• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 |OT| Starvation, Slavery, and Savage Creatures in a Cute, Colorful Package

Frodo

I doubt I'll find anything. Mini-games can't hold my attention.

Wait until you play Donkey Kong's Crash Course... Or even the Pikmin attraction... Metroid is also awesome (specially when playing with the Wii Mote).

Edit:

Donkey Kong's Crash Course | The Dark Souls of Nintendo Land

See? :D

Superb. Congrats. Read up on the zombiU glitches before u dive in. I don't believe they've been patched (I could be wrong) and a couple of them are game breaking. Still an amazing game.

It was patched as far as I know... But google it just in case...

MAX PAYMENT

Well, there is quite a lot of violence in it. No gore, but the sound of the little pikmins die is more disturbing than everything else in the M rated games.
. That made me laugh out loud in some girl clothes store my gf is dragging me through on tax free weekend. My copy is in the car!

Donkey Kong's Crash Course | The Dark Souls of Nintendo Land
They are more like arcade games than mini-games.

I was blown away, and I didn't even like Wii Sports.
Wait until you play Donkey Kong's Crash Course... Or even the Pikmin attraction... Metroid is also awesome (specially when playing with the Wii Mote).

Edit:

See? :D
Huh. I'll give it a go, but I have the same problem with arcade games that I do mini-games. They just don't hold my attention. Any XBLA I've ever downloaded I've always struggled to finish.
Superb. Congrats.
Thanks! Two things I'm surprised about so far:
1. I didn't know the Wii U used blu-ray discs. I had assumed it was DVD.
2. Apparently there's no ethernet port? Checked the manual and all around the console and didn't see it. I find that strange. Using wireless isn't going to be much of a problem because I'm at home, but the wireless back at my apartment is really slow. >.<

Onikaan

Here's my haul for the day. :D

nbV21ld.jpg

Got DKCR coming in the mail for me too.

How much did that total at, Dax?

If you don't mind me askin'.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Going to pick it up today...I feel guilty, but this is the first time I've played the Wii U since January. :X

I'm wondering, in vague spoilers, what are all the stuff you can do to 100% the game? Like what objectives should I do.

Onikaan

I've been putting off getting a Wii U for a while now.

I was going to wait until October for WW HD, but Pikmin 3 looks awesome.

It is time.

Dicer

Banned
$562.50. I didn't spend any money though; had enough store credit at GameStop to cover everything due to some earlier trade-ins.

Damn...

OT: Friggin LOVING this, I'm trying to take it slow don't wanna burn though in one day...

It was cute to find a data packet from
Captain Olimar

Akey

Banned
Just picked this game up. Unrelated rant but how does gamestop stay in business. They only had one extra pikmin 3 in because someone canceled their preorder. What the point of the only games you get in are preorders to be a b&m store? It was like this for the last few games I have bought from them. Anyway time to start this

Going to pick it up today...I feel guilty, but this is the first time I've played the Wii U since January. :X

I'm wondering, in vague spoilers, what are all the stuff you can do to 100% the game? Like what objectives should I do.
Collect all fruit(you can beat the game without getting all fruit) and some secret stuff(which is having the name 'secret' in them in the game as well, you will find out).

You'd have to trade your soul, your first born son, and 15 virgins to GameStop to get that kind of credit.
Or about a dozen or so games and an iPad. :p
Dax... Should I do the same? I'm still a bit torn.
If you have $600 lying around, I say go for it. You said you already had a Wii U, right? You could trade the second one in and put whatever money you get towards a PS4 or XB1 when you get your first one back.
awww yeah :D
Currently charging the gamepad while I have lunch. Then I'll dive in!

ASIS

If you have $600 lying around, I say go for it. You said you already had a Wii U, right? You could trade the second one in and put whatever money you get towards a PS4 or XB1 when you get your first one back.!

It's going to cost less than $600, probably $500 with a basic Wii U pack, Pikmin 3, and Wiimote + Nunchuck + Sensor bar.

.. I think I'll do it. And as you said, I'll sell it once I'm done with it.

plank

If you have $600 lying around, I say go for it. You said you already had a Wii U, right? You could trade the second one in and put whatever money you get towards a PS4 or XB1 when you get your first one back.

