• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics That Make You Laugh |OT6| r u havin a giggle ther m8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
egsesZs.gif

I wonder how many people fall to these kind of ads.

egsesZs.gif

I wonder how many people fall to these kind of ads.
I had to restore the PC of a family friend because of one of these ads. He had gotten some sort of virus or rootkit from one of them and then someone overseas was remoting in to his PC trying to scam him. The most troubling thing to him was that they were able to turn on his webcam and he could see his face on the monitor.

I asked him if he had done anything out of the ordinary he said that he answered one of these popups but he thought it was a genuine private message and believed that it really was someone in his area who was DTF (not his words).

The worst part of it all is that my Mum convinced him (before asking me what to do) that he should go to the police about it so I can only imagine him heading in to the station with his tail between his legs asking for help. They gave him a printed out handout with instructions on how to remove the software, and tried to reassure him that he wasn't the only person to have this happen to them, so I'm assuming people fall for this more than you might like to think.

Lol i understand this reference

hQMzKGn.jpg

I had to restore the PC of a family friend because of one of these ads. He had gotten some sort of virus or rootkit from one of them and then someone overseas was remoting in to his PC trying to scam him. The most troubling thing to him was that they were able to turn on his webcam and he could see his face on the monitor.

I asked him if he had done anything out of the ordinary he said that he answered one of these popups but he thought it was a genuine private message and believed that it really was someone in his area who was DTF (not his words).

The worst part of it all is that my Mum convinced him (before asking me what to do) that he should go to the police about it so I can only imagine him heading in to the station with his tail between his legs asking for help. They gave him a printed out handout with instructions on how to remove the software, and tried to reassure him that he wasn't the only person to have this happen to them, so I'm assuming people fall for this more than you might like to think.

O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom