• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT5| Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.
0j45mNA.jpg

Not my picture.

Rubius

Yeah but still, what does this mean? I saw a bunch of derivatives at some point and I still didn't understand it.

CTRL ALT DEL did a comic arc with a pregnant girlfriend which ended in a Miscarriage. The comic lost a lot of fans who thought it was really badly done and shameful. Penny arcade called CTRL ALT DEL the work of the devil because of that comic.
Here the original.
From Wikipedia : "A following Zero Punctuation episode about video game webcomics, while addressing what he feels are inappropriately abrupt shifts in comic genre and tone, makes reference to the now infamous Ctrl+Alt+Del storyline in which Lilah miscarries.[38] In an interview with Joystiq on August 29, 2008, when asked about the miscarriage storyline, Jerry Holkins of Penny Arcade said that "Tim Buckley is the antichrist, and I think [that] storyline was the first horseman of the Apocalypse." while Mike Krahulik stated "I think he's an art criminal."[3][39]"

4chan used the template to make it into a meme, and transform all of his comic into something that end with the 4th Miscarriage panel or make reference to it. Some of the stuff is really dark or bad taste and so that's why I usually avoid posting the stuff here.
474pxmia1732430.jpg

tim-actually-said-this.png

PixelPeZ

CTRL ALT DEL did a comic arc with a pregnant girlfriend which ended in a Miscarriage. The comic lost a lot of fans who thought it was really badly done and shameful. Penny arcade called CTRL ALT DEL the work of the devil because of that comic.
Here the original.

4chan used the template to make it into a meme, and transform all of his comic into something that end with the 4th Miscarriage panel or make reference to it. Some of the stuff is really dark or bad taste and so that's why I usually avoid posting the stuff here.
474pxmia1732430.jpg

tim-actually-said-this.png

Most of the parodies originated from the Something Awful threads (5 megathreads before it got shut down). Some were great and really elaborate, most are still here http://sacadmockthread.tumblr.com/

Retro

A tad late to the CAD discussion, but this;
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/tim-actually-said-this.png[/IMG]

... is actually a direct quote from the blurb that accompanied the comic, and is probably the reason it drew so much criticism. I mean, CAD is garbage any other day of the week, but that was a new low. When VGCats looks good by comparison, you know you're at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom