• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 |OT| Starvation, Slavery, and Savage Creatures in a Cute, Colorful Package

Jofamo

Does this make me special? My order is:
0 9 3 4 5 5 0 4 9 8

Haha, at least in this thread it does. What country are you in, BTW? I wonder if that has any impact on the numbers.

Saying that, I trawelled through the Japanese Miiverse boards, looking for people asking the same stuff.
Seems no one knows what it does yet, people have noticed that everyone's are different. I've found at least 3 other distinct code combinations, not similar to either of ours.

At least for now, it might just be pure coincidence that I share the same code as two other people in this thread, or that there's only a certain number of distinct possibilities. It's all very strange for a Pikmin game of all things. Very ARG like.

Semajer

Haha, at least in this thread it does. What country are you in, BTW? I wonder if that has any impact on the numbers.

Saying that, I trawelled through the Japanese Miiverse boards, looking for people asking the same stuff.
Seems no one knows what it does yet, people have noticed that everyone's are different. I've found at least 3 other distinct code combinations, not similar to either of ours.

At least for now, it might just be pure coincidence that I share the same code as two other people in this thread, or that there's only a certain number of distinct possibilities. It's all very strange for a Pikmin game of all things. Very ARG like.

I was thinking country could have something to do with it. I'm in the UK. I'm sure we'll learn more about it when the American's get their copies. Until then I guess we're at Miyamoto's mercy.

KrawlMan

OH GAWD! I'M HOLDING MYSELF TO NOT SPAM THE HELL OUT OF THIS THREAD! :D
zlCfzRENCHsP8l6wIi

WHY IS ALL THE FRUIT COVERED IN A CANDY GLAZE ?

Jofamo

I was thinking country could have something to do with it. I'm in the UK. I'm sure we'll learn more about it when the American's get their copies. Until then I guess we're at Miyamoto's mercy.

Yeah I'm UK too. Guess it's not that then, unless each country has a certain number of unique codes.

I hope it's not too long till Miyamoto spills the beans.

I wonder if anything will come out when the Prima guide releases on August 4th?

Yuterald

I'm getting pretty excited! I spent a good portion of my day today mopping up the rest of Pikmin 2. I now have all 201 Treasures, a complete Piklopedia, and a zero death save file. All I gotta do is the Mission Mode now, but I doubt I'll pull that off before Pikmin 3 drops. Can't wait!

Frodo

By the way, I'm loving the game. It is a shame I'm really bad at it and loads of Pikmin sacrificed themselves because of my mistakes.

May they rest in peace.

D-e-f-

Banned
It is the weather. The watermelon specially gets this look when it is raining and it gets wet. The other fruit not so much.

Wait, does it really change its lighting/reflective properties depending on the weather?!?!

I'm getting pretty excited! I spent a good portion of my day today mopping up the rest of Pikmin 2. I now have all 201 Treasures, a complete Piklopedia, and a zero death save file. All I gotta do is the Mission Mode now, but I doubt I'll pull that off before Pikmin 3 drops. Can't wait!

Ha, been doing the same in anticipation of my on-its-way copy :D
5-or-so more caves to go!

D-e-f-

Banned
It's a beautiful candy glaze...I'll give it that. Reminds me of the candy coated fruit all over the night markets in Taiwan :D

Pikmin 4 takes place in a candy store.

It's actually Pikmin x Mushroom Men x Elebits x Chibi Robo. The video game to end all video games.

Oidisco

Finished the game a few minutes ago. Felt a little short, though I did power through it. Had a blast the entire time and I can see myself replaying it regularly.
Took a couple of pictures throughout the game too, though this is the only one that turned out really great!
zlCfzRENLz87qYupvp

Oh god the
sand worm thing
is so frustrating. Finally did it but took me the entire day (including a bit of time to stock up on a few
bomb rocks)
but had to wait unto the next day to have time to collect stuff. NO basically two days just for at (including a few restarts)

Wasn't even really fun, you're just fighting to get a good angle before it disappears

I managed to kill him
without any bombs. I thought he was one of the easier ones

I think I'm near the end. I need to stop playing the game.

