• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

Well, what I've seen from the world is super interesting, but if they create more games in the universe I'd love for them to completely skip the Middle-earth fantasy aspects and create something super exotic that's never been seen before.

aw naw, give all the stereotypical western rpg goodness. we'll have the ninth world and wasteland 2's wasteland to satisfy our more specific rpg needs.

edit: does somebody know what comics he is referring to?
if he's talking about bioware's cheap marketing machinery that gave birth to things like the mass effect comics (and other stuff like N7 sneakers) I am slightly upset

aw naw, give all the stereotypical western rpg goodness. we'll have the ninth world and wasteland 2's wasteland to satisfy our more specific rpg needs.

if he's talking about bioware's cheap marketing machinery that gave birth to things like the mass effect comics (and other stuff like N7 sneakers) I am slightly upset

40237-Why-not-both-gif-69vC.gif

FACE

Banned

I think he's talking about stuff like the Baldur's Gate's and PS:T's novelizations(which were apparently awful).

Purkake4

Banned
Well, what I've seen from the world is super interesting, but if they create more games in the universe I'd love for them to completely skip the Middle-earth fantasy aspects and create something super exotic that's never been seen before.
Still waiting for that Call of Cthulhu Horror RPG...

I think he's talking about stuff like the Baldur's Gate's and PS:T's novelizations(which were apparently awful).
The unofficial PST novelization is surprisingly good.

Syraxith

that's not better then.
I never thought about P:E becoming a franchise like this. should we be worried?

I remember one of the devs did state that they'd be interested in doing a Project Eternity open-world type action RPG spinoff series once/if game takes off into a successful franchise.

FACE

Banned
Almost all of our crafting recipes are used to either create consumables or to add/upgrade properties on existing items. Outside of special quests (which aren't part of the crafting system), we don't intend to use the system to make non-consumable equipment items.

:)

Labadal

Obsidian are great when it comes to writing companions. Having Chris Avellone go through the thought process about how they handle companions has been one of the more interesting Eternity related reads. My favorite update so far. I recommend you guys to read it if you have any interest in stuff like this. There are no character spoilers, it's about companions in general and how they fit in the world.

New update is promising, especially the part of them saying that'll all of your companions will be introduced at the half-way point of the game.
They're right, it does kinda suck when a companion shows up towards the end of the game, when you've already built up relationships with your other companions.

Kimaka

Great update. I always enjoy when they talk about their writing process. The way they try to build their characters or dialogue options are usually in line with what I want out of an RPG.

:I

:p

I think the reason I'm getting Torment vibes is because of how detailed the characters are, even if the screen seem to be zoomed out more than in Torment. That's what separated torment from the other CRPGs of the time graphically in a positive way. It looks like we'll get those highly detailed, hopefully great looking character designs with both PE and Torment 2.

Labadal

They be teasing us. It screen looks good. it got me really excited. I wonder how I will feel when I see a gameplay video.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
:I

:p

I think the reason I'm getting Torment vibes is because of how detailed the characters are, even if the screen seem to be zoomed out more than in Torment. That's what separated torment from the other CRPGs of the time graphically in a positive way. It looks like we'll get those highly detailed, hopefully great looking character designs with both PE and Torment 2.

Personally I think I get a Torment vibe because of the prominent use of circular architecture :p

;_____;

It's really happening, we're finally getting a proper CRPG.

Love this monster:

pe-wicht-580.jpg

"Wichts are the bodies of children that were born without souls, grew to adolescence, and were then possessed by a malevolent lost soul or soul fragment that has been artificially inserted through animancy. This process arrests their physical development and transforms their outward appearance, leaving no doubt as to what they are."

zkylon

zkylewd
I really really really enjoy the numbered responses so you can just press a key to say them

I always appreciate not having to use mouse for everything

Top Bottom