• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 |OT| Starvation, Slavery, and Savage Creatures in a Cute, Colorful Package

Zero148

No reason not to, you're still getting the game on eShop.

So Pikmin and W101 for about 80 Euro, nice

BramVD said:
I really do not know what is going on. I tought something was up with my paypal account so I did it a second time using my VISA and it all went perfect but no second email on either one... and it's been a few hours.

I had the download code right at the conformation page after the purchase, and in an Email additionally

Zane

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I just (early game spoilers up to the third level)
reunited with Brittany in the ice world. I've collected a few fruits and got the dodge whistle. Where do I go to rescue Charlie?

D-e-f-

Banned
thank you all for the GAME tip, downloading now. I will still get the 30% on WW101 this way, won't I?

nobody knows but there's no good reason why you shouldn't.

the date thing probably just exists to make clear that all purchases from the beginning onwards are eligible. that should include those early GAME codes. the important part is the cut-off date. if you have the game registered by then, everything should be fine, logic would suggest (unless NoE are insane evil wizards who included a hard start-date).

Jofamo

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I just (early game spoilers up to the third level)
reunited with Brittany in the ice world. I've collected a few fruits and got the dodge whistle. Where do I go to rescue Charlie?

Very vague hint
The way to progress is on Brittany's side of the stream

Blatant hint
Past an electric gate, and up a hill with two cannon beetles, you'll see a nose you can interact with

NotLiquid

Break down the rock barricade behind the electric gate that was at Brittany's half of the island. It's a relatively straight shot after that.

ASIS

This is probably the stupidest question I'll ever ask but here goes..

... The code will not work on NTSC Wii Us correct? Like 100% not going to work, shouldn't even try right?

Shahadan

This is probably the stupidest question I'll ever ask but here goes..

... The code will not work on NTSC Wii Us correct? Like 100% not going to work, shouldn't even try right?

I'm sorry but I imagined how desperate to play you were to ask that, and I laughed very hard.

javac

Hmmm... I forgot about the W101 offer. Maybe I should just get a download code, but I'm rather old fashioned and like putting a game in to play it.

Exactly. Beautiful box, smoooth disc coupled with a hint of flubit is the way to go. Got TW101 for £25 ready already.

NotLiquid

Exactly. Beautiful box, smoooth disc coupled with a hint of flubit is the way to go. Got TW101 for £25 ready already.

For real, Pikmin 3 has probably one of the best box arts in recent history. It looks so lush and colorful. I don't see how anyone could resist the temptation of picking up the box at a store just to look at it.

TW101 also looks like it's going to have an equally awesome box art. Wii U has been hitting some great notes with them.

javac

For real, Pikmin 3 has probably one of the best box arts in recent history. It looks so lush and colorful. I don't see how anyone could resist the temptation of picking up the box at a store just to look at it.

TW101 also looks like it's going to have an equally awesome box art. Wii U has been hitting some great notes with them.

Indeed the artwork is beautiful. Pikmin artwork has always been sublime. It'll sit proudly on my shelf of intresting items.

A bit off topic but I was thinking of playing the game only on the gamepad off TV. I played the NPC Pikmin 1 and 2 but I don't like playing on the TV anymore :(

Plus my TV is being repaired and I have a sub 20inch replacement for a few days lol.

I wonder how it controls.

Man, day 5 has been tough.

I restarted thinking that the bridge needed to be complete in a single day... lol

37 Pikmin died in total, I think that 40% is Gamepad fault though... tomorrow I'm going to use Wiimote + Nunchuck.

D-e-f-

Banned
Indeed the artwork is beautiful. Pikmin artwork has always been sublime. It'll sit proudly on my shelf of intresting items.

A bit off topic but I was thinking of playing the game only on the gamepad off TV. I played the NPC Pikmin 1 and 2 but I don't like playing on the TV anymore :(

Plus my TV is being repaired and I have a sub 20inch replacement for a few days lol.

I wonder how it controls.

You can still use the Wiimote in Off-TV mode.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
You can still use the Wiimote in Off-TV mode.

Doesn't the gamepad even have a built-in sensor bar? Or did I dream that?

D-e-f-

Banned
Doesn't the gamepad even have a built-in sensor bar? Or did I dream that?

... and that is why you can do that. (works in Black Ops 2 as well)

I was thinking about that. Mom might think I've gone mad and I might look weird pointing at a 6 inch screen but hey what other use will my 'premium' bundle stand get? ;p

Just try to look confident while you're doing it :D

klier

I started the download and decided to walk the big round with the dog, thinking the download would be ready when I got back...

....When I get back I see an error at roughly 40%. Agggrr, time wasted, still 45 minutes download time left :(

javac

I started the download and decided to walk the big round with the dog, thinking the download would be ready when I got back...

....When I get back I see an error at roughly 40%. Agggrr, time wasted, still 45 minutes download time left :(

To be fair that sounds pretty decent for a Wii U download no?

klier

I have no real problems with the Wii U download speed, never had.

In my country everybody has fast internet, but I have 'slow fast internet' so to speak (I don't pay them enough money ;) ), and the download time is little over 1 hour for a 4 gig file, which seems about right for my connection.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Where did you find W101 for £25 out of curiosity. Don't mind if it's an offer I can't take advantage of.

oatmeal

Banned
I'm stoked that hte screen has a sensor. I have a projector set up and my wireless sensor is horrible, spotty at best even when I move it up to right in front of me.

NEVER BUY THE MONOPRICE ONE. It's junk.

