• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Dust demo impressions

shuri

Banned
No system link, so you wont be able to play online with your bootleg over xbconnect or whatever :lol

That game just looks really good. And I cant believe that they wont bring that game over here.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ambience said:
Can anyone tell me if this supports system link or is it only xbox live?
Yes there IS system link, but you won't be able to exchange skills or such in system link, so you'll miss quite a bit of stuff.

Ambience

Banned
Ok, thanks, but I dont really know how that hinders the gameplay, as I've yet to play it. Although, I must say, I really hate when system link is not implemented (or altered) on games that are Live enabled. Microsoft need to understand that not everyone lives in densely populated countries or cities where everyone has broadband on tap.

I'm sure Halo2 will fall under the same rule, ie co-op will only work on Live, not system link or something equally retarded.

I got a chance toplay this game today at a friends house, and my import copy is now on order! This game is fantastic, something totally fresh and new! I love the combat system. I like how it incorporates alot of elements to keep the game pace moving. This game brings a lot of things to mind but has to e played to be experienced. I'm trying to get my local friends with modded XBoxes to get a copy so we can play system-link. UI bet this game is fun as heck on XBL.

Man, if this game is not released stateside, then we are truly missing out. Once you get through the tutorials and grasp the concepts of combat the game is blast to play! I can only prey that some other 3rd party publisher has an eye out on this game (i.e. Sega, Sammy Atlus, Ubi Soft, Mastiff, heck even Working Designs...I'm desperate).

novery

Apharmd Battler said:
Once you get through the tutorials and grasp the concepts of combat the game is blast to play!

This is key to enjoying the game. Phantom Dust isn't for everyone, that's for sure. It's very complex, but like you said, if you invest time into learning the mechanics damn is this a good game.

-rp

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
the way the AI works in single-player, i'd say that all of phantom dust (offline) is a tutorial. the real battle is on xbox live. which i, unfortunately, cannot play.

Top Bottom