• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

Seeing this thread just made me want Pizza for dinner. Seriously, a good pizza is one of the best eating experience in life. :) There is this place near my house that makes my favorite. Thin crust with onions. I'm a simple man.

I don't know what it is about this place, but the combination of their sauce which just strikes me as perfect, and the way they make their crust, oh gawd. I can't wait!

a81bd75b.jpg

CrankyJay

Banned
Just cheated on my diet with a slice of steak pizza and another slice of pepperoni....mmmmm...

At least I went to the gym this morning. Worth it.

Slizz

what cheese(s) do you guys go for when making pizza at home? the combination of parmesan and mozzarella works best for me.

Shredded provolone and mozzarella is a combo I use a lot. Makes for really stretchy cheese.

I buy $2 8-cuts from Aldi's every week. So cheap and tasty for the price. All my local restaurants have declined in quality severely, one of them charges almost 34 dollars for a large pizza and the other's pizza is almost as thin as a piece of paper

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Anyone like Costco pizza? I love that stuff.

I mean, we have Pizza Bianco here, which has been repeatedly called the best pizza in the United States. It is great pizza, but sometimes I just love dat Costco supreme. Know what I'm sayin?

No joke I bought my Costco membership in part because of how much GAF said I would like Costco pizza. The crust is terrible and it's generally a greasy mess. Still buy it from time to time though, good price for what you get.

GhaleonEB

No joke I bought my Costco membership in part because of how much GAF said I would like Costco pizza. The crust is terrible and it's generally a greasy mess. Still buy it from time to time though, good price for what you get.

You must have a poor Costco; the crust is a highlight at mine. Really good texture and taste.
Not my best effort but it'll do. It'll do.

i4BNIwNhTGlms.jpg

Looks great; that's how well done I like the cheese as well, with the crispy top.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
You must have a poor Costco; the crust is a highlight at mine. Really good texture and taste.
Maybe, the crust at mine is always super spongy and thick and just absorbs all that grease.

Looks great; that's how well done I like the cheese as well, with the crispy top.

It looks nice and charred and cheesy and crispy and doughy. It looks good.

Thanks. I like my crust to be a little more browned though, should have left it in for another minute or 2.

madmackem

Had a great pizza last night from Asda (UK) it was called the American Sizzler. It had a thin base and crust, chicken, pepperoni, chili beef and jalapenos. It was really delicious and only £2.50 as well.

You shouldve got the bigger 14" one for a pound more or £1.50 more with a big bottle of coke. They do great pizzas the stone baked base is epic.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Anyone ever been to Mystic Pizza (yes, like the crappy movie) in Connecticut? I don't even recall it being that great (I think it's nostalgia), and I haven't been there in like eight years, but damn if this doesn't look good right now:

AbIn1.jpg

Seanspeed

Banned
Anyone ever been to Mystic Pizza (yes, like the crappy movie) in Connecticut? I don't even recall it being that great (I think it's nostalgia), and I haven't been there in like eight years, but damn if this doesn't look good right now:

AbIn1.jpg

Too much burnt cheese.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
When I was in Minneapolis with my partner on vacation, we ate a margherita extra pizza at Punch. It was the best motherfucking pizza I've ever ate in my life. Good lord.

MrBig

Too much burnt cheese.

Looks just perfect to me, as opposed to the wet-ish falling appart nature of the cheese in that muscle pizza pictured above. The browning (when done right) adds flavor and holds the cheese together, preventing the cheese from being pulled off when you bite

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
When I was in Minneapolis with my partner on vacation, we ate a margherita extra pizza at Punch. It was the best motherfucking pizza I've ever ate in my life. Good lord.

i've been to punch pizza and i do love it. it's probably the best neapolitan style pie i've ever had. a picture, for reference--it has the same problem a lot of neapolitan pizzas have, i.e., that it can get a little soupy because of their demand for uncooked, unmessed-with tomato sauces, that always get a little watery for my taste.

still, awesome pizza.

Seanspeed

Banned
Looks just perfect to me, as opposed to the wet-ish falling appart nature of the cheese in that muscle pizza pictured above. The browning (when done right) adds flavor and holds the cheese together, preventing the cheese from being pulled off when you bite
I simply despise the taste of burnt cheese. I dont knock points off a pizza just cuz it doesn't stay together well. Its like knocking hot wings cuz they're messy. Kinda just part of the game for me.

I simply despise the taste of burnt cheese. I dont knock points off a pizza just cuz it doesn't stay together well. Its like knocking hot wings cuz they're messy. Kinda just part of the game for me.
I love it. I'll put extra cheese on a grill or in a pan just to burn the fuck out of it. I scrape burned cheese off a pan after cooking a burger or grilled cheese. So damn good.

Recarpo

Bad quality cell phone pic and post cut, but I made a ham and apple pizza, somebody had suggested they made one earlier in the thread.

New crust recipe and cooked on a recently bought pizza stone and it was just fantastic. I'm not sure what the best apples would be for something like this, though. I used granny smith for this one but I think I may end up trying a sweeter apple next time.

lunchtoast

Just had a Oetker mushroom pizza. It was so good. Thin, flaky crust. Went really well drizzled with some olive oil. First time having the brand.

Top Bottom