• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 |OT| Starvation, Slavery, and Savage Creatures in a Cute, Colorful Package

Madouu

Got my NA copy this morning from Futureshop (Canada)
Aug 2nd, so is it 2 days early? before the digital bonus :p

Lucky you! seems like I won't have mine till Monday sadly. (QC)

2013/08/02 10:03 MISSISSAUGA Article en transit

Still says 08/02 for expected delivery but I don't think it's going to make it if it was still in ON at 10am.

Maybe it's already been posted but there's a Pikmin tote bag reward on NA ClubNintendo:

wKP2lOx.jpg

Haines

Banned
yea, around lunch. I hope you'll get your copy by the end of day. as it's a long weekend :O or you'll have to wait until tues ><

Yeah, its looking like Tuesday. Enjoy the game dude! Its sucked for us Canadians waiting while we watched every one else play! :p

Just realized that my copy of Pikmin, which comes out on Sunday, is due to arrive at my apartment a day later than my copy of Tales of Xilia, which comes out on Tuesday.

Oh, Amazon.

zroid

Banned
day -2 patch, SMH NINTENDO
:p

--

feels so good to be playing this finally. Just sucks that I can't take screenshots yet. Come on Reggie, put up the Miiverse community a couple days early, eh?

zroid

Banned
The little scenes of dialogue between leaders, which you can view in between story days are amazing/hilarious.

As punishment, you must hand-deliver your copy to me before Subday.

Sure... just let me finish writing "Pikmin 3" on this DVDR I have laying around and I'll be right over!

No, we get slips of paper folded in half. It's almost worse than nothing at all.

That's just for their 3DS games, I think. So far NOA has supplied genuine booklets for its Wii U games, although Pikmin 3's is definitely a truncated version of its digital manual.

(oh were you talking about what Europe gets? never mind, then!)

So is this Pikmin Anime talk real? It would be amazing actually. I also can see it boost sales, but if it comes it"ll be too late I guess.

Miyamoto said that for at least the past year, he personally has been more involved with the anime than the game development. They are making the anime for the 3DS by the way. But you'd think they'd have a non-3D version for Wii U at some point.

Effect

I'm really tempted to use my $30 credit and get the game from the eShop instead of waiting for a my order from NewEgg to ship. It hasn't processed yet so it's likely to go through Monday. Meaning I won't get it until Tuesday at the earliest if I'm lucky as I sometimes get items from NewEgg the next day. I've been going back and forth between this over the last few days. With the credit I can get the game for around $33 in the end after taxes plus the DDP points. From NewEgg because I used a promo code last year I'll be $48 but I'll have a physical copy (which is a plus) that I might be able to lend at some point. I can't decide what's the better deal in the end. I'm really leaning toward the digital version at this point and could end up going that way at the last minute.

Is there anyone other than me here that did the early release promotion with Gamestop that hasn't received their code yet? I should have known better than to trust them to get this right...

wKP2lOx.jpg

I just ordered this for my wife. She loves Pikmin and this is one of her most anticipated games this year. I hope I can get her the keychains too. We'll have to wait til next Friday to pick it up (along with Dragon Crown for me) but can't wait for a new games weekend :)

Rootbeer

Banned
dang it amazon... no release day delivery? even monday would be good enough for me... but no :( guess not.

I think i'll just cancel and buy it at gamestop or whatever. i'm sure they will have plenty

hwy_61

Banned
dang it amazon... no release day delivery? even monday would be good enough for me... but no :( guess not.

I think i'll just cancel and buy it at gamestop or whatever. i'm sure they will have plenty

How are they supposed to swing RDD, when UPS/FEDEX/USPS are not available?!

Unless you're not an American, then I have no idea how that works for you...

Social

8g2zyc5l.jpg

Finished it today, it was great but a lot of the pieces were way too easy to get. I guess they really had to rush it.

npa189

Why do we have to dance around with this Sunday release BS? obviously street dates are being broken, and the gamestop promotion. In other words I don't have any stores around me that would sell early and I'm sick of waiting...

Eusis

Why do we have to dance around with this Sunday release BS? obviously street dates are being broken, and the gamestop promotion. In other words I don't have any stores around me that would sell early and I'm sick of waiting...
It kind of frustrates me because a Friday release at least would mean we could get release date delivery from Amazon potentially.

... Of course, with their current bad blood I kind of expect the retort to be "yes, that's the point!"

Top Bottom