That guy gives me a real next-gen vibe.

okay, the whole game looks absolute amazing (funny that there are no complaints about the ground textures anymore). I'm 8 hours in and could rush to the end but I will take my time to collect every fruit and discover all the other hidden stuff.

so, anything new about the
secret note stuff?

SteelYoshi

Neo Member
The bosses in this game are NUTS. I got the
Cyclops swamp thingy
down 2 thirds before saying "fuck it" And running off to get fruit.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
My overconfidence cost me 80 pikmins yesterday, we couldn't make it back on time.

I almost felt something, the music right after that puts you in the mood to feel guilty!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My overconfidence cost me 80 pikmins yesterday, we couldn't make it back on time.

I almost felt something, the music right after that puts you in the mood to feel guilty!

You don't need to make it back, just have control of your pokemins. If I'm running low on time and my guys are still dragging fruit back to base, I'll follow along with my whistle at the ready.

CAVE343

You don't need to make it back, just have control of your pokemins. If I'm running low on time and my guys are still dragging fruit back to base, I'll follow along with my whistle at the ready.
Huh wat? You don't need to get them back to the union, but just have them in your squad?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Huh wat? You don't need to get them back to the union, but just have them in your squad?

Yep. Or they can even be loose but inside the large circle at your base (so pikmin that have returned fruit will be fine on their own too)

The pikmin icon to the right of the sun timer shows how many pikmin are 'stray' - if that is zero the they are all accounted for.

Mistle

Game is amazingly good in every regard. Loving it.

Trivial question: Is there a reason the Pikmin don't reorganise themselves like they did in previous games? When switching between colours, that is. They also just kind of disappear from their spot.

Also, I wonder why they took the mobbing out.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does anyone really manage 3 teams separately? Too often they get ambushed by respawned monsters, and I just get disoriented. I'm really only using the third guy to throw up to ledges

Does anyone really manage 3 teams separately? Too often they get ambushed by respawned monsters, and I just get disoriented. I'm really only using the third guy to throw up to ledges

Two teams exploring, around halfway though the day the third guy starts to pick up spread out Pikmins so the other two can continue to focus on their tasks.

KOPPAI NEEDS EFFICIENCY!

I'll probably ask this again closer to August 4th, but what's the verdict on control schemes? Particularly, how well does the gamepad hold up? I know the Wiimote + nunchuk is technically the best, but I don't want to balance my use of those controls with the gamepad. For a second run of the game I can see myself using whatever control scheme I didn't use the first time.

I'll probably ask this again closer to August 4th, but what's the verdict on control schemes? Particularly, how well does the gamepad hold up? I know the Wiimote + nunchuk is technically the best, but I don't want to balance my use of those controls with the gamepad. For a second run of the game I can see myself using whatever control scheme I didn't use the first time.

I started with Wiimote/Nunchuck (Gamepad in front of me for map and photo action), tried to play with it for 10 seconds. My reaction was
iqgeIwS.gif

and I never looked back.

dc89

Right, it's just updating and then I'm playing my first Pikmin game since the original on GameCube. :D

Oh, is there any way I can add a few people on the Nintendo Network, I'm kinda lonely at the moment :(

I'm using the gamepad so I can play in bed, haven't tried the Wiimote. It feels a little clumsy sometimes, aiming and movement both being on the left stick is a bit... clumsy. During intense moments at least.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Right, it's just updating and then I'm playing my first Pikmin game since the original on GameCube. :D

Oh, is there any way I can add a few people on the Nintendo Network, I'm kinda lonely at the moment :(

There's a google doc in this op:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=577053

Feel free to add me btw: nnid is the same as my gaf name

I haven't even tried gamepad only play, this game just seems perfect for wiimote/nunchuck to me. I use it quite heavy for go-to commands though.

I'm using the gamepad so I can play in bed, haven't tried the Wiimote. It feels a little clumsy sometimes, aiming and movement both being on the left stick is a bit... clumsy. During intense moments at least.

You can use Wiimote controls even with the Gamepad set up as the main screen.

Give it a try, comfy bed gaming shouldn't hinder your precision :)

I'll play the single player campaign with the gamepad, but I think the missus wants to use it during multiplayer, so I'll have to switch to Wiimote when we get around to it.

Top Bottom