• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT4| Aw yiss. Motha. F*ckin. Reposts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bro1

Banned
JCWYvrB.jpg

How is this at all funny? An awful picture of children in pain is never something to be fun of.

tafer

Melchiah

How is this at all funny? An awful picture of children in pain is never something to be fun of.

It's a historical image/event that's been parodied, in a similar fashion that Watchmen did. Parody often serves as a good reminder of past tragedies. It's not meant to downplay the events.

I'm annoyed by this, I get that many people today are completely ignorant of what happened in Vietnam but that's not even the issue, victims of any war, especially children shouldn't serve as the material for a joke.

PokfmNIm.jpg
XN0IGIvm.jpg

And I'm not ignorant about the war, as it was a part of our education, and even more so in the popular media. In fact, the war ended only a couple of weeks before I was born.

EDIT: Here in Finland, the events of Winter War against Russia are a common source of parody, so we're used to it, and can also laugh at our own historical events. No matter how tragic they were.

NinjaBoiX

Melciah said:

I remember a sign in a Desperate Dan comic as a kid. He was blindfolded in a military base, and there was a sign that simply read:

"Top secret, do not read."

I was creased for about 5 minutes.

Hey, I was a kid.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
I'm annoyed by this, I get that many people today are completely ignorant of what happened in Vietnam but that's not even the issue, victims of any war, especially children shouldn't serve as the material for a joke.

Yso5v76.jpg
1148006556076.jpg

hym

Banned

This is a birthday party, it's moments after friends surprised him with a female stripper and he impulsively decided it's the ideal time and place to come out and yells he's gay, instant regret but at least he managed to dodge the lap dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom