• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

Pro

5yqZYLN.jpg

Melchiah

YQOFUfP.jpg

jrJfgXg.jpg

Is this the most terrifying sea creature ever caught? Mystery species with fearsome tusk-like spikes and spines along its body is found off Borneo

• Foot-long creature has baffled authorities who are scrabbling to identify it
  • It has a large head and a spiny body that gets smaller towards the tail
  • Was pulled from the South China Sea by an angler near Tudan in Malaysia
A mystery fish with terrifying tusk-like spikes near its mouth and spines along its body has been caught off the coast of Borneo.
The discovery has baffled fisherman in the area and the authorities are also scrabbling to identify the foot-long species.
Locals have temporarily named it the Armour Fish, courtesy of its sharp spines on the top and bottom of its body, which gets progressively smaller towards the tail.

Could someone tell me who's the artist that drawn this cover art for old amiga fighter Shadow Fighter?

Google fu fails me. :(

Can't be sure, but the style reminds me of Greg Staples' artwork for 2000AD and the PSX game Loaded.

PixelPeZ

Scott-Rinckenberger-Meteor-marked.jpg

I’ve been shooting photos for 20 years. I’ve made my living in the profession for the last 15. I can count on one hand the number of times that everything lined up perfectly and a truly rare image was created. Now, I don’t want to toot my own horn about this shot, but the fact that, during a 30 second exposure, after a 10 second timer (during which I hopped down from the roof of my truck where the camera was on a tripod, and joined the scene by the fire), a meteor(or so they tell us) would enter the sky EXACTLY in the corner of the frame and explode in the very part of the frame that needed balance, just as I had finally worked out the correct exposure and lighting to match the foreground with the night sky, is beyond rare. It’s a non-chance. There is no way to plan for something like this. No way to even hope for it.

http://blog.scottrinck.com/conceptual/odds/

Melchiah

tKTJJCR.jpg

Abandoned Russian village, by Janne Flinck.

wUkv6Uf.jpg

Abandoned church in autumn, by Cain Pascoe.

qsZPpBy.jpg

Chernobyl reactor 4 control room, Ukraine.

Melchiah

Very cool. Some of them almost look like they had been crocheted. Like this one.

IrH0HRJl.jpg

EDIT:
tdmhylC.jpg

This is the THE THEREMIN ELECTRO-ENSEMBLE later called THE ELECTRIO circa 1932. The thereminist on the left is Leon Theremin's assistant, Julius Goldberg, playing his RCA theremin with the customized "lightning bolt" art deco, brass nickel chrome antennas. The musician seated in the center of the photo playing the "theremin cello" is the late Leonid Bolotine with whom I studied in New York City in the mid 1960's. Pianist Gleb Yellin is on the right playing a theremin keyboard. In 1932, the ensemble could be heard on the radio every Monday afternoon at 2:15 over the Columbia Network, KMBC. The picture was taken in the broadcast studio and is from the collection of thereminist David McCornack.

Top Bottom