• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds |OT| Brawling ReVITAlized

Avallon

420374_601538009861882_1901535759_n.jpg

PHANTOM BREAKER : BATTLE GROUNDS
-Cocoa's Nightmare Attack-

Genre: Multiplay Actiongame
Platform: PlayStation Vita (PS Store)
On sale: SCEA:Aug. 12, 2014 | SCEE:July. 30, 2014
Price: SCEA:$12 | SCEE: 10.7 EURO
Mode: Single-player, Multiplayer (1Person - 4Person)

Kurisu Pack
kurisu.jpg

On sale: SCEA:Aug. 12, 2014 | SCEE:Aug. 6, 2014

Story
Tokyo, capital of Japan.

The mysterious man called Phantom, his dark forces has been sealed.He is trying to get back his darkness power behind the scenes.

Give armour called F.A (Fu-mantion Artifact) to young girls has supernatural powers, with deal that he grant them wishes, if they win a battle.

Because the hard strikes by F.A in a battle field will twist the space time and makes cracks toward shadowy world.
Eventually this cracks will unsealed Phantom's missing power.

The Kumon family protect the world against Phantom.
Waka is a daughter of Kumon and Mikoto stood up and join Waka to protect from Phantom's plot.
But he escaped and kidnap Waka's younger sister of Nagi.

Itsuki, the maid intend to be a hero.
Yuzuha, is a Ninja who escaped from Phantom's bait.
They also joined Waka and Mikoto.

Now, the four girls started chasing after Phantom to get back Nagi.

Modes
Story Mode - offline with only 1P play mode
The mode which contained the direction by the conversation between characters, chose one character from four as MIKOTO, WAKA, ITSUKI and YUZUHA. First stage is tutorial.

Arcade Mode - offline with only 1P play mode
It is a through play from the 0 Stage and also score attack play, time attack play are possible. Same as Story mode with out conversation, which can concentrate game.

Co-op. Mode - offline with 1P to 4P play mode or online with 2P to 4P combined play mode
It is a cooperation play mode. Maximum of four persons. The stage to start can be chosen if it was to the stage which finished.

Battle Ground Mode - offline and online with 2P to 4P combined play mode
Use trained character from Story mode and Arcade mode, able to participate 4P.Battle royal system.

Locations
Stage 0 - Akihabara Stage (Tutorial)
st01.jpg
st02.jpg
st03.jpg

Stage 1 - University of Music Stage
st11.jpg
st12.jpg
st13.jpg

Stage 2 - Ship shaped Pavilion Stage
st21.jpg
st22.jpg
st23.jpg

Stage 3 - Ikebukuro Stage
st31.jpg
st32.jpg
st33.jpg

Stage 4 - Shinjuku Stage
st41.jpg
st42.jpg
st43.jpg

Stage 5 - Shrine Stage
st51.jpg
st52.jpg
st53.jpg

Stage 6 - Magic Sky Stage
st61.jpg
st62.jpg
st63.jpg

Stage 7 - Escape Stage
st71.jpg
st72.jpg
st73.jpg

Bonsu Stage A
st81.jpg
st82.jpg
st83.jpg

Bonus Stage B
st91.jpg
st92.jpg
st93.jpg

Characters
mikoto.gif

mikoto.jpg

waka.gif

waka.jpg

itsuki.gif

itsuki.jpg

yuzuha.gif

yuzuha.jpg

kurisu.gif

kurisu.jpg

m.gif

m.jpg

cocoa.gif

cocoa.jpg

infinity.gif

infinity.jpg

nagi.gif

nagi.jpg

Trailers

Mantiskilla

Neo Member
was flip flopping on getting this or not since ive already own it on 360, but what the heck it a fun game.

PSN - Mantiskilla

Quixzlizx

I'm really confused about all of the different Phantom Breaker games. So this is the definitive version of the beat 'em up, or just a port of the console version, or what?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm really confused about all of the different Phantom Breaker games. So this is the definitive version of the beat 'em up, or just a port of the console version, or what?
It's basically a port of the beat-'em-up that was on XBLA. We still haven't gotten the original fighting game this is based on, which is Phantom Breaker & its upgrade/sequel, PB Extra.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, I guess this will be the new home of {PBBG}, fair thee well, my old Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds XBLA OT!

Ugh. So much stuff coming out soon, I think I actually have to miss release day on this now. DOH! Now I wonder how soon the rest of the new DLC prompted by this additional releases will take to materialize...

Anywho, fellow Vitabros and babes, ENJOY! I had quite a lot of fun with this game... and I look forward to having such again on Vita at some point.

bobawesome

What in the world...I can't get past the title screen.

"New data will be created. Is this okay?
>Yes No

The game will continue without saving. Is this okay?

Yes >No"

Repeat ad infinitum. Regardless of what I pick I can't get past this.

Avallon

What in the world...I can't get past the title screen.

"New data will be created. Is this okay?
>Yes No

The game will continue without saving. Is this okay?

Yes >No"

Repeat ad infinitum. Regardless of what I pick I can't get past this.

Circle button, not X -- Japanese game

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Did 5pb. actually confirm this? It's still €15 on the EU store.
Well we should've gotten the DLC last week according to them but it's not there, so I guess they messed up some things in Europe also. Maybe we'll hear something tomorrow since the store is updated then.
It looks like cheap and flashy fun but I'm not buying until the price has been corrected in Europe.

test_account

XP-39C²
Ahhh...
I wish I had thought to do this before redownloading the entire game. Thanks. I can't believe I didn't think to hit circle. I'm just so used to using X to confirm.
Hehe, i did the exact same thing. Thought the game was buggy, so i deleted it and i'm downloading it again right now.

This game is fucking amazing. To think I hadn't heard of it until seeing this thread. Came for the Kurisu, stayed for the awesome battle mechanics.

I just wish there were launchers/aerial combos. Well, maybe other characters have them. I've only played as Kurisu.

For any other new players like me, ABSOLUTELY READ THE HOW TO PLAY SECTION in-game.

There are so many game mechanics I was missing out on just going in blind.

Top Bottom