• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 |OT| Starvation, Slavery, and Savage Creatures in a Cute, Colorful Package

D-e-f-

Banned
Random shot of awesome:

03k06.jpg

another one:
1lkdz.jpg

The Boat

One thing I noticed is that the completion time that appears in the credits doesn't add up with the time I actually played at all. I never left the game on pause for long long either. The credits said 8 hours (not even close to 100), but the save file said 15 or 16 iirc.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
One thing I noticed is that the completion time that appears in the credits doesn't add up with the time I actually played at all. I never left the game on pause for long long either. The credits said 8 hours (not even close to 100), but the save file said 15 or 16 iirc.

did you return to the past often?

My guess is, that this is the time you needed for the final boss.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Not even once. Edit: Actually, did it twice.

time stops counting in the final boss? But no, I took 3 in game days I think. Maybe it doesn't count the time when you're using the map? Or maybe it was some bug, it was a review copy and the game got an update as soon as it was released.

actually with the game paused it could stop the time...don't know!

time stops counting in the final boss? But no, I took 3 in game days I think. Maybe it doesn't count the time when you're using the map? Or maybe it was some bug, it was a review copy and the game got an update as soon as it was released.

You are right, it can´t be the bosstime, since i revisited his area for memos, which should add to the counter if it was for the boss, but the counter was actually lower the second time i beat the boss.
But it also can´t be the playtime, because it was lower when beating the boss the second time (11:xx vs 15:xx) and i had 3 more days when beating it the second time.

Also anybody noticed the completely empty (only some nectar eggs) water area on the map where charlie landed?
Maybe a scratched boss? Or related to the
secret memos
?

The Boat

You are right, it can´t be the bosstime, since i revisited his area for memos, which should add to the counter if it was for the boss, but the counter was actually lower the second time i beat the boss.
But it also can´t be the playtime, because it was lower when beating the boss the second time (11:xx vs 15:xx) and i had 3 more days when beating it the second time.

Also anybody noticed the completely empty (only some nectar eggs) water area on the map where charlie landed?
Maybe a scratched boss? Or related to the
secret memos
?
It's a mistery then!

JoeInky

whats this weight puzzle - is that the one with the tins on string? Thought you needed two captains for that. And you manage two teams while fighting a boss!?

Yeah that one, and not really, you have one captain gathering the parts of the bridge and destroying the wall to the boss whilst you have the other defeating the first wollywog and destroying the wall to the weight puzzle, then you switch back to the other captain and go defeat the boss.
By the time you walk back to the other captain the wall will be broken and you can go do the weight puzzle.

I've just beaten days 3 & 4 in my run, I really don't think it's possible to beat the vehemoth, bring back the mango, bring back the grapes and then go get the lime that requires 3 captains all in day 3 so I'm just going to continue onto the meerslug part now.

17 fruits collected in 4 days currently, I feel like the shortest time it can be completed in is around 10 or 11 days, maybe 8 or 9 for an any % run.

Alpha_eX

I'm 9 hours in and only on day 6, I keep replaying levels to get as much done as possible. Just about to do the sand pit boss, keep retrying because I'm trying to do other bits as well.

Farmboy

Got all of the
secret memo's
finally. Almost at 100% now. Can anyone point me in the direction of the Indigenous Life Memo's for the Dwarf Red Bulborb and the (Burrowing?) Snagret? Thanks!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
"caves" are only a tiny portion of the map (and not on every map), like any regular cave would be. No mutliple floors or shit like that that take forever

thanks god...I really hated that part in P2.
up to now (I'm only at day 6) I'm feeling that this P3 couild be the right balance between the first two episodes in terms of content, pace etc...

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Got my copy today from Flubit. It was sent via Hong Kong(!) and had no indication of where they got it from. It was a UK copy though. Will play tonight, my first Pikmin game so can't wait.

Shame you can't play the game from a different perspective. The top down view makes things harder to find than they should be. I also still find it really difficult to lock on even though I'm now using the wiimote, it just never works.

Right, I'm stumped on
Distant Tundra - The signal is coming from over here, looks like a dead end?

Shahadan

Shame you can't play the game from a different perspective. The top down view makes things harder to find than they should be. I also still find it really difficult to lock on even though I'm now using the wiimote, it just never works.

Right, I'm stumped on
Distant Tundra - The signal is coming from over here, looks like a dead end?

