• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball FX 2 |OT|

bj00rn_

Banned
Uf, loved Pinball FX, but for some reason FX2 just rubs me the wrong way.. 800 per table, overcrowded tables, unrealistic graphics and animations, annoying music, annoying voices, and trial tables with timed annoy-screens which actually does not send you back to the main menu afterward. I don't know..

bj00rn_ said:
Uf, loved Pinball FX, but for some reason FX2 just rubs me the wrong way.. 800 per table, overcrowded tables, unrealistic graphics and animations, annoying music, annoying voices, and trial tables with timed annoy-screens which actually does not send you back to the main menu afterward. I don't know..

Isn't it 800 points for all the new tables?

bj00rn_ said:
It's 800 for 4 tables. Not a bad deal at all. I think FX2 is better than the 1st.

I like how everything is connected now, your score across all the tables, the friends popups, it is just so cohesive and makes me want to keep playing. Very good job.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I like how everything is connected now, your score across all the tables, the friends popups, it is just so cohesive and makes me want to keep playing. Very good job.
I agree with all that except for the bolded, I get annoyed by that stuff. I'd rather check the leaderboard after than be distracted during. Fortunately there's an option to turn it off.

Dizzy-4U

If anyone wants to add me, my gt is Dizzy4U . I'm missing two tables but I'll buy them as soon as I get more space points.

I'm a terrible player btw, but I'm enjoying the game a lot :D

Neuromancer said:
It's 800 for 4 tables. Not a bad deal at all. I think FX2 is better than the 1st.

Yeah, it's 800 for set of four tables. I didn't mind the special effect too much because I always feel that this is "video game" pinball and not simulation of real pinball table (like Pinball Hall of Fame). The physics is much improve and though I do agree that UI is a bit cluster mess it's certainly better than the first and I like all the leaderboard and friend score challenge.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Dizzy-4U said:
If anyone wants to add me, my gt is Dizzy4U . I'm missing two tables but I'll buy them as soon as I get more space points.

I'm a terrible player btw, but I'm enjoying the game a lot :D

Need some people on my friends list with this! add me: gamertag = Malholio

Sent invites for both.

C4Lukins

I am in the Beta, can I not get friend invites from people outside of it? Someone sent me one last nite but I could not find the message to accept it.

Dizzy-4U

Shurs said:
If you want someone to compete with on the leaderboards, hit me up on XBL, my Gamertag is Shurs.
Parallax Scroll said:
Mine is ParallaxScroll. I had a lot of fun competing with gaffers on Pinball Hall of Fame; it would be fun to do the same here.
Zachack said:
Also, GT: Zachack
Dai Kaiju said:
*sigh* I don't think a single person on my current friend list is going to get this. If anyone could add me for leaderboards competion that would be awesome.

GT: Snuggle Mantis.
Atomski said:
Pretty sure no one on my friends list will buy it either. You can add Taco Nathan but I am sure I will have awful scores :p
blackMamba1187 said:
None of my friends have the original, or will get this, so I need new friends for leaderboards and such, as well. I'm pretty terrible so have fun destroying me. :D

GT: blackMamba187
cjelly said:
Add me for Leaderboards!

Gt: CrunchinJelly

I have all tables bar the new 4 pack... Which I might get later. :p

Baka Zeitgeist said:
My GT is Luse666, and I'll be seeing you all on the leaderboards.
jizzlobber said:
my gt is swinging udders
add me :D
C4Lukins said:
I need more friends to compete with. Gamertag: C4Lukin
Bru said:
See you online :D

Gamertag: bru
Mr YuYu said:
I need some friends to compete with! Have to say i'm not that good though.

Add me: Mr YuYu
Sending invites at this moment. Don't worry, I'll probably be at the bottom of the leaderboards in every table :(

Let's have a little contest.

The 2 NeoGAF players with the highest combined scores on the four new tables (Pasha, Rome, Biolab, Secrets of the Deep), plus the NeoGAF player with the highest TrueSkill rank as of 12AM PST (GMT-800) on November 11 (edit: November 15) will get a free code for the next Pinball FX 2 content pack when it's available (looks to be this year).

To keep things competitive, you have to post your gamertag by Nov. 4 to be eligible, so that people can see what scores they need to beat well in advance of the closing date.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Open Source said:

The 2 NeoGAF players with the highest combined scores on the four new tables (Pasha, Rome, Biolab, Secrets of the Deep), plus the NeoGAF player with the highest TrueSkill rank as of 12AM PST (GMT-800) on November 11 will get a free code for the next Pinball FX 2 content pack when it's available (looks to be this year).

To keep things competitive, you have to post your gamertag by Nov. 4 to be eligible, so that people can see what scores they need to beat well in advance of the closing date.
Sounds good.

GT: Bacon McShig

(If anyone else wants to add me, go ahead.)

Open Source said:

The 2 NeoGAF players with the highest combined scores on the four new tables (Pasha, Rome, Biolab, Secrets of the Deep), plus the NeoGAF player with the highest TrueSkill rank as of 12AM PST (GMT-800) on November 11 will get a free code for the next Pinball FX 2 content pack when it's available (looks to be this year).

Wow, this sounds great, even though I'm sure I'll be near the bottom of the rankings! Feel free to add me, Pinball-GAF!

GT: Reluctant Hero (just write GAF in your request)

see5harp

Open Source said:

Okay I'm down. Just put GAF in your request. see5harp

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Open Source said:

Sounds great.

