• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

Gui_PT

MetalAlien said:
Apparently it is dead but the sodium in the soy-sauce is causing this reaction... that's is what someone said anyway...

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/188695-1/Seafood_Japan.gif

k4jlh.gif

MetalAlien said:
Apparently it is dead but the sodium in the soy-sauce is causing this reaction... that's is what someone said anyway...
No, it's sorcery. Dark magic animating zombie squids is the only explanation. The brown liquid is simply the final step in this macabre ritual.

Sheppard

bengraven said:
Brilliant!

Thanks for that!

Yes, it's arguably one of the best episodes as well. I know it's really really corny and sappy, but that last scene with Bill Nighy and Vincent in the modern museum broke my heart.

Same happens to me every time I watch that eps. I just cry.

Kinyou

MetalAlien said:

Seafood_Japan.gif
I can literally hear it screaming "IT BURNS; IT BURNS MY FLESH!"

rvy

Banned
Why they don't just kill the animals instead of putting them through that is bewildering to me. Fucking idiots.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
MetalAlien said:

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/188695-1/Seafood_Japan.gif[img][/QUOTE]

I eat meat all day, everyday but damn that just makes me angry

Poyunch

Pretty sure some species of fish and most species of insects don't feel pain. It's just that their bodies still react to stimulation. It's more physical than mental.

Kinyou said:
I've read that according to a recent study fish can actually feel pain. So yeah, that's pretty cruel.
Well damn I guess my information is outdated.

Neo Child

Banned
Those videos ... I just couldn't watch them! Honestly, I felt so bad for the fishies and the snake skinning.

Thats awful! And poor Squiddy! =[

Pavaloo

The thought of eating live animals is sick and cruel. Coming from a man with a lot of meat in his diet.

Kinyou said:
Well it's not really outdated since one study doesn't proof too much.

Proves more than no studies?

way more

What an incredible assumption to think fish don't feel pain. You might as well say all toads are named Jerry.

srst said:
People need to learn some species still move after being decapitated.

What about the videos where they are not decapitated?

Kinyou

mac said:
What an incredible assumption to think fish don't feel pain. You might as well say all toads are named Jerry.
It's not just some hillbilly talk. There are scientific studies backing this up too:
"Fish do not have the brain development that is necessary for the psychological experience of pain or any other type of awareness"
Though after doing a bit more search there also seem to be more than just one study that states the opposite, so it's fair to say that either statements still need to be proven

Proves more than no studies?
touché

ianp622

From what I found with a quick google search, the sodium in the sauce could be activating the ion channels that trigger the escape reflex of the tentacles, which is why it moves when they pour the sauce over it. Since it doesn't have a head anymore, it's not feeling anything though.

SiteSeer

BlueTsunami said:
I eat meat all day, everyday but damn that just makes me angry
somewhere out there, in your city, on your block--it may even be next door, some vegan is super angry that you eat so much meat 'all day everyday'.

way more

ianp622 said:
From what I found with a quick google search, the sodium in the sauce could be activating the ion channels that trigger the escape reflex of the tentacles, which is why it moves when they pour the sauce over it. Since it doesn't have a head anymore, it's not feeling anything though.

I really do hope it is just a muscle reflex, like frog legs and lemon, but my rudimentary and in-no-way studied knowledge of cleaning calamari tells me that they are just removing the outer, hard mantle of the squid.

In the video I linked you can see them remove it. While leaving much of the innards intact. And then this image says the "brain" is lower.
squid_int_lab.gif

I'll eat foi grais, and I eat boiled lobster (after shanking it in the brain) but Lord, what creature deserves to be eaten while alive?

MetalAlien said:

Seafood_Japan.gif

That ball on the plate in the lower right corner looks like the NeoGAF logo.

...sorta.

Top Bottom