• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PhillyGAF |OT|

gcubed

I'll use that shit as a decoy

When all hell breaks loose and people are rioting in the streets, I'll have my collection of scrapple sizzling over a barrel fire being fat and happy. You can have your weak bread!!

I am going to Kensington Quarters tonight. Anyone been there? I've heard good things.

Never been but heard good things as well.

The fact that someone is going to Kensington at night for good food still is weird to me

SEPTA is shutting it all down. All of it. Except, of course, for people who win and live next to the BSL or the El. Those two lines will run. I am free to move about the city and continue winning.

Never been but heard good things as well.

The fact that someone is going to Kensington at night for good food still is weird to me

You really have been gone too long. Parts of Kensington almost don't feel like a shithole anymore.

gcubed

This will be my first snowfall living in Manayunk. It's going to be a shitshow, I can feel it.

Hope you don't have to drive for a week

I don't have a sled, although I guess I could just bring my plastic garbage can lid.

Same difference!

Nice area, I have a few friends over there. I'll miss living in the city when I get back but with a kid now, didn't want to deal with the shitshow of schools or the cost of private school

Hope you don't have to drive for a week

Same difference!

Nice area, I have a few friends over there. I'll miss living in the city when I get back but with a kid now, didn't want to deal with the shitshow of schools or the cost of private school

When I have kids I am just banking on my kid getting into Masterman. Either that or I'll move to the Meredith catchment, or one of the other halfway decent catchments.

Did everyone go out and get their honorary bread and milk for the storm? :p

Edit: Looks like some have got a head start haha.

And my comment on scrapple: never tried it, don't plan to.

I talk about scrapple all the time with my wife. She wouldnt try it when we lived in Philly. Sucks that I cant get it anymore since I no longer live in a real city.

Rainy

Banned
Hey my first snowstorm since I came from California last August.

Luckily just went to the Rite-Aid across the street to get milk for me and my roommate :)

Miker

I'm in Philly for an interview (loved my time here!) and my flight leaves at 4:15pm today. Hoping to narrowly escape the snowy wrath of God.

I'm in Philly for an interview (loved my time here!) and my flight leaves at 4:15pm today. Hoping to narrowly escape the snowy wrath of God.

Philly is cool as shit, but people only realize it once they visit, otherwise they just listen to all the dumb shit they hear on TV. It's almost like a well kept secret how awesome the city is. Glad you enjoyed your time here.

StevieWhite

Quick poll: how many folks in this thread were in Philly for the 96 or 93 blizzards? I remember them being far worse than anything in recent years, and being far less forewarned about them.

Quick poll: how many folks in this thread were in Philly for the 96 or 93 blizzards? I remember them being far worse than anything in recent years, and being far less forewarned about them.

I lived out in Berks county. Actually, I lived about 15 minutes to the closest tiny town, and a half hour from Reading. I grew up on a 110 acre farm house that my grandparents had bought in the 1960s or something like that. Those blizzards were the best. I had no school for well over a week. I remember the snow being practically up to my head. We essentially had a massive area of snowy forest and field to make our dominion. It was the greatest.

StevieWhite

I lived out in Berks county. Actually, I lived about 15 minutes to the closest tiny town, and a half hour from Reading. I grew up on a 110 acre farm house that my grandparents had bought in the 1960s or something like that. Those blizzards were the best. I had no school for well over a week. I remember the snow being practically up to my head. We essentially had a massive area of snowy forest and field to make our dominion. It was the greatest.

I was in a more rural part of Delco, and I remember the same thing. A solid week of sledding and Super Nintendo.

fLVnhs8.jpg

This is awesome on so many levels. I hope it's real.

Philly is cool as shit, but people only realize it once they visit, otherwise they just listen to all the dumb shit they hear on TV. It's almost like a well kept secret how awesome the city is. Glad you enjoyed your time here.

Yeah I have lived in so many different places and Philly is by far the best city I have ever been in.

esms

Lived in the burbs of Boston at the time of the 96 blizzard. Got caught in the worst of it coming back from a southern CT grandparent visit.

Top 5 most memorable car rides of all time. Definite hall of fame status.

Stay warm PhillyGAF. About to hit Penn gym, get a workout it, go home and hibernate.

Don't know if this storm is the real deal or hyped up but I could use a wknd to just relax, read, and play games.

StevieWhite

Yeah, but in CC that isn't an issue really. The streets in the Center City District are swept daily.

True enough, but there is a lot more to this city than CC. I live just off of Fairmount (Uber) and the street just turns into a trash heap from time to time. I've heard lots of visitors comment on the litter.

Center City getting all the love is why that whackadoo from the NE tried to secede all those years back.

Top Bottom