GT: SCHUEY F1

jvm

Gamasutra.
I'd like to know how folks who really love PHoF (Xbox 360 or PS3) feel about Pinball FX 2, especially with respect to Zen Pinball's physics and feel. Zen's tables simply didn't have the right feel, and while I don't regret buying Zen, I do think it offers weak value for what you get in PHoF.

(I'm a PS3 owner, but I feel that what we seen in Pinball FX/FX 2 will eventually show up in Zen somehow...)

zorbsie

I want in too - GT: zorbs
Anything for the guy at the bottom of the pack? It'll probably be me :lol

Was there any confirmation on the marvel table?

Ronabo

Ok, I want the avatar awards. So I guess I need more people on my friends list that are gonna be playing this. I just have the FX1 tables for now, but I'll get the FX2 tables as soon as I get more points.

GT= Ronabo

jvm said:
I'd like to know how folks who really love PHoF (Xbox 360 or PS3) feel about Pinball FX 2, especially with respect to Zen Pinball's physics and feel. Zen's tables simply didn't have the right feel, and while I don't regret buying Zen, I do think it offers weak value for what you get in PHoF.

(I'm a PS3 owner, but I feel that what we seen in Pinball FX/FX 2 will eventually show up in Zen somehow...)

Wait, you don't have a 360?

jvm said:

It's vastly superior to FX 1 and Zen, and nowhere near as good as PHoF.

I just sent a ton of friend requests out. My Gt is yankeeh8er my wife also has the game and sent a ton of fr's out. Her Gt is MRS B0B L0BLAW with zeros for the o's. I am hoping to get enough friends to hit a wizard score of 100,000 to unlock all the avatar awards.

Edit: Fixed a typo in my GT.

jvm

Gamasutra.
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Wait, you don't have a 360?
No. Why?

Parallax Scroll said:
Uggggh. :| We need more PHoF badly, but I'll weigh my options if/when they decide to update Zen. Thanks, Parallax Scroll.
You *know* I was fishing for your opinion, right? :)

yankeehater said:
I just sent a ton of friend requests out. My Gt is yankeehater my wife also has the game and sent a ton of fr's out. Her Gt is MRS B0B L0BLAW with zeros for the o's. I am hoping to get enough friends to hit a wizard score of 100,000 to unlock all the avatar awards.
I sent your wife a friend request, but xbox.com says your GT is invalid.

jvm said:
Uggggh. :| We need more PHoF badly, but I'll weigh my options if/when they decide to update Zen. Thanks, Parallax Scroll.
You *know* I was fishing for your opinion, right? :)
It's still worth playing IMO.

I figured I was one of the people you wanted to chime in. :)

I sent a bunch of friend requests to people in the thread since none of my friends have even bought the game. If anyone else wants to add me for some leaderboard competition (or lack thereof), my GT is Absoludacrous

BTW, the game does have rulesheets for the tables; they're just well hidden. Load up a table, go to the pause menu, then help & options, then rulesheet. They don't go into a ton of detail, so there's some stuff I haven't figured out how to do yet, but it's better than nothing.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
a contest?

gt: armedcatfish

this game is pulling me away from the dark world runs on meatboy currently. it's excellent.

Something about this game finally clicked with me. I dunno if it's the improved physics or what, but I went from never doing better than a couple million in FX 1 and Zen to getting 20-30 million on tables. It's pretty awesome when things click and you got multi-balls flying everywhere.

Ronabo

Ok I bought the FX2 tables and I sent out a few friend requests. If you want to add me as a friend my gamertag is the same as my username.

added everyone.

just purchased the core tables, only played Pasha so far but it's REALLY cool... I just don't know what i'm doing, especially when I open that book.

will get stuck into the others later, the fx1 tables won't get a look in now! :lol

thundr51

I finally picked this up this weekend. Feel free to add me. I could use the help with scores... GT ThundR

Anybody got any general tips? So far the best i've done was about 10M on Biolab. Rome seems to be the worst, only about 1.5M there.

thundr51 said:
I finally picked this up this weekend. Feel free to add me. I could use the help with scores... GT ThundR

Anybody got any general tips? So far the best i've done was about 10M on Biolab. Rome seems to be the worst, only about 1.5M there.

Yeah Rome seems to be the hardest of the new tables to score on, try lighting up "CONQUER" by hitting the 2 ramps, then shoot for the hole under the head, that will start up a military campaign which should get some more points(haven't managed to complete one yet, but got up to 6mil+ doing this).

Also I'm up for the comp, GT AJ4Seven anyone who wants to add me go ahead.

CaLe

Quite addicted to the game now and got all the tables. It's the perfect game to play when listening to a podcast or something. Gamertag is Zandatsu if anyone wants a friend for leaderboard stuff.

Parallax Scroll said:
After playing some of this yesterday, and a lot of Hall of Fame in the past, this is so, so true. Hall of Fame feels vastly superior, and although I enjoy FX2, it's not even close in feel.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Huh, my buddy cannot play the new tables on the same xbox they were purchased on by me. I bought/downloaded the unlock key on the system, but when he logs in with his gamertag, it shows the tables are still trial tables.

Did they use their in-game store system to get around XBLA "naturalization" for games being played on the original system they were downloaded to if offline / by another player?

see5harp

Really thought I was doing well by getting ahead of parallax but then i accepted a few requests and i am again way behind someone. Starting to warm up to Rome after figuring out how to defend against some of the danger. Can anyone let me know which DLC tables to get? I dislike the extreme sprts table and love the car one if that helps.

My tag is Antiquegamer.

I will add people on here today.

To Jvm, I like Pinball Hall of Fame and can't wait for (if ever) the remake of the Gotlieb collection for 360/PS3 but FX2 is fun and way better than FX1 when it come to physic.

Top Bottom