• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phineas and Ferb |OT| Hey, GAF, I know what we're going to watch today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaborn

Willy105 said:
I like how it doesn't even look like Flash animation. If someone told me it was traditional, I would have believed them.

At first, I thought it was weird how Phineas's head was a Dorito, but the animation was excellent.

It's worth noting the creators have said the reason for that art style is it's a homage to Tex Avery. Essentially the wanted geometric shapes which would also make it easy for kids to draw them if they wanted.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have to wonder if this is just me reading to much into it, or really is supposed to be a Gurren Lagann Reference.
Phineas: Which means you believe in us.
Ferb: And we believe in you.
Phineas: And therefore, through the transitive property of belief, you do believe in yourself!

(From Season 2, Episode 30, "Summer belongs to you)

ronito

GamerSoul said:
My girlfriend loves the show. I was oh shit, when I found out that Phineas, Dorito Head, was voiced by Greg, Chris's best friend, from Everybody hates Chris. He's so in there.
Not only that, he also voices Hope in FFXIII, but we wont hold it against him.

pirata

Drkirby said:
I have to wonder if this is just me reading to much into it, or really is supposed to be a Gurren Lagann Reference.

(From Season 2, Episode 30, "Summer belongs to you)

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that episode.

<----- Best cartoon villian ever.

BTW can someone make the white parts of my avatar transparent? I seem to lack the proper software :(

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Chef Cat said:
wtf! where do you live? i'll try to find alternative videos of them. :3

Included titles so you could look them up if those don't work. :3
worked thanks. i live in canada. the internet doesn't like canada.

TheExecutive said:
<----- Best cartoon villian ever.

BTW can someone make the white parts of my avatar transparent? I seem to lack the proper software :(
i can't but people in the avatar request thread can. and they're really nice.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
TheExecutive said:
What, you can't just create a transparentinator?

WillyFive

TheExecutive said:

547025-1.png

Wow, was just watching Swiss Family Phineas. Where they're stuck on an island. Candace is annoyed that her brothers built a luxurious shelter instead of a way off the island. She lists a bunch of ideas and then says "What about a giant slingshot to launch us toward the mainland?" and Phineas says "Hey that's a great idea. I'm going to write that down and use that in the future"

Fast forward to Summer Belongs to You.

Mind. Blown.

Also I can't believe I never noticed it before but in Picture This

Doof: "Who's that tap, tap, tapping? Is it that pesky raven again?"

Nice....

Well this sure died off quickly :/ As much of an MLP fan I am, it sure baffles me as to how THAT can be so popular, while Phineas and Ferb is practically non-existant on the interwebs.

Not sure if it's still going on, but I picked up the Wal-mart exclusive version of the Across the Second Dimension OST (it has extra tracks) discounted to 10 bucks.

Did anyone catch the Halloween-related episodes? Getting Anna Paquin and Michael J Fox for a Twilight parody was just brilliant! Also, Were-cows. Escape from Phineas Tower was great too for the humorous movie homages and George Takei who sounded like he had a lot of fun.

Also bumping this up for news of an actual Theatrical P+F movie, due in 2013. It seems they're getting Michael Ardnt (the main writer of Toy Story 3 fame) to write it. Also confirmed to be a mixture of Live action and animation. I want to say "ruh-roh" to that live action part but with Marsh and Povenmire in full control, I'm going to put my faith in them and see what happens. For all we know it could be some little thing like the Ashley Tisdale / Live action Candace cameo from Lights, Candace, Action!". Or I'm imagining something the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie (which I actually enjoyed personally)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mov...e-release-date-michael-arndt-july-disney.html

I actually watch this show at random times, but I really like it a lot. One day I'll watch it proper, but I do enjoy the random episode here and there.

I do have this shirt in honor of it however:
e8fc3f56.jpg

WillyFive

Choppasmith said:
Also bumping this up for news of an actual Theatrical P+F movie, due in 2013.

The theatrical movie always come before the death of an animated show, only with very few exceptions.

I don't know about the live action stuff, but I want to see a traditionally animated film again in theaters.

Willy105 said:
The theatrical movie always come before the death of an animated show, only with very few exceptions.

Eh, it's had a really good run. While I hate to see the show end, I think I'd hate it more if they dragged it out and the show became stagnate like the Simpsons. But we have a 4th Season and a spinoff confirmed to be on the way.

pirata

Thanks for the news about the movie, I'll add it to the OP.

Yeah, you would think that there would be more people posting about the show here on GAF, especially since I know that there are quite a few fans of the show on GAF. I would post my episode reactions here and stuff, but I don't have TV here, so I have to wait a few weeks until they post new episodes to Newflix before I can watch them.

If y'all want there to be an actual live P&F community here on GAF, I suggest people start discussing new episodes when they air. If the thread is on the front page enough, people who haven't seen the show before may start watching to see what all the fuss is about.

Oh, and did anyone else catch the subtle little Rocky Horror joke in a recent episode? I love how the writers aren't afraid of putting things in the show that will fly right over most kids' heads.

Gaborn

pirata said:
Thanks for the news about the movie, I'll add it to the OP.

Yeah, you would think that there would be more people posting about the show here on GAF, especially since I know that there are quite a few fans of the show on GAF. I would post my episode reactions here and stuff, but I don't have TV here, so I have to wait a few weeks until they post new episodes to Newflix before I can watch them.

