• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 |OT| Starvation, Slavery, and Savage Creatures in a Cute, Colorful Package

kubus

I have a feeling that this will be the game that will make me hate even more some specialized sites reviews.
I read the Polygon review and it was just... wrong. It says that the GamePad controls are inferior to the Wii Remote controls, but if you choose the Wii Remote controls, you're "giving up" the GamePad. In the end the game was mainly critisised for its bad controls and a lack of online multiplayer.

I must have a special copy of Pikmin 3 that allowed me to use both the Wii Remote and the GamePad at the same time!

Edit: Customer just came in to buy a 25 euro eShop voucher. Fangirled about Pikmin 3. In the end he walked out with 50 euro eShop credit. Doing your marketing for you, Nintendo.

Randdalf

Going to start the challenge mode later today after not playing it for the last few days. Not sure I'm so interested in the Boss Rush though.

zroid

Banned
I just want to restate the importance of reading the dialogue scenes and encyclopaedia/journal entries whenever possible. This game is extremely well-written. Treehouse did another amazing job (assuming it was a Treehouse project).

I have no idea, but I think its because I've been in and out of the hospital for the better part of a year, and I'm guessing they're all in some unpacked box somewhere. That being said, I couldn't find them anywhere after searching for a half hour. :/

ah that sucks dude as someone who spends a lot of time in hospitals I understand how home life can become secondary

I think the only reason stopping me from using chucks is battery life

I am spoiled by my plugged in gamepad

CrisKre

Around hafway through. This game. This fucking game. It gets better and better. It's my game of the year so far. The Last of us got nutin on this. YAAAAASSSSSS!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The amount of polish this game has (story, characters, bosses, most of the visuals, lighting) is incredible. I really love it. The missions (both co-op and single) will keep me busy for a while until I get all the platinums.

Risgroo

EASemgY.jpg

THIS FUCKING GAME! Best in the series, by far. Now I just need to collect the rest of the fruit...

pa22word

Is 31 days the time limit for this game? I'm kinda taking my time and enjoying the game, and I don't want to be screwed down the line because of it.

zroid

Banned
Is 31 days the time limit for this game? I'm kinda taking my time and enjoying the game, and I don't want to be screwed down the line because of it.

You can think of the game as not having a time limit, but rather your survival depending on the amount of resources you find. If you don't find enough fruit, you lose, basically.

It's...finally out today....

Gotta spend a day out in the city with the parents first, but then it'll be all mine for the night. I am so pumped.

MAX PAYMENT

Picking up my copy within the hour. So tired of dudebro, guns, and "realism." I can't wait to play a game that's only purpose is to be fun without gore and violence.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Picking up my copy within the hour. So tired of dudebro, guns, and "realism." I can't wait to play a game that's only purpose is to be fun without gore and violence.

Well, there is quite a lot of violence in it. No gore, but the sound of the little pikmins die is more disturbing than everything else in the M rated games.

CoolS

Well, there is quite a lot of violence in it. No gore, but the sound of the little pikmins die is more disturbing than everything else in the M rated games.
The fifth boss man, the fifth boss. I'm going to have nightmares tonight about that. So many Pikmin souls lost...

I'm going to go on and say that I think it's bullshit that Gamestops don't open until 12 on Sundays and Wal-Mart doesn't stock new games until Tuesday.

grrrrr

sphinx

the piano man
this game should have been on shelves here in Germany like a week ago and it's nowhere to be seen.

anyone knows what's up with that?

Frodo

I am reading a lot of..."My friend and I...". This has Co Op of sorts?

Yes. Mission mode.

Talking about mission, I'm loving it... Though it is hard as hell to Platinum by yourself... I'm gonna go out now to see if I can find some random stranger on the streets to play with me. brb.

Top Bottom