• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice |OT| Khura'in, not Kurain

Drago

For everyone that have finished the game already:

Am I the only one who thinks this game shouldn't have Phoenix's name in the title at all? It's really all about Apollo and his character development that got shelved in AA5. I hate how Capcom USA have to pander to his popularity, it's really unfair, AA shouldn't just be about Phoenix when it's not his time to shine anymore
Yes it should have been. And it's Phoenix's game in Japan too, I wouldn't blame Capcom USA for that.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
For everyone that have finished the game already:

Am I the only one who thinks this game shouldn't have Phoenix's name in the title at all? It's really all about Apollo and his character development that got shelved in AA5. I hate how Capcom USA have to pander to his popularity, it's really unfair, AA shouldn't just be about Phoenix when it's not his time to shine anymore

oh shit you're right, totally forgot about the logo. That makes it even worse

I see what you're saying and mostly agree with you. It kind of feels like a Phoenix game at first because he does lead Cases 1 and 3, but it absolutely becomes Apollo's game by the end and all of the emotional payoff is tied to Apollo. However, it is Phoenix that narrates the conclusion and gives the game's closing message about having a successor. Also, in some ways, this game is about the reintroduction of Maya, who goes hand-in-hand with Phoenix. Regardless, at most I'd say the game is 1/2 Phoenix but more likely 1/3 and agree with you.

ZeroX03

Banned
I just realized this is the first game in the series without a teenage girl on the box art.

Although between Trucy, Rayfa and Athena there's no shortage in the game. At least Ema acts mostly like an adult.

Jamix012

Case 5

...I think I glitched out the game and can no longer proceed.

I was examining an object
The box with the orb on day 1
and saved after examining the one part of it. I saved and quit then reloaded.

Now I can only examine that same part of it again, I tried for like 20 minutes to examine any other part of it and even ended up resorting to a guide, but the only place i can click is the part I already clicked and it won't let me back out. Sigh I have to start the chapter again I guess =/

I feel dumb because I'm kinda stuck with the case 3 seance
I pointed out the lantern not having the wind guard on, but now I can't find the next thing I'm supposed to see at all
A little help would be appreciated

Kneefoil

Case 5

...I think I glitched out the game and can no longer proceed.

I was examining an object
The box with the orb on day 1
and saved after examining the one part of it. I saved and quit then reloaded.

Now I can only examine that same part of it again, I tried for like 20 minutes to examine any other part of it and even ended up resorting to a guide, but the only place i can click is the part I already clicked and it won't let me back out. Sigh I have to start the chapter again I guess =/
This is in the
cave segment, right?

Which part of the box are you able to examine? I think that you should be able to examine the sides of the box, as well as the button with the green jewel on it on top of the box. You need to examine both to proceed. If you are not able to examine either of them, then yeah, you're probably glitched.

I feel dumb because I'm kinda stuck with the case 3 seance
I pointed out the lantern not having the wind guard on, but now I can't find the next thing I'm supposed to see at all
A little help would be appreciated

It's been a while since I played this, but I think the next step is to point out
the broken lantern next to Maya. Don't remember which part of the Insight you had to pick.

It's been a while since I played this, but I think the next step is to point out
the broken lantern next to Maya. Don't remember which part of the Insight you had to pick.

Of course, I feel so dumb now, I even thought about that when I pointed out the previous contradiction, but I totally forgot about it afterwards.

I just bought that first DLC minicase, but wasn't there supposed to be a free theme included with that? Can't find it anywhere. I'm in Europe btw.

Finally beat the game last night. I liked it a lot.

Guessed some of the twists in Case 5, except for the Dhurke being dead kind of thing. As for Ga'ran's transformation, I mean, was there a way she wasn't going to be the big bad?

The investigation phases were better than in DD, but the pre-3DS entries are still better in that regard. Game still handheld you a bunch by pointing out what you needed to show at certain points before you actually picking it.

Thought Route still one of the best additions to the series

Overall, probably top 3 AA that I've played. I haven't played AAI2 or DGS

McNum

What the fucking fuck? Case 5 spoilers
I can't pass the investigation part of the cylinder object in the caves. All I can do is examine the middle side and absolutely nothing else.

Is the game bugged? My other save file is at the start of the case.
One of the sides has a marker near the top. Also, there's a big button on top of it. One of those should turn it into a minigame of solving the lock.

What the fucking fuck? Case 5 spoilers
I can't pass the investigation part of the cylinder object in the caves. All I can do is examine the middle side and absolutely nothing else.

Is the game bugged? My other save file is at the start of the case.

The button on top?

SamuraiGarrin

Neo Member
I found a fun thing you can try in the Asinine Attorney DLC case.
When you're asked to identify who the pictured girl is from the scroll, keep choosing one of the wrong answers (identical twin/long-lost sister) until you fail the case.

I was pretty tickled at the outcome.

TWILT

Banned
Case 4 finished. It was alright. I thought it was fun for a filler case and I like that there was no investigations this time. And it was super nice to see
one of my favorite prosecutors, Blackquill, again.

Will start case 5 probably tonight. Heard a lot of crazy things about it lol.

GSR

=(
All right, thanks.
I have to say,
in a game called Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirits of Justice, I wouldn't have minded playing more as Phoenix. Didn't get a case where I could investigate with Maya alongside Phoenix.

Wait for the full DLC case in two weeks and you'll get what you want.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Current mood: sad that I beat this game and have no more of it to play.

