• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT4| Aw yiss. Motha. F*ckin. Reposts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

izTZTZzMsaThB.gif
Wait a minute.......

What happens to the two trucks? At least one of them should be visible in the back window.

myth_77f9af_506015idqs4.gif

xenist

Is this guy actually from the PS 4 thing? Did he really say that tear-gassing stuff? Did I make a giant mistake by missing it?

Pro

so I'm Google translating these words and Nebelwerfer = Fogthrower (?), Flammenwerfer = Flamethrower (good), hubschrauber = helicopter (good), but messerschmitt doesn't come back as anything. Lies!! It does not schmitt messers! But it still sounds hilar.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
so I'm Google translating these words and Nebelwerfer = Fogthrower (?), Flammenwerfer = Flamethrower (good), hubschrauber = helicopter (good), but messerschmitt doesn't come back as anything. Lies!! It does not schmitt messers! But it still sounds hilar.

Maybe it's because I'm a native German speaker, but i never got why these are supposed to be funny...have seen them quite often over the last year...

please explain English speaking GAF :)

Pro

Maybe it's because I'm a native German speaker, but i never got why these are supposed to be funny...have seen them quite often over the last year...

Just taking an actual German word that sounds funny and trying to explain what it means to an English person. It's not supposed to make any sense but it sounds funny. Would like to know why the Germans were throwing Fog in WWII though...

Just taking an actual German word that sounds funny and trying to explain what it means to an English person. It's not supposed to make any sense but it sounds funny. Would like to know why the Germans were throwing Fog in WWII though...

It was a way to mislead spies. The Nebelwerfer was a rocket artillery piece. It had chemical, incendiary, and HE shells, as well as smoke cover.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

I thought the Hubschrauber one (and the Nebelwerfer, 'cause I didn't expect it) was quite funny, even as a native speaker :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom