• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 |OT| Starvation, Slavery, and Savage Creatures in a Cute, Colorful Package

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Still no update on my Nintendo Network Premium page, I'm not sure the GAME offer will count.

After several hours on the game yesterday, I have to say Pikmin Wiimote implementation is as groundbreaking as its use in PES Playmaker, which was the most innovative/effective use of the controller.

The pointer precision is a blessing here, it makes the game a joy to play.

Kouriozan

I can see it registered on my Nintendo club account.
Do you usually get the 10% discount for code bought on retailer website?

Someone was asking earlier and there really seems to be coming sound from the rear speakers, nothing mind-blowing though in terms of effects. Game is still a
blast.

On behalf of NA gaf I have come to announce we are all jealous. I was the only brave one to post this. I will return once again when you guys get W101 early too :p

Are you playing using Motion+ controls?

I am not sure that Motion+ makes any difference for this game as you have to point at the sensor either way,

I have the Motion+ add-on but I feel the controller is more comfortable to use without it.
Though so far for some odd reason I am still using it.

D-e-f-

Banned
Are you playing using Motion+ controls?

I am not sure that Motion+ makes any difference for this game as you have to point at the sensor either way,

I have the Motion+ add-on but I feel the controller is more comfortable to use without it.
Though so far for some odd reason I am still using it.

improved precision, less jittery, you can point off-screen without messing up the cursor

Social

So... after GAME messed up both of my DOWNLOAD orders I got in touch with them and BEHOLD!

DdhoLsml.jpg

AWWWW YEAAAAA

Kouriozan

Enjoying it so far, day 3 is really something, I know I can do it faster but
that boss takes too long to kill >.<
I always end up wasting day 4 retrieving stuff from the day before.

Ydahs

Would the GAME code work in Australia since we're also PAL? Was going to bug it locally but I can save some cash this way.

D-e-f-

Banned
Would the GAME code work in Australia since we're also PAL? Was going to bug it locally but I can save some cash this way.

Yes, we already have an Aussie Gaffer in here who did it. In the case of Australia, you might have to make a new NNID to redeem it though. At least that was what the other guy did. Euro-Gaffers don't need to do this, for example.

Ydahs

Yes, we already have an Aussie Gaffer in here who did it. In the case of Australia, you might have to make a new NNID to redeem it though. At least that was what the other guy did. Euro-Gaffers don't need to do this, for example.
This one?
Buying codes from Game UK works on AUS consoles just need to change your region and create a new NIND.
Hmmm, but if I change my region back to Australia, would it still work though? Eh, might just wait it out.

D-e-f-

Banned
This one?

Hmmm, but if I change my region back to Australia, would it still work though? Eh, might just wait it out.

You can have multiple regions, like on 3DS (within the wider PAL region only, of course). You just have to reset and switch it every time.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Australia is in the same region with Europe, so we can play a game that was installed on the console from any of the countries within the respective region.
If it wouldn't work for the console (due to the region block) you wouldn't be able to select the country in the settings of Wii U and for the NNID. I even doubt than you would need a new NNID for the download code.

Shahadan

I think the Premium Discount only works if you use codes after the release date. Porbably to not make reviewers "rich" in Premium Discount ;D.

That's what I was thinking.
I'm still hoping for it magically appearing once the release date hits for whatever reason, but I'm not holding my breath.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Aussie here, just bought DL code from Game.co.uk, used my UK NNID to redeem. Downloading two days in advance.

G.O.O.

Maybe not, see above. At worst we should just send an email to nintendo, they'll probably fix it, but we should wait the actual release date first to be sure.
I wish I wasn't that much in a hurry to play this game :/

but yeah, the website says it gets updated after 24 hours. I'm still hopeful that they simply wouldn't allow the game to be downloaded if they didn't want early buyers to have too much of an advantage.

Micerider

Miiverse Pikmin 3 communities not up yet for Europe is it? Shame some beautiful scenes to upload to Miiverse =/

Yeah the game looks gorgeous at times, fantastic lights and colors. Textures are ok (certainly not muddy) IQ is clean but not impressive, geometry is meh (that´s where the game shows most of it´s Wii roots imo).

Game is good otherwise, closer to the first in style but with concepts from second game (multi-characters). Rock pikmins are awesome. Wii-motion plus is the way to go, much more precise and fluid than the gamepad. Not a revolutionary game, bug certainly a fantastic and enjoyable one, leaves you with a smile on your face.

Finally about 4 hours into the first Pikmin and loving it. Gonna marathon through it over the next couple of days and dive right into Pikmin 2. Glad I pre-ordered this, now.

I got it! Saturn (electronics store in Germany) already had them out. And 5 bucks cheaper than actual price (44.99 euros instead of 49.99)

Also had Super Luigi U out already.

beanman25

I keep worrying about losing one of my pikmin. I shouldn't focus on beating levels without losing them though right? I can do that after I beat the game regularly?

Keio

For a Finer World
Argh, GAME has me in the "Unshipped" security limbo for the DL code, customer service claims they can't do anything: "will resolve within 24h" FUUUUU :p

Just started it, and the game looks lovely. However, I am getting no sound through the GamePad speakers, and my monitor doesn't have any in-built speakers. Does this mean I have no choice but to play the entire game on the GamePad screen with headphones?

Why in God's name did they not allow you to route the sound to external speakers?

Sioen

I just got the game and I tried using the wii remote with motionplus built in but I still need the sensor bar? I thought you didn't need it?

ozfunghi

Just started it, and the game looks lovely. However, I am getting no sound through the GamePad speakers, and my monitor doesn't have any in-built speakers. Does this mean I have no choice but to play the entire game on the GamePad screen with headphones?

Why in God's name did they not allow you to route the sound to external speakers?

This is the case for many games though.

Top Bottom