgur.com/LUIzJ4D.jpg

The option next to 1 is language. Flick it to the other setting in the scroll down menu for English and then save (bottom left button).

I thought I could get the initial launcher screen in english. I've had it set to English for a while in the settings

kiryogi

Banned
That did the trick. I am a bit leery of implementing the patch because Im afraid it will break the game again.

Yes and no. Maybe the biggest thing here is that the game gets an update every 2 weeks. While the community is patching ASAP, it does mean tho you'd have to go thru the hassle every so often.

Blueblur1

I plan to but it is 500ac a pop

I got one for my tech classes. I'd get another one and distribute attack/defense points a little more evenly so I could equip my rare units, but I don't want to shell out more money, and even if I did Mag raising is tedious.

I've bought the 2 additional mags right away, lol. Having them all on lv 150 feels good.

Thanks for the responses, guys. That's what I figured. Follow-up question: If you have a second character, can you give items to it like Mags? Or are Mags bound to characters?

Also, how do you unlock the third matter board? I completed the first and second and I have no idea how to unlock the third.

kiryogi

Banned
So I was thinking about how we're getting episode 2 this summer... I don't think the English release would be ever close in parity nor would they release it with all the content up to that point. . We're talking about a 1 year gap by this point. Let's be realistic here...

Reknoc

So I was thinking about how we're getting episode 2 this summer... I don't think the English release would be ever close in parity nor would they release it with all the content up to that point. . We're talking about a 1 year gap by this point. Let's be realistic here...

As soon as it was announced I shed a tear for the English version. I had thought maybe the delay was to just straight up skip to episode 2, but that'd skip out so much content.

DJIzana

I'm thinking the same thing and that's why I decided to get the fan translation patch and just roll in with the Japanese version.

I don't regret it one bit. It's by FAR the best game I've played this entire generation. It does everything perfectly. Hopefully they'll still plan to expand the game even beyond Episode 2 as well.

Thanks for the responses, guys. That's what I figured. Follow-up question: If you have a second character, can you give items to it like Mags? Or are Mags bound to characters?

Also, how do you unlock the third matter board? I completed the first and second and I have no idea how to unlock the third.
Mags are bound to characters unfortunately.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Was all pumped to play with friends last night to hit 30, and after 2 hours of patching, I loaded it up to find that there was a missing dll somehow, and I had to reinstall.

So here we are again, after 3 hours of downloading and installing, I'm now patching yet again.

I just want to start playing PSO2 again. *cry*

just hit 18

Are the items under the chair icon for "my Room" that I don't have cause I haven't bought anything?

Then what are the items under the diamond shape after the chair tab?

just hit 18

Are the items under the chair icon for "my Room" that I don't have cause I haven't bought anything?

Then what are the items under the diamond shape after the chair tab?

Yes, the chair icon is for room decorations.

The tab after that is for quest items (for items requested by client/team/daily orders), advance quest capsules and element stones (which you won't have to deal with for a while yet).

kiryogi

Banned
I'm thinking the same thing and that's why I decided to get the fan translation patch and just roll in with the Japanese version.

I don't regret it one bit. It's by FAR the best game I've played this entire generation. It does everything perfectly. Hopefully they'll still plan to expand the game even beyond Episode 2 as well.

Cleared the gold notes and did all the story chapter variations right? If so, just go see soon in the shop area lobby. Currently right behind the easter egg

I'd say so, realistically it's just initial set up, then once you get it going, you just pay and insert code. Profit. The hardest part about this process is waiting for the webmoney code.

and 33 scratches later for this set I FINALLY GOT A MIKUDAYO

:O I want that mag changing thing

I was able to finally play and it's beautiful :') Bring me so many memories back of PSO on the original Xbox! I'm playing on ship10, how do I find you guys? Also, can someone direct me to the English Story patch? I tried the link in the OP and it leads me to a page where it says "Coming 04/15"

My only regret about investing so much time in the Japanese version is that I'll ultimately end up abandoning it when the English version releases (eventually). I'm not really willing to purchase Arks cash when I can't read 95% of the games descriptions. Also there is the notion that the English version will be over a year behind in content when there is absolutely no reason to be. It's not like this game is on the console where patches are restrictive based on console verification. There is no reason why SEGA of Japan cannot send Sega of America/Europe the patch data and have them translate text ahead of time in preparation of a worldwide patch. Playing PSU on 360 I could understand the lack of content compared to the Japanese version. Here on the PC however, there really is no excuse.

kiryogi

Banned
I was able to finally play and it's beautiful :') Bring me so many memories back of PSO on the original Xbox! I'm playing on ship10, how do I find you guys? Also, can someone direct me to the English Story patch? I tried the link in the OP and it leads me to a page where it says "Coming 04/15"

Uh... We're on ship 2

kiryogi

Banned
My ionly regret about investing so much time in the Japanese version is that I'll ultimately end up abandoning it when the English version releases (eventually). I'm not really willing to purchase Arks cash when I can't read 95% of the games descriptions. Also there is the notion that the English version will be over a year behind in content when there is absolutely no reason to be. It's not like this game is on the console where patches are restrictive based on console verification. There is no reason why SEGA of Japan cannot send Sega of America/Europe the patch data and have them translate text ahead of time in preparation of a worldwide patch. Playing PSU on 360 I could understand the lack of content compared to the Japanese version. Here on the PC however, there really is no excuse.

That's pretty wishful thinking. And let's consider their awesome track record with how they've treated the franchise in the west. Realistically, they'd want to have content to release monthly and more than likely considering the pace of the updates in Japan, that's not realistic for Sega to get it out timely for the west. Their first and foremost market for PSOnline is Japan, the sooner folks realize this, the better off they'll be. Waiting and being a PSO fan in the west is like being the battered housewife in an abusive relationship

Blueblur1

Cleared the gold notes and did all the story chapter variations right? If so, just go see soon in the shop area lobby. Currently right behind the easter egg

There's no one there at the moment so I'm sure I'm missing something. By gold notes do you mean the gold story event tablets?

And what do you mean by story chapter variations? Does that mean playing the same story event over and going down a different path in the stage?

Top Bottom