Huh...no it doesn't make things harder to find, and even if it did you can view the whole level on the tv by sliding the map on the pad.

For Tundra, could you post a pic? Or is it when
you have to break a wall using something

Huh...no it doesn't make things harder to find, and even if it did you can view the whole level on the tv by sliding the map on the pad.

I mean things like fruit hanging on trees overhead, they're only visible if you get the camera perfectly placed, otherwise you'd never know they were there.

It's in the area where there are two mushrooms round the outside. I'll try to get a pic from Miiverse.

Shahadan

I mean things like fruit hanging on trees overhead, they're only visible if you get the camera perfectly placed, otherwise you'd never know they were there.

But the camera itself shows you the fruits in those rare instances. Otherwise they're perfectly visible when you're somewhere where you can get them, as well as any time on the map :p
They can be hard to target with the gamepad though

JoeInky

It's in the area where there are two mushrooms round the outside. I'll try to get a pic from MiiVerse.

You could always just look at the map now and again, I thought most of the hanging ones were easy to see except the one in tropical wilds, had to check the map a few times for that one.

D-e-f-

Banned
Got my copy today from Flubit. It was sent via Hong Kong(!) and had no indication of where they got it from. It was a UK copy though. Will play tonight, my first Pikmin game so can't wait.

WOWHD, I guarantee you. They had Pikmin 3 for 27.99 GBP and they tend to ship from HK. Though it's weird that your copy arrived this quickly :D

That bad weather shot didn't sit well with me. Today was a little better so I snuck out again with my now unsealed copy and took some new glamor shots :D

Bear with me:

pikmin3getnew1juau6.png

pikmin3getnew2mvly0.png

edit: Yes, that's an actual Cupid's Grenade tree ;)

^I just had to do new shots :D
(from the new pick-up thread)

second one goes so well with the actual box art

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Probably missing something obvious, but how do you get back to the main menu (eg to play bingo battle) after you've been playing story mode?

Oidisco

When you're choosing a location to land on the map, click the "Earlier Day" icon. In that menu there should be an icon on the bottom left that lets you go back to the title screen

Randdalf

I just finished clearing out Tropical Wilds of all its fruit, took so many days. I also found the
Metal Suit Z
, is there stuff like this hidden in the other maps?

Also, the bridge coming across back to the SS Drake, near the mini-boss area, I couldn't for the life of me find the 2nd set of tiles to complete it. Are they hidden inside a mud pile or something? I had to walk around every time to get to the other side of the map, which is why it took so long for me to complete.

iMax

I think I'm at the last boss...
blobby gold-coloured slimy thing
. Struggling with it a bit, but main question is... once completed, can I carry on getting fruit and memos or should I 100% that before finishing the story? Thanks!

D-e-f-

Banned
So I guess all the drama was for nothing:
Europe - Early Pikmin 3 downloaders still eligible for 30% off deal18:41 30.07.2013, RawmeatCowboy, consoles, deals and finds, press releases, **********

Eligibility for 30% Discount on The Wonderful 101

Users who download Pikmin 3 from Nintendo eShop on Wii U up to and until 21/09/2013, 22:59 UTC [are eligible], even if the download was made before the official release date of Pikmin 3.

Both Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 have to be downloaded using the same Nintendo Network ID on the same Wii U console.

Both purchases through Nintendo eShop and redemption of Download Codes (e.g. purchased from retailers) are eligible for the promotion.

The Wonderful 101 has to be purchased by 21/09/2013, 22:59 UTC using the same Nintendo Network ID that Pikmin 3 was downloaded with.

Wonderful 101 Discount Prices
EUR: 49.99 / 34.99
GBP: 39.99 / 27.99
CHF: 64.90 / 44.90
RUB: 2029 / 1419

Nintendo Network Points for Pikmin 3 Download

Due to technical specifications, it was not possible to automatically process downloads made before the official release date of Pikmin 3. We are looking into a solution and thank you for your patience while we resolve this matter.

Link

Shahadan

I think I'm at the last boss...
blobby gold-coloured slimy thing
. Struggling with it a bit, but main question is... once completed, can I carry on getting fruit and memos or should I 100% that before finishing the story? Thanks!

You can't, since the game will require you to pick up an earlier day to get more fruits. Do it before the boss

Most excellent. As of today I have finished my two summer classes. I have off from work and school for the next three weeks. Can't wait to dive into Pikmin 3!

Top Bottom