• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics That Make You Laugh |OT6| r u havin a giggle ther m8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ai9yHO2.jpg

FUME5

Blah blah, Dark Souls is super hard, I'm a special sunflower for finishing it blah blah blah.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to next Thursday.

NinjaBoiX

VFMIQms.gif

Blah blah, Dark Souls is super hard, I'm a special sunflower for finishing it blah blah blah.

Gave up at New Londo Ruins, I ain't even mad. Fuck that cheap ass game with it's wonky hit detection, cheesy attacks clipping through walls and artificial difficulty. It's way too hard for how inconsistent it's own internal logic is, I just got sick of the game cheating.
Not even that hard, really. It just doesn't do everything for you. Amazing what a difference that can make. :p
It is that hard like. It's quite easily one of the hardest games I've ever played. I don't know why people have such a hard time admitting this.

Come on man, the slogan is "Prepare to Die"!

It is that hard like. It's quite easily one of the hardest games I've ever played. I don't know why people have such a hard time admitting this.

I don't want to derail the thread, but really the game is not that hard, just challenging. Kind of bullshit in a couple sections but that's it.

VFMIQms.gif

Gave up at New Londo Ruins, I ain't even mad. Fuck that cheap ass game with it's wonky hit detection, cheesy attacks clipping through walls and artificial difficulty. It's way too hard for how inconsistent it's own internal logic is, I just got sick of the game cheating.

It is rare to see so much wrong in one post. This is a funny pics thread so why not have a funny pic though.

7zDaw4h.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member

It's getting pretty silly, yeah. I wonder how many people actually played it and how many just go with "it's super hard" from hear-say.

Overdoziz

Banned
VFMIQms.gif

So bitter.
Dark Souls - more or less hard than Super Meat Boy? My go-to game when I want some screaming and crying.
Completely different kind of difficulty.

NinjaBoiX

I must admit, I'm probably a little bitter that the game I thoroughly enjoyed for so long has beaten me, and I'm probably just not skilled enough to finish it. But any fan refusing to acknowledge the wonky hit detection and cheap attacks clipping through walls must be blinded by their fandom. It's a fantastic game, but to say it's rough around the edges is to put it politely.

Also, lol at the comments that people just say it's hard without playing it. Come on mane, it's difficult. Notoriously so, they based the whole ad campaign around it! That's not a bad thing, I just don't see why you try to refute it.

Anyway, sorry for initiating the derail, I've said my piece. Here are some OT pics:

CToFfbG.jpg

xGCNTiy.jpg

SjBfv18.jpg

Clydefrog

I must admit, I'm probably a little bitter that the game I thoroughly enjoyed for so long has beaten me, and I'm probably just not skilled enough to finish it. But any fan refusing to acknowledge the wonky hit detection and cheap attacks clipping through walls must be blinded by their fandom. It's a fantastic game, but to say it's rough around the edges is to put it politely.

Also, lol at the comments that people just say it's hard without playing it. Come on mane, it's difficult. Notoriously so, they based the whole ad campaign around it! That's not a bad thing, I just don't see why you try to refute it.

Anyway, sorry for initiating the derail, I've said my piece. Here are some OT pics:

CToFfbG.jpg

xGCNTiy.jpg

SjBfv18.jpg

hot girls getting hit with things dot tumblr?

edit: you'll never beat me at kickball. never. i was the best

Overdoziz

Banned
I understand that concept, but one has to be harder than the other. Like, 'cunts' per minute count.
Well, I couldn't be bothered with finishing the last couple of levels in Super Meat Boy, but I've completed Dark Souls about 4 times now so I guess there's that.
I've been hit through a wall maybe one or two times (ignoring ghosts) in 80+ hours of gameplay so I can't really say it's a big issue for me. Not really sure what you mean with the hit detection being wonky either.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well, I couldn't be bothered with finishing the last couple of levels in Super Meat Boy, but I've completed Dark Souls about 4 times now so I guess there's that.

I've been hit through a wall maybe one or two times (ignoring ghosts) in 80+ hours of gameplay so I can't really say it's a big issue for me. Not really sure what you mean with the hit detection being wonky either.

Dark Souls is easy, confirmed.

I tried playing Demon Souls but tbh really didn't like the way it controlled, I never quite felt like I was in full control of what I was doing.

NinjaBoiX

Dark Souls - more or less hard than Super Meat Boy? My go-to game when I want some screaming and crying.
It's true Jed, their required skill sets are entirely different. It's hard to compare them.

Super Meat Boy requires a fairly small skill set but demands utter precision. But at the same time, failure only costs a few seconds worth of progress and your basic run and jump skill set is all that's required to succeed.

Dark Souls asks a lot more of the player in terms of the range of skills required, but the timing, although hugely important isn't quite so crucial. Having said that it's a lot more opaque in the way it unfolds, especially in comparison to the straight level to level progression of SMB, and failure costs you a lot more time and effort.

I've never finished either, and they are both incredibly difficult! But it's like asking if cars and better than motorbikes.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's true Jed, their required skill sets are entirely different. It's hard to compare them.

Super Meat Boy requires a fairly small skill set but demands utter precision. But at the same time, failure only costs a few seconds worth of progress and your basic run and jump skill set is all that's required to succeed.

Dark Souls asks a lot more of the player in terms of the range of skills required, but the timing, although hugely important isn't quite so crucial. Having said that it's a lot more opaque in the way it unfolds, especially in comparison to the straight level to level progression of SMB, and failure costs you a lot more time and effort.

I've never finished either, and they are both incredibly difficult! But it's like asking if cars and better than motorbikes.

Cars are better because you don't get wet in the rain, therefore Dark Souls is easy :p

Entirely unrelated note, Dark Souls fans are even easier to wind up that the people who think FF music is the pinnacle of eastern culture.

VFMIQms.gif

image.php

VFMIQms.gif

I would call the game hard, but I would not call it artificial difficulty. The game gives you hints through context clues. You are expected to be on edge at all times, and it punishes you if you are not. That being said, the rewards when you do accomplish something in that game are great. The whole point of the game is to teach you to never give up and never lose hope.

tumblr_n0t0rk0GPF1spv5mno1_500.jpg

Dark Souls isn't as hard as Super Meat Boy (or a lot of other action games). Super Meat Boy requires a very high level of manual dexterity. So high, that many people just won't be able to beat it because they just can't get their fingers to move fast enough. Dark Souls is an incredibly slow game. It never requires you to do anything difficult with the controller. You just have to be patient and pay attention. Anyone can do that.

Also Dark Souls is always throwing overpowered weapons at the player and other ways to get stronger. Watch someone new play the game on Twitch, then watch the Dark Souls fanboys come in and start screaming about how you didn't really beat the game if you wore Havel's armor or used a Black Knight Great Axe or leveled up too much because you made the game too easy.

It's one of my favorite games. I can understand it is that hard for some people, but I grew up with NES stuff, no saving, Mega Man 2, trial and error. So what others consider 'hard', I consider par for the course. Just different playstyles.

EDIT: Oops, gotta post funny, or you're out of the game -

1iKMtY3.gif

son_i_am_disappoint7ga2q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom