• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

WpEwXxf.jpg
/

derdriu

This happened yesterday in north Norway
Fish did not get out of the cove quick enough before it
froze over.

What an interesting walk for that dog

vwlaEfQnMsxfhjnq92Z0SQ_xd0_f7w6_HGHs_pWV9JGw

Nyx

Weed under a microscope: (but fake it seems...)

35156d7aac896b713628a2b077a00a52.jpg

All those smiley faces, now I know why it can make you laugh!

RSP

Übermatik;97204379 said:

If I recall correctly, this is not really how it works. When you draw a cube on a sheet of paper, it is the 2-dimensional representation of that cube. You get the same effect when you look at the shadow of a cube's wireframe.

The hyper-cube (tesseract) is a 4-dimensional object. The cube-in-a-cube is simply the 3-dimensional "shadow" of the tesseract.

But please do correct me if I'm wrong :)

If I recall correctly, this is not really how it works. When you draw a cube on a sheet of paper, it is the 2-dimensional representation of that cube. You get the same effect when you look at the shadow of a cube's wireframe.

The hyper-cube (tesseract) is a 4-dimensional object. The cube-in-a-cube is simply the 3-dimensional "shadow" of the tesseract.

But please do correct me if I'm wrong :)

Yeah I think that's correct. The four dimensional object they show first is what it would look like if you folded it out into three dimensions, similair to how you can fold a 3D cube's sides out into two dimensions,

Melchiah

^ That's a cool image.

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2014/01/giant-boulder-rips-through-vineyard/
GIANT BOULDER RIPS THROUGH VINEYARD

An Italian vineyard and 300-year old building have been left in tatters after a giant boulder crashed down a mountainside and smashed right through them.
Dramatic imagery shows the extent of the damage following the landslide on 21 January in Tramin-an-der-Weinstrasse, in Alto Adige in northern Italy – a German speaking part of the country.
According to reports on suedtirolnews.it, three giant boulders broke away from the cliff sending 4,000 cubic metres of rock ploughing into the 300-year old building and its vineyard.
A business building and part of the vineyard was flattened but miraculously no-one was injured.
There's a video clip in the link.

8zEHuYM.jpg

ghpIkwn.jpg

GuYJnUL.jpg

happypup

Übermatik;97204379 said:

There are some issues with the representation of the tesseract at the end. Mostly because the concept is outside of our ability to visually comprehend. The most common way of showing a tesseract is with morphing geometry. In this way we can kinda show the concept of 4 lines intersecting that are all perpendicular to each other. The buildup for it is absolutely correct. You make a square in two dimensions then make the cross, fold it in on itself in the third dimension and you get a cube. Make that cross with cubes and folding it in the fourth dimension and you get a tesseract.

Top Bottom