It's going to cost less than $600, probably $500 with a basic Wii U pack, Pikmin 3, and Wiimote + Nunchuck + Sensor bar.

I don't get it. Buy a WiiU when you already have a WiiU then trade that WiiU in?

ASIS

I don't get it. Buy a WiiU when you already have a WiiU then trade that WiiU in?

A few pages back

It's back home, and it's NTSC. Didn't bring any of the consoles because of the amount of luggage I had. I thought I could get it shipped and download the games here (switzerland) but that turned out to be much harder than I thought. So now I either wait until October or, as I said, buy a cheap basic Wii U for this and W101.

What's worse is that I've been seeing Pikmin 3 copies all over the place for over a week, but I can't buy it :(.

I don't want to throw money just like that, and they are only video games after all. But I really, really want this game, but you probably know that already. :p

zroid

Banned
Currently charging the gamepad while I have lunch. Then I'll dive in!

If you haven't already, try to get the annoying day 1 system update taken care of too. You may be able to skip it, but you'll probably want the Miiverse support for taking screenshots.

kubus

I am reading a lot of..."My friend and I...". This has Co Op of sorts?
There is a 2-player mode called Bingo Battle, but no coop mode either online or offline.
Actually, there is a co-op mode. Bingo Battle is VS, Mission Mode can be played solo or co-op with one friend.

You can either go treasure hunting (grab all the treasures in a stage before time's up, this can get really hectic), defeat monsters or beat bosses. I can't remember if there's another mode... I only played Treasure Hunt so far.

Give it a go if you know someone who would want to play with you. I'm blown away by how crazy awesome Mission Mode is in co-op!

uberluigi

Banned
Heading to my local gamestop to get my copy. Didn't pre order mine what are the chances they only have pre order ones available?

Gotta be careful how you sell it back. If it's to a Gamestop in Switzerland, make sure that credit is valid overseas!
If you haven't already, try to get the annoying day 1 system update taken care of too. You may be able to skip it, but you'll probably want the Miiverse support for taking screenshots.
Eh. Might as well go ahead and do it. It says it's downloading data for the update, and looks like this will take a while...dang.

I didn't know you could use the Gamepad to control your TV! That's so neat. Looks like I'll have to get a screen protector for the pad too.
Heading to my local gamestop to get my copy. Didn't pre order mine what are the chances they only have pre order ones available?

Apparently a lot of Gamestops aren't getting a lot of copies in (or enough). I got the only copy of Pikmin 3 at my Gamestop that wasn't a pre-order. If there's a Target, or a Best Buy, or a Wal-Mart nearby I'd try there first.

kubus

Our store in Europe didn't get any extra copies either. Only the pre-ordered ones. As seems to be ALWAYS the case with Nintendo releases (Fire Emblem, Mario & Luigi, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Lego City, just to name a few).

chronosic

Just started this up and I have to say the plant life looks amazing! I threw a pikmin at a dandelion and just watched the seeds float away for a good minute. So pretty!

Frodo

Did everything perfect on my Mission to get a Platinum. Somehow a cherry stayed behind. A single stupid cherry. <o>

Kinsei

Banned
Loving the game so far. I played for a couple hours and made it to day 9.

Mini-boss spoilers
Damn you Shaggy Long Legs! Along with the WTF moment when it jumped down it went into the water to shake off my pikmin (RIP). Can't wait until I get some blue Pikmin to kick it's ass.

Yuterald

Game's incredible. So impressed by all the little changes/details they've made since Pikmin 1/2. Such a nice day out today too. Opened my windows because it's cooler today and there's a nice breeze. Perfect blue sky Sunday Nintendo game-time. Feels good!

This game looks awesome but I haven't finished Earthbound yet and I'll be out of town and getting married/honeymooning for a while.

What to do, what to do...

Doorman

Well that was fun. Was watching my friend stream the early goings of the game and he just ragequit on the first boss. I'm honestly not sure if he's ever going to pick the game back up again. The reason: lack of swarming, because he got annoyed about having to throw pikmin to get them to do things, and because he believes that if he could swarm, he could get his pikmin to dodge out of the way of the boss' primary attack.

Personally I just think he's being kind of a baby, but has this been a serious problem for others starting up the game? I know you get the dodge and charge moves eventually, but how long do you have to go to reach that point?

Top Bottom