Played the first two hours today (I'm in the UK and got the game two days early from Amazon).

This has been my most anticipated WiiU game (I bought the console at launch for Pikmin 3) and it really was worth the wait.

I'm also playing using the Gamepad which actually surprised me with how accurate and fun it feels.

The visuals are really nice, I can't say the ground textures have bothered me at all, the biggest irk for me is the jaggies but since it started off life as a Wii game that can be forgiven I suppose. The overall artstyle is fantastic and the character animations are top notch.

The gameplay is the usual Pikmin fare which is so addictive and racing against the clock like the original adds a real level of strategy and panic to it.

The whole thing has the usual special Nintendo 'feeling' about it from the story and characters to the 'voice acting' and names of the items.

Kind of sad to think this could be Miyamoto's penultimate game :'(.

ASIS

Played the first two hours today (I'm in the UK and got the game two days early from Amazon).

This has been my most anticipated WiiU game (I bought the console at launch for Pikmin 3) and it really was worth the wait.

I'm also playing using the Gamepad which actually surprised me with how accurate and fun it feels.

The visuals are really nice, I can't say the ground textures have bothered me at all, the biggest irk for me is the jaggies but since it started off life as a Wii game that can be forgiven I suppose. The overall artstyle is fantastic and the character animations are top notch.

The gameplay is the usual Pikmin fare which is so addictive and racing against the clock like the original adds a real level of strategy and panic to it.

The whole thing has the usual special Nintendo 'feeling' about it from the story and characters to the 'voice acting' and names of the items.

Kind of sad to think this could be Miyamoto's penultimate game :'(.

what? who said that?

The_Lump

Banned
Yeah ..just started playing..really liking it so far. The game is beautiful.

It really is. Those "ugly" ground textures aren't even noticeable in motion. I'd go as far as to say they look good. The rest of the visuals are quite stunning at times. It's an amazingly immersive experience so far.

Bad day on Day 5 however;
took on the (first proper boss) Mawdad, defeated him with only a few minutes to spare before sundown. Thought I had time to get the fruit and phone back to the ship.....but I didn't and I forgot to round most of my Pikmin up before the timer ran out :( 40 Rock Pikmin, massacred. Sleep well, brave soldiers. Sleep well
*single tear*

javac

Where did you find W101 for £25 out of curiosity. Don't mind if it's an offer I can't take advantage of.

I gave This link to Flubit. You're familiar with Flubit right?

I assume you are but just in case you aren't! You sign up with them, fill out your details in your account and then give them a link to a product and they'll try and beat the price. I got offered £25.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I gave This link to Flubit. You're familiar with Flubit right?

I assume you are but just in case you aren't! You sign up with them, fill out your details in your account and then give them a link to a product and they'll try and beat the price. I got offered £25.55.
Thanks. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

javac

Thanks. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

You can't really go wrong with £25 for Platinum goodness! :p

Hoping my Pikmin from Tesco arrives tomorrow! I don't know if I'll start straight away but it's nice having the game in my possession regardless!

JohnB

I'd like to play with remote+nunchuck ONLY without being told to divert my eyes to the bloody gamepad for a couple of seconds (requiring the said 'pad to be on my bloody table in a stand).

Jee-zo.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'd like to play with remote+nunchuck ONLY without being told to divert my eyes to the bloody gamepad for a couple of seconds (requiring the said 'pad to be on my bloody table in a stand).

Jee-zo.

My understanding is that while the GamePad indeed offers a variety of helpful info and the map, you don't actually need to use it at all. The game should be perfectly playable without those bits, and in fact, someone said you can actually call the map up on the TV with d-pad down, and even direct captains via it like on the pad.

So be glad!

Fabrik

Banned
I'm sorry but I can't forgive the absence of the Piklopedia

There's a Piklopedia describing the various fruits you've collected with alien descriptions but no ennemy description.
Anyway 6 hours in, and it's still awesome. The level design is so good. The locations are huge, varied with even different settings in a single area.
I loved the transition from forest to desert/tropical boss area.
And the game is just gorgeous. I think it's more impressive than Uncharted 2, as it should be. Welcome to next-gen Nintendo.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's 2.30am and I want moaaaar! Level design is excellent, it's really fun to play and game looks gorgeous indeed. Not graphic-whore gorgeous though (the ground textures are actually pretty bad) but who cares? THERE'S SUPER CUTE LITTLE PIKMINS EVERYWHERE!

Shahadan

Still nothing on the Premium Discount front :s
It would made sense if it only considered actual eshoip transactions instead of downloadable codes anyway. Still sucks if it stays that way.

I'm on the last boss btw!

Edit : Annnd done! This guy is a major pain in the ass. Almost 1000 pikmin killed during my playthrough :lol:
Poor guys.

Now to get those fruits.

Stuart444

Assuming Shopto gets it to me on time (a day early :p ), my game should arrive in about 4 or 5 hours :p

Never played a Pikmin game before so I'm looking forward to this, all the screenshots I've seen look pretty :D

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Still nothing on the Premium Discount front :s
It would made sense if it only considered actual eshoip transactions instead of downloadable codes anyway. Still sucks if it stays that way.

I'm on the last boss btw!

Edit : Annnd done! This guy is a major pain in the ass. Almost 1000 pikmin killed during my playthrough :lol:
Poor guys.

Now to get those fruits.

I think the Premium Discount only works if you use codes after the release date. Porbably to not make reviewers "rich" in Premium Discount ;D.

can you use a wiimote+ without the sensor bar?

Yes.

Top Bottom