Vamphuntr

Finally beat the last case. The last case was entertaining with all the twists but overall I didn't enjoy the game much. They once again failed to link all the case together as nicely as they did in GK2. Still way too much melodrama, Apollo and Phoenix shouldn't be completely destroyed every single time their arguments are rebutted, it made trials really tiresome from me. I would put the game on the same level as DD for me. Wonder what the ending means for the future of the franchise though.

Jeffrey

I wonder if someone kept stats anywhere.

Really does feel like Phoenix is shocked or sweating way more in this game than previous titles.

Groof

Damn that last case took me for a ride, good stuff

Good game overall, a bit disjointed at times but the Khura'in stuff was p cool.

Need more though, any dates set for all the dlc?

Tizoc

Finally beat the last case. The last case was entertaining with all the twists but overall I didn't enjoy the game much. They once again failed to link all the case together as nicely as they did in GK2.
Are you sure about that?
Case 1 set up the Khurain Scene
Case 2 gave us the twins although you could say it didn't play a major role before
Case 3 shows that when a deceased is channeled by a Medium their entire body changes which comes into play with Dhurke in the final case.
Case 4 does feel like filler and I feel the game would've been better without it or even as a DLC. I will however give it credit for Uendo having a fantastic animation.
Still way too much melodrama, Apollo and Phoenix shouldn't be completely destroyed every single time their arguments are rebutted, it made trials really tiresome from me. I would put the game on the same level as DD for me. Wonder what the ending means for the future of the franchise though.

Yeah I agree about the bolded. They need to include or utlize an animation where they're taken aback but not totally freaked out looking in such cases.

Jeffrey

You're the skateboarding fourth-generation heir to a noodle shop who drinks when stressed? :p

more of his animations lol.

it relates to my soul~

Something I wish they'd address eventually, now that 3 main characters is a thing, they really should bring more prosecutors per game besides payne + main dude + maybe quick cameo.

Or better yet, add some gimmicks tied to each prosecutor. because outside of personality differences and animations, they all basically have the same game plan.

like when Nahyuta does his seal thingy, it would be neat if it blocked you from 'presenting' stuff until you do a psyche lock type of puzzle or something.

Just something to mix it up a bit idk.

LiK

Case 5: oh wow, did they improve
Pearl's design even more than AA5. She looks even cuter
or maybe I'm misremembering. :p

Whoa,
she's 18 now?amazing how even a game can make one feel old....

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Was Nahyuta's fake language the same in Japanese? It sounds like his American VA recorded it, but I can't tell for sure.

LiK

Case 5: holy shit,
the animation of Dhurke going from nice guy to being pissed off
was super badass and subtle. Props to the animators.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
This is probably dumb, but I'll ask anyways. I finished case 1.

Why did that secret way to open the box matter? What did that prove?

This is probably dumb, but I'll ask anyways. I finished case 1.

Why did that secret way to open the box matter? What did that prove?

The
key not opening the normal lock
was the argument being used to say that
the lock was broken open, when in fact, the box was never opened in the first place.
E:
The secret way to open the box shows that there was a way to open it without breaking the lock, and that the lock was never busted in the first place

Edited for clarity

Fantastical

Death Prophet
The
key not opening the normal lock
was the argument being used to say that
the lock was broken open, when in fact, the box was never opened in the first place.
E:
The secret way to open the box shows that there was a way to open it without breaking the lock, and that the lock was never busted in the first place

Edited for clarity

Damn, I must have been distracted at that end of this case. I need this case explained again. :)

Who opened the box?

Damn, I must have been distracted at that end of this case. I need this case explained again. :)

Who opened the box?

Metal Jesus did. He opened the box to make it look like theft was the motive for murder and to make an excuse for why the treasure went missing under his watch. Since there was a complete bloody handprint on the jar when closed, that means the victim was killed when the jar was closed. Since the jar was open after the murder and moved to the treasure room, all evidence points to someone who could open the jar as responsible for the murder.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Metal Jesus did. He opened the box to make it look like theft was the motive for murder and to make an excuse for why the treasure went missing under his watch. Since there was a complete bloody handprint on the jar when closed, that means the victim was killed when the jar was closed. Since the jar was open after the murder and moved to the treasure room, all evidence points to someone who could open the jar as responsible for the murder.

Okay... thank you. That makes sense. I was missing
the part about the handprint meaning the jar was closed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like filler cases. If everything is informing some grand mastermind of a plot it feels like it's all way too big of a coincidence where it's all connected. For my liking there needs to be some well done justification for everything coming together - which AA5 lacked in places - whereas it's very easy for me to accept one off cases because that seems a lot more incidental to lawyer life. That the original trilogy's arc takes place over three games really helps.

And even Case 2 informs Trucy and Troupe Gramarye so it's certainly adding to the established world.

I think its just the pacing that feels off, with having a disconnected case be the second to last. It think if it was reordered Case 1, 4, 2, 3, 5, everything would flow nicer. Maybe even have Case 4 take place before or during the events of Case 1.

I also feel Sahdmadhi should have made use of the Divination Séance's.

Jeffrey

i want to murder the stupid butterfly...

Question about bucky, what is going on in his 'blue face' animation? Did he choke on something, or is he about to barf?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I think its just the pacing that feels off, with having a disconnected case be the second to last. It think if it was reordered Case 1, 4, 2, 3, 5, everything would flow nicer. Maybe even have Case 4 take place before or during the events of Case 1.

I also feel Sahdmadhi should have made use of the Divination Séance's.

Your suggestions for the case order are the exact conclusion I came to as well. I wonder why they placed 4 where they did.

Top Bottom