If y'all want there to be an actual live P&F community here on GAF, I suggest people start discussing new episodes when they air. If the thread is on the front page enough, people who haven't seen the show before may start watching to see what all the fuss is about.

Oh, and did anyone else catch the subtle little Rocky Horror joke in a recent episode? I love how the writers aren't afraid of putting things in the show that will fly right over most kids' heads.

No, no they...

Aren't.

It's a very good show, and I love to watch it whenever its on. Also I have the series on Netflix but I don't immediately watch a new episode when its out.

And I loved the episode with Steve and the Steve convention for obvious reasons.

pirata

Has anyone else been watching the last couple of episodes? I think they've been pretty brilliant, especially "Tri-Stone Area."

Kangi

This past day (March 3rd) has been Platypus Day. I am disappointed in you if you have not celebrated this monotreme-themed holiday.

For those who don't know, a new hour-long special called "World Without a Platypus" will air in the summer and serve as the first proper season finale the show has had. Considering how great the last special (Summer Belongs to You) was, I'm already getting excited.

Has anyone else been watching the last couple of episodes? I think they've been pretty brilliant, especially "Tri-Stone Area."

All four time shift episodes were great. So much so, that when the show went back to its normal routine, it was just kinda ho-hum.

And then they made the "Memento" episode and it was AMAZING again!

pirata

Wait, a "Memento" show? I guess I'm kind of behind, since I've been watching them as they've become available on Netflix. How many new episodes have there been after Monster of ID/Giants?

Kangi

Wait, a "Memento" show? I guess I'm kind of behind, since I've been watching them as they've become available on Netflix. How many new episodes have there been after Monster of ID/Giants?

Remains of the Platypus, which is the "Memento" parody episode (playing the events of the day out of order); Mom's in the House, where they built a giant, mechanical Perry; and Perry the Actorpus, where Perry becomes a spokesanimal for a tool company. The last one aired just last night.

If Netflix is slow, you may have to brave the dangers of Disney Channel to watch the episodes faster. Good luck.

Perry the Actorpus, where Perry becomes a spokesanimal for a tool company. The last one aired just last night.

If Netflix is slow, you may have to brave the dangers of Disney Channel to watch the episodes faster. Good luck.

Watched it earlier. The Snail agent was awesome. But damn there's something hilarious about George Takei as a machine going "Who's a good girl? Who's a good girl"

Sadsic

So what do people think of Season 3 so far? We're a few episodes into it, Does it seem as good as Season 2 so far?

I'm curious what the general opinion is.

FillerB

So what do people think of Season 3 so far? We're a few episodes into it, Does it seem as good as Season 2 so far?

We're a bit more than just "a few" episodes into it (assuming we're talking about the seasons as listed on wikipedia and thetvdb). But it's my favourite season. "Moon Farm", "Road Trip" and "Phineas and Ferb and the Temple of Juatchadoon" are in my opinion some of the best episode yet.

Kangi

Yeah, we're very far into season three; it's ending this summer. I wasn't sure at first if I liked it more than season two, but I can now say that I do. Amazing to see a show that just keeps going up in quality. It has a lot more entertaining celebrity guest stars, and the humor has become even more self-parodic, if that was possible. The "random background singer of the day" songs have even gotten better, as well. From the latest episode, we have this gem.
Watched it earlier. The Snail agent was awesome. But damn there's something hilarious about George Takei as a machine going "Who's a good girl? Who's a good girl"
Agreed. I liked how the boys actually got to spend some time with Perry. Makes up a bit for
the heart crushingness that was the movie and its resolution

Sadsic

We're a bit more than just "a few" episodes into it (assuming we're talking about the seasons as listed on wikipedia and thetvdb). But it's my favourite season. "Moon Farm", "Road Trip" and "Phineas and Ferb and the Temple of Juatchadoon" are in my opinion some of the best episode yet.

Yeah, we're very far into season three; it's ending this summer.

I wasn't being literal >_>

I watch the hell out of this show, I know we're a good 30-something episodes into the season.

Kangi

Figured I'd throw a post in here every time a new episode airs in order to potentially spark some discussion. I know this is that one show that everyone watches and no one talks about, but dang, this thread is depressing.

"Let's Bounce" and "Bully Bromance Break Up" aired last night. The former being another Candace-centric episode in which she deals with an invention ruining things for her, in the same vein as "Run, Candace, Run". The latter being a Baljeet/Buford-centric episode, in which they split ways and deal with the seperation in their own way. It's also the far funnier episode, in my opinion. As an example, Phineas (and Ferb, to a lesser extent) begin to spaz out as they are requested to not build anything while they, Isabella, and Baljeet climb a mountain. Though a Phineas breakdown is usually a dramatic thing saved for the specials, this one being in a humorous light really worked out ("ICE CHALET!!!").

The next episode will air on the 30th; it will involve Doofenshmirtz becoming handsome through an -inator, and the Flynn-Fletchers visiting Druelselstein. Also, the long-awaited "Meapless in Seattle" thirty-minute episode will be airing on the 6th of April.

alterno69

Banned
Having a 5 year old i'm exposed to many nickelodeon and disney channel shows, this is a great show, i also like Kick Buttowski which is an awesome cartoon.

Pair of kings is also a gulty pleasure of mine lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom