• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

The guy took it pretty well if he was able to post a 4chan faces comic about it one day later.
edit: woops, it's for the one year anniversary of her death, my bad

(WTF, but could easily be fake anyway)

Not really seeing the cool part though!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Granger Danger said:
Well, I couldn't post it in the funny pics thread either because people would just say "That's not funny, she died after that"

And for once they'd be right.

Normally, I'm not a big fan of the meme-face comics, but I actually found that to be kind of touching. I guess it's the fact that it acts like a meme-comic from start-to finish, and only the memorial picture at the end reveals any sort of deeper meaning.

Check this out:

camel-thorn-trees-namibia_35259_990x742.jpg

What you’re looking at isn’t a painting. It’s not a Photoshop job or an artist’s rendering. It’s a photograph, taken by National Geographic‘s Frans Lanting, that captures the camel thorn trees of Namib-Naukluft Park at the most perfect moment imaginable.

That orange backdrop? That’s a dune reflecting Namibia’s rising sun. And while the trees themselves look like etchings of a dream, they’re a very real part of one of the country’s largest national parks. It’s beautiful, it’s serene, it’s surreal. And it’s still almost impossible to believe that the only paintbrush used was nature’s.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2011/06/namibia-park/lanting-photography

magicstop

Is that Army robot thing slipping on ice real? I thought it was two people in a costume, but now that I'm looking at it, I don't see the rest of their bodies, or how that could be the case.
If a legitimate robot, I'm scared.

Lerozz

magicstop said:
Is that Army robot thing slipping on ice real? I thought it was two people in a costume, but now that I'm looking at it, I don't see the rest of their bodies, or how that could be the case.

Be scared !

Alx

magicstop said:

Yeah it's real, their walking control is quite impressive (especially in this slipping scenario... people may think it's a failure, but on the contrary it's a very nice display of how robust it is).

bengraven

Door2Dawn said:

It's a great "when you see it" moment, because you think it's maybe a painted background or a fire raging back there, but it's actually a dune with the sun reflecting just right, while the foreground is in shadow. I shat bricks.

magicstop

Alx said:
Yeah it's real, their walking control is quite impressive (especially in this slipping scenario... people may think it's a failure, but on the contrary it's a very nice display of how robust it is).

Well damn. That truly is impressive (thanks for vid links, guys), but I can't stop thinking that it looks like something out of Silent Hill or some Japanese horror movie. The movement is so human-like, and its ability to adjust and compensate is incredible.

bengraven

magicstop said:
Well damn. That truly is impressive (thanks for vid links, guys), but I can't stop thinking that it looks like something out of Silent Hill or some Japanese horror movie. The movement is so human-like, and its ability to adjust and compensate is incredible.

It actually reminded me of

qVuPm.gif

magicstop said:

There is a parody video where there are two guys under a cardboard suit... that is probably what you'd seen first.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
This thread definitely requires more images hotlinked to larger versions that i can use on my desktop.
So good.

Kinyou

I thought this would be appropriate:

30l1lbt.jpg

In case you don't know; Reference to this

FunkyPajamas said:
): I'm not Brazilian.
Jesus Christ, you're expecting a lot from your readers, took me a while to get it but then suddenly it sprung back to my mind.
Amazing what the human brain is able to do... and then still lets me fails at learning some simple vocabularies...

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Jea Song said:

isn't there another image of this dunk with dominique covering his eyes? You can spot him in the background but he hasn't done it yet.

bengraven

Kinyou said:
I thought this would be appropriate:

30l1lbt.jpg

Brilliant!

Thanks for that!

MrBig said:
An episode of Doctor Who a couple seasons ago about Vincent.

e: "Vincent and the Doctor"

Yes, it's arguably one of the best episodes as well. I know it's really really corny and sappy, but that last scene with Bill Nighy and Vincent in the modern museum broke my heart.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Yup.

The Doctor goes back in time and pays a visit to Vincent van Gogh.

It's a beatiful episode.

edit: Totally beaten n shit. I agree with Bengraven about the scene he mentions.

jsnh7076

Neo Member
avaya said:

source on this one? The sweat shirt that girl has on is from my old high school. Its weird seeing one of those after all these years.

zychi said:
what's the story behind this? i went to the highschool on the girls hoody

you too? what year were you at LTHS?

bengraven

CHEEZMO™ said:
Yup.

The Doctor goes back in time and pays a visit to Vincent van Gogh.

It's a beatiful episode.

edit: Totally beaten n shit. I agree with Bengraven about the scene he mentions.

Sadly I can't fiind the ending on Youtube because everyone has musical tribute videos for it instead of actual footage. ha

Kinyou said:
Jesus Christ, you're expecting a lot from your readers, took me a while to get it but then suddenly it sprung back to my mind.
Amazing what the human brain is able to do... and then still lets me fails at learning some simple vocabularies...
Hahahaha, to be honest I didn't think anybody would remember what that was about. So you win an internet cookie!

Top Bottom