• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

dudeworld said:
so are vegetarians ok with that squid? after all, a lot of vegetarians still eat seafood because it's not "meat from an animal"

I hope you are joking or watched too many episodes of seinfeld. Vegetarians don't eat meat. If you eat fish, you are simply not a vegetarian by definition.

dudeworld

BomberMouse said:
I hope you are joking or watched too many episodes of seinfeld. Vegetarians don't eat meat. If you eat fish, you are simply not a vegetarian by definition.

It's actually more common than you think

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
shit, I clicked on the bizarrely reanimated and still-living animal food preparation picture and video thread by accident

zerotol

Banned
p4Wpf.jpg

these people are nuts

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/the-ed...alk-during-media-preview-photo-165302627.html

MrHicks

Banned
SiteSeer said:
pretty much every wild animal that eats other wild animals since the beginning of wild animals.

so wrong

most predators don't start eating untill the prey is dead
AKA a lions etc shoke animals to death with neckbite....THEN start eating

rvy said:
Why they don't just kill the animals instead of putting them through that is bewildering to me. Fucking idiots.

The reason why they do this is because in Chinese/Korean cuisine, they love freshness. So if the fish is kept alive like that, its a sign of how fresh it is. I think its horrible myself.

dudeworld said:
but they call themselves vegetarians

So? that just shows they are using the wrong term and have difficulties understanding that a fish isnt a swimming vegetable. The truth is that they are hypocrites coming up with illogical excuses that can be debunked any time. Such as a fish cannot feel pain or that they are not meat.

Mudkips

Banned
Kinyou said:

There is no definition of what constitutes consciousness, and thus no definition of what constitutes perception, and thus no definition of whether a particular organism can feel pain or not.

Anytime someone trots out horse shit along the lines of "it's just an instinctual reaction to stimuli, they don't feel anything" I want to punch them in the neck and say the exact same shit back to them.

Kinyou

Mudkips said:
There is no definition of what constitutes consciousness, and thus no definition of what constitutes perception, and thus no definition of whether a particular organism can feel pain or not.

Anytime someone trots out horse shit along the lines of "it's just an instinctual reaction to stimuli, they don't feel anything" I want to punch them in the neck and say the exact same shit back to them.
Not saying that you're completely wrong, but this kind of argumentation will get you nowhere. Animals aren't humans so you can't translate your behavior onto them. Hence why introspective methods are despised in Biology.

Mudkips
Failed Biology
(Today, 09:15 PM)
Reply | Quote

;)

Top Bottom