• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

thezerofire said:
but not to match their environment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chameleon#Change_of_color said:
Some varieties of chameleon—such as the Smith's dwarf chameleon—use their color-changing ability to blend in with their surroundings, as an effective form of camouflage.[11]
I know the effect isn't as impressive as the one in the gif, but still.

Took me less than 5 seconds for each picture to find the cats.
I guess I can see how plebs in the gaming side of the forum claim they can't see screen tearing/upscaling blur etc.

People need glasses.

Gui_PT

SneakyStephan said:
Took me less than 5 seconds for each picture to find the cats.
I guess I can see how plebs in the gaming side of the forum claim they can't see screen tearing/upscaling blur etc.

People need glasses.

OMG, u r sooooo coooolllll

wsZyI.jpg

Ovid

The F-117 Stealth Fighter was retired in 2008. This is a pic an F-117 refueling on its last flight. Sorry for picture size. I'm posting from my iPad.
hlXGN.jpg

dudeworld

so I woke up at 5:30am to photograph a thunderstorm that rolled in. We don't usually get them in the morning but it's been so hot recently that the conditions are perfect all times of the day. Here's what I got:

0JTeX.jpg

U6ES3.jpg

SkpcC.jpg

raZ5t.jpg

aNE1xl.jpg

mUt32.jpg

pJJc5.jpg

The sky was basically on fire

Alx said:
Randow (but cool) pictures found on the net (sorry if repost) :

This is the American Star wreck off the coast of Fuerteventura right? My boyfriend and I were out there 2 years ago and were really excited to go see this. Imagine our disappointment after hiring a jeep and driving across the island to see this

arvanitakis_5.jpg

arvanitakis_4.jpg

Not so impressive. I hear it's completely gone now.

the chris

nateeasy

Banned
dudeworld said:
so I woke up at 5:30am to photograph a thunderstorm that rolled in. We don't usually get them in the morning but it's been so hot recently that the conditions are perfect all times of the day. Here's what I got:

The sky was basically on fire

All of those were awesome.

mrplaid

dudeworld said:
it'll be a rush to the hospital, that's for sure
I didn't have any respect for lightning until I got stuck holding bundle of fluorescent light bulbs in a parking lot in the middle of a storm a couple of years back.

Awesome pictures, though!

dudeworld

mrplaid said:
I didn't have any respect for lightning until I got stuck holding bundle of fluorescent light bulbs in a parking lot in the middle of a storm a couple of years back.

Awesome pictures, though!

Don't get me wrong though, I've got loads of respect for this stuff. I've been through a hurricane before, a tornado outbreak, big hail, etc. so I know just how bad things can be. I like to think I know what I'm doing since I'm pretty experienced (although even with experience, anything can happen)

but let me guess, the bulbs were lighting up and it was pretty frightening?

Mr. Robot

Kinyou said:
Army robot:
2qjabf5.gif

Thanks to you now there's motor oil all over my screen.

As a robot myself, i think they should develop a facial reaction robot and combine it with this, the result will be priceless

Top Bottom