• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

Clockwork

cause there hasnt been a pic posted in a while
pizza.jpg

That looks sooooooo goood.

I'm hungry too.

:(

There should be a big warning before entering the thread. I ate Pizza yesterday and today. All because I checked into this thread. Oh sigh.

logo.png

Best damn pizza.

MainStuffedFiveMeat.sflb.ashx

I had this a few months ago when I visited my girl in Cali(I'm from NC). I wanted pizza and we see a Papa Murphy's coming up. I asked her if it's good and she said yeah it is. So we go in there and although I didn't notice any ovens or the smell of cooked pizza, it didn't hit me yet that this was a take and bake place. We order and after we leave to kill some time, she finally tells me. I got kind of upset at her because I really wanted pizza and the idea in my head was that this stuff would be no better then any other take and bake pizza you would get at Walmart. But we get back to her brothers place and cook it. Turns out I loved it, I mean I really liked it. It's by far the best take and bake pizza I've ever had. I couldn't believe how well it turned out. The crust was just right, which I didn't think a home oven could do. I'm guessing the home oven wasn't anything special, so I assume they make there pizza in a way that cooks very well in home ovens? Well whatever it is, I really liked it. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who lives near one.

EDIT: Oh shit, I just realized there in one where I live. But I'm on a diet right now, damn it. I gotta be strong, at least I know what will be waiting for me whenever I reach my goal. Or whenever I quit, either way it I will definitely be paying that place a visit sometime this year. Just out of curiosity. If you've bought pizza from Papa Murphy's before, how did it turn out in your home oven?

Quackula

Man this thread had me wanting to give making my own pizza from scratch a shot, like right now.

Then I looked around and discovered that I had no tomato sauce of any kind.

A sad day.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
logo.png

Best damn pizza.

MainStuffedFiveMeat.sflb.ashx

We have one of those that is walking distance from my house. We can start at home, order a pizza there, rent a movie from the place next door, pick the pizza back up, and be home in 10-15 minutes.

The stuffed pizzas like you pictured are good but I always overeat when I get them. We really like the Chicken Mediterranean Delite, though. Sadly, their "normal" pizzas are not good at all in my experience; quality is much worse than the stuffed or delite options.

We only go there for convenience, though, as there are two other local spots a few miles away that are really good.

4c1423be.jpg

I need to get a pizza paddle but a cookie pan works fine :)

7121ad21.jpg

This was epic :p

07b98caf.jpg

And yes that is cheesy crust :p

What cheese did you use for the cheesy crust?
I'm considering making a cheesy crust pizza this weekend, but I'm worried the cheese might not end up melting - so any tips would be great.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Pizza shop trolled me. I asked for cheese fries. I got some cheese fries pizza. I was like, why the hell are the cheese fries close to $20?

7805231528_b0296ec50a_b.jpg

Pizza shop trolled me. I asked for cheese fries. I got some cheese fries pizza. I was like, why the hell are the cheese fries close to $20?

LOL! Yeah i'd say you got trolled hard there. That's pretty funny. If they added some ground sausage to that i think it'd be pretty bad ass. Doesn't look like there's any tomato sauce. So just crust, cheese, and french fries?

Looks great, how long and what temperatures ?

Oven on 275 C (527 fahrenheit) degrees. I threw down the pizza on skillet of the highest temperature, quickly threw on sauce, cheese, a dash of olive oil, and then put the skillet with the pizza in for 4-5 minutes as high up as possible in my own.
Afterwards I put it back on the stovetop to give he bottom a bit of a char (just a minute or two).

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Oven on 275 C (527 fahrenheit) degrees. I threw down the pizza on skillet of the highest temperature, quickly threw on sauce, cheese, a dash of olive oil, and then put the skillet with the pizza in for 4-5 minutes as high up as possible in my own.
Afterwards I put it back on the stovetop to give he bottom a bit of a char (just a minute or two).

Thanks I'll be trying this soon. :)

Hottest my oven goes is 500F. So I'll have to make that work. I typically bake my pies at 450 on a pizza stone.

Thanks I'll be trying this soon. :)

Hottest my oven goes is 500F. So I'll have to make that work. I typically bake my pies at 450 on a pizza stone.

The good thing about this recipe is that you only keep it in the oven until the surface of the pizza is done, and then you get the base cooked to completion using your stovetop - so you'll probably be more than fine.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Tonight is my pizza night! Can't wait.

Barrage

^Speaking of...

I still say the start of Ninja Turtles 2 is the greatest cinematic ode to Pizza. It never fails to make me NEED cheese and grease in my veins.

I also love the beginning of Louie, although it's not as fetishized.

this fucking thread.

For anyone in the portland area, I was pleasantly surprised by pizza fino last weekend. Their crust is great and they have some interesting pies like one with fried eggplant and ricotta. There wasn't an insane waiting list like some of the more popular restaurants, either.

this fucking thread.

For anyone in the portland area, I was pleasantly surprised by pizza fino last weekend. Their crust is great and they have some interesting pies like one with fried eggplant and ricotta. There wasn't an insane waiting list like some of the more popular restaurants, either.

I've seen fried eggplant a couple of times on pizzas, but never actually had it.
Ricotta sounds pretty out there though.

Would like to try it still though.

dekline

Lately my pizza is required to have anchovies. I luh dem salty little things. Nothing like greek pizza and anchovies.

I ate at a place called C. B. Hannegan's last week. Their pizza was phenomenal.

Top Bottom