• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PhillyGAF |OT|

Admodieus

My block is no where near passable for cars. I can get out because I'm on the corner but most people are waiting for the snow to melt to use their cars lol.

It's gonna stink when people put out their garbage tonight and leave it out until it gets collected next week. Wish my neighbors gave a damn about that kind of gross shit.

I used to care about this but in the winter I don't care anymore. It doesn't smell like the summer, when it just bakes in the sun. I have Friday morning pickup and we always get bumped a full week for the smallest issue - snow, a marathon, the pope, whatever. There's never any attempt to pick it up on Monday and push all of the following week's trash back a single day.

andthebeatgoeson

You are aware that this is a very popular option for cheesesteaks, and has been for God knows how many years, right?
And it's still terrible. For many life longs, it's not acceptable.

Neither is lettuce, ya clowns.

Worst part of Pat's and Geno's legacy. Besides the whole racist ass hattery.

StevieWhite

And it's still terrible. For many life longs, it's not acceptable.

Neither is lettuce, ya clowns.

Worst part of Pat's and Geno's legacy. Besides the whole racist ass hattery.

I have never had lettuce even presented as an option inside of sate lines. Other cities seem to think we love it that way.

Whiz is great. As I guess it just boils down to a matter of taste, I'll just leave it at that.

I like to make my own steaks. There is a small grocer not too far from my place which sells the meat and bread on Thursdays. The place is always packed.

Cheese Wiz is never meant to be put on actual food...only crackers...in the privacy of ones own home where no one else can see your shame.

Genos and Pats - worst cheesesteaks ever yet the city send all the tourists their way.

That cheese wiz garbage is an abomination to a REAL Philly cheesesteak y'all.

Pepiope

Really? You have never had a pizza steak before, man that blows my mind. You have a new objective for today, drop everything and get your self a pizza steak.
Ate a cheesesteak today, but I'll try to get around to it.
My favorite food thing in the world was the buffalo chicken sandwich that the Chicken Heaven truck on Temples campus offered. Man I miss that thing so much.
I'll try this out too.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Genos and Pats - worst cheesesteaks ever yet the system send all the tourists their way.

That cheese wiz garbage is an abomination to a REAL Philly cheesesteak y'all.

Let the tourists go there, that way you can get a better steak at the other places much faster. ;)

StevieWhite

Occasionally there's a secretly awesome ribeye cheesesteak at St. Stephen's Green (17th and Green). Eat that and then order the Irish grilled cheese.

Just moved to Conshohocken (Conshy?) from Atlanta. There a list of best restaurants in my area and Philly to try?

In terms of places in conshohocken, El Limon has good inexpensive mexican food and they give you a ton of food. Right on Fayette street.

Baggataways bar has my favorite wings in the area, as well as a good tap list.

There are some good places in Manayunk, which is close, and then of course a ton of places in Philadelphia

Just moved to Conshohocken (Conshy?) from Atlanta. There a list of best restaurants in my area and Philly to try?

I don't know much about Conshohocken. If you want a quick and easy list Philadelphia Magazine does a top 50 every year.

Here is the list from this past December: 50 Best Restaurants in Philly

If you have a particular cuisine you prefer I can guide you down to something more specific. Welcome to a massive upgrade in the quality of food and restaurants over what you're used to in Atlanta.

Edit: Shit, Stevie beat me to this like a red headed step child.

StevieWhite

Walrus, we all defer to your sophisticated and educated palette.

A Mano was great, BTW. My wife did a double take when I told her someone named AbortedWalrusFetus recommended it.

If you are in Conshy then you are super close to Angelo's Pizza in King of Prussia, more of a pizza joint then a resturant, but man! It's some damn good pizza. I'm a regular there I just can't get enough of the stuff. Decent steaks as well but the pizza is my favorite in the area.

Walrus, we all defer to your sophisticated and educated palette.

A Mano was great, BTW. My wife did a double take when I told her someone named AbortedWalrusFetus recommended it.

Nice. I'm actually trying to go back tonight. What'd you guys order?

We had the antipasti plate, roasted cauliflower, the squid ink alla chitarra, and the braised pork shank. It was great.

Did you hear Bar Hygge is supposed to open Feb 3?

Top Bottom