• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 |OT| Starvation, Slavery, and Savage Creatures in a Cute, Colorful Package

Cheska

Local mom and pop store was a bust, didn't get the game in :( Now to decide on if I want to go to Target tomorrow morning or wait until Gamestop opens up at 11.

Is anyone having a particular deal on this tomorrow?

It's downloading now. This is the first Wii U retail game I bought from the eShop.

Looks like Nintendo has fixed some of the slowness in downloading I've heard about?

I started the download 3 minutes ago and I've got 34 minutes left for the main game. That's about 14.4Mbit/second (for a 4 GB game)... I do have 50Mbit FiOS, so it isn't taking full advantage but 14.4 is okay I guess.

DarkWish

Started downloading it at midnight. Right now it's at 24% done, with 28 minutes to go. File size is 3948 MB. Not bad... Nintendo must have improved the download speeds. There's also an update that's downloading, not sure how big or how long that'll take.

Anth0ny

I just turned on my Wii U for the first time since November 2012. Updating my shit to be ready for 7:00 AM tomorrow. Wal-Mart, I'm coming for you.

I'M FUCKING HYPE I HAVE SOMETHING TO PLAY ON MY WII U

mohuerta

Started downloading it at midnight. Right now it's at 24% done, with 28 minutes to go. File size is 3948 MB. Not bad... Nintendo must have improved the download speeds. There's also an update that's downloading, not sure how big or how long that'll take.

Saw somewhere the update is ~90 megs

Divus

Seems to be downloading at 1.25MB/s here which is average for a eShop game for me. 1/3 my internets max speed.

Oh well at least it's half done already.

DarkWish

they need a smartphone app that allows this shop eshop by remote
They are working on that. They said you'll be able to browse and purchase content on the eShop from smartphones and PC's, and have it start downloading for you so it'll be ready when you get home. I think they said by the end of the year, though that part I'm not sure about.

Cbajd5

You guys are crazy skipping that boxart. Granted, it's going to be hard for me to resist knowing others are downloading and playing it tonight.

I can't believe I'll be playing Pikmin 3 tomorrow thought. Jesus. So hyped. All the impressions and reviews are glowing.

Don't forget all that sweet instruction manual art too. Which is why I'm a bit angry Nintendo hasn't put the instruction manual on their website yet...

Played two days so far, I love it. (If someone doesn't remember, my copy was from Nintendo World. No impossibly fast download speeds here.)

They are working on that. They said you'll be able to browse and purchase content on the eShop from smartphones and PC's, and have it start downloading for you so it'll be ready when you get home. I think they said by the end of the year, though that part I'm not sure about.

I remember something like that but hope it is unified and account based by that time with both WiiU and 3DS otherwise people will bitch loudly

zroid

Banned
I'm at day 10 or 11 now. I think my game clock is at about 5 hours. Done for today, but I'm very eager to get back into it tomorrow. I "wasted" a couple days exploring an area against the story flow, and in the most recent journal Alph was actually scolding me about it. :3

It's pretty impressive how the journal entries always seem to properly reflect what you've been doing, despite there being so much freedom in the order you can tackle things.

Raysoul

I have this game reserved at our local gamestore, but they haven't confirmed if they already have the stocks. I wish it won't be delayed :(

I'm at day 10 or 11 now. I think my game clock is at about 5 hours. Done for today, but I'm very eager to get back into it tomorrow. I "wasted" a couple days exploring an area against the story flow, and in the most recent journal Alph was actually scolding me about it. :3

It's pretty impressive how the journal entries always seem to properly reflect what you've been doing, despite there being so much freedom in the order you can tackle things.

That sounds really neat

guek

Banned
Downloading!!

vwMin.gif

Divus

Took exactly 1 hour 6 minutes and 30 seconds. The 2 minutes left hung for nearly 10 minutes. Seems to be slowing down as I downloaded.

Install is 7 minutes and waiting in the update.

Top Bottom