• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

ElRenoRaven

New pizza for new page:

pizzza.jpg

Man I don't know why but today that picture is making me so hungry. I really don't know why either.

Yum has got you covered:

0AOOi.jpg

Wow I've seen one that has two places in it but never one that has all 3. That would be one crazy place to work I think. Probably would suck too.

My friend ended up ordering some Domino's last night (we were baking a batch of slutty brownies) and I was so... depressed is not strong enough of a word. The crust was really the best part while the pizza itself was such a downgrade from even frozen store pizza. (I was almost ready to cry at how bad it was lol.)

I need to convince them to bake some real pizzas one day (though our desserts are usually good).

...Oh and the brownies still needed to solidify last night so I'll probably check on the pieces I have at home later today.

f0nz0

I just went to Costco, picked up some soft goat cheese, the green chile pizza a couple pages back inspired me to make a green chile, chorizo, goat cheese pizza, will report later this week with some pics

Reuenthal

Banned
I ate pizza twice previous week. Really loved it. But twice a week was rare and I was on vacation. Now in about a month or so for next time.

Man I don't know why but today that picture is making me so hungry. I really don't know why either.

Wow I've seen one that has two places in it but never one that has all 3. That would be one crazy place to work I think. Probably would suck too.

It's called a Kentaco Hut. I never go to them, I always think it must be worse than just the one.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Oh man. I really have a wild craving for a Chicago Style Pie, now. I lived in Chicago for about 2 years and the Deep Dish pies were one of the only things I enjoyed in that city. Sorry Chi-Town GAF the extreme cold and then extreme heat in the summer just wasn't for me. The Pizza certainly was though!

I usually enjoy the polar opposite, NY style. But every now and again I see a mouth watering pic like the one posted earlier and instantly NEED one injected right into my veins.

I just need to figure out a great chi town crust and sauce recipe. Anyone?

^^^
Please?

Oh man. I really have a wild craving for a Chicago Style Pie, now. I lived in Chicago for about 2 years and the Deep Dish pies were one of the only things I enjoyed in that city. Sorry Chi-Town GAF the extreme cold and then extreme heat in the summer just wasn't for me. The Pizza certainly was though!

I usually enjoy the polar opposite, NY style. But every now and again I see a mouth watering pic like the one posted earlier and instantly NEED one injected right into my veins.

I just need to figure out a great chi town crust and sauce recipe. Anyone?

I'm going to make a Chicago town pizza this weekend, so I'll let you know if I find a good recipe for one.

Sliver

Aw damn, a poster from Fargo/Moorhead! I've never had their pizza, I've been thinking of trying it. Have you had Duane's? If not, rectify that immediately.

No, not yet, will have to for sure. Mostly found Pizza Nico's because I have some vegan friends, and they have a vegan pizza with hummus and the like. Does Duane's deliver to Moorhead?

ElRenoRaven

You know that picture no longer makes me hungry. Needless to say I had my favorite pizza last night. Pappa Johns chicken pizza. Tons of sauce and cheese but not so much the cheese falls off. It was so delicious.

I don't care what anyone says that is some of the best pizza there is. Maybe I've just had great luck with the one's I've used because their pizza is always damn fresh and just great tasting. I honestly haven't found any that compares in my opinion.

matt360

I'll be trying to make a chicago style pizza this friday, using this recipe as a base, and I shall post pictures of my success/failure.

Pizza is far and away my favorite food on the planet, yet I've never had a real Chicago deep dish pizza before. I'd like to try and cook one myself, but I have no point of reference. I'll have to remedy this when I go back to the states for Christmas/New Years this year.

Anyone know of any decent places to get a Chicago deep dish in Central Florida and/or Manhattan, as that's where I'll be?

f0nz0

Aw yea, as mentioned before I was going to make a green chile, chorizo and goat cheese pizza, and well this is the result,

First up, Chorizo (for those that don't know, it's basically a spiced Pork sausage, awesome scrambled with eggs)

XORYFl.jpg

Next up , green chile, roast on griddle, then throw in a plastic bag to steam in order to peel skin off

zF4s1l.jpg

On the grill, got a nice rise out of the crust

05G1il.jpg

And a cross section of said crust, one of my better crusts ever, (left in fridge for a couple days)

oV1Dal.jpg

Overall it was delicious, one thing though, I thought the goat cheese had awesome creamy texture, but maybe a little too salty for my liking, I'd like to try the next one with Queso Fresco.

RM8

Oh my. I'm leaving this thread until I'm done with my cut :(

(Lol, I'll probably eat pizza this Saturday).

dekline

Had a roasted mushroom pizza with cornmeal crust today. Threw anchovies on one half.

My god, I think this was the first time I had a pizza with cornmeal crust. It was fucking delicious.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
No, not yet, will have to for sure. Mostly found Pizza Nico's because I have some vegan friends, and they have a vegan pizza with hummus and the like. Does Duane's deliver to Moorhead?
They do! They're located in Moorhead, out on Highway 10 on the way to Dilworth. They've had the same oven since they opened - they brought the whole oven to their new store when they moved a few years back. Order Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday to get it cheaper.

jadedm17

Yes please.

My old job was on Diners, Drives and Dives and damn did they make some great pizza. Couldn't run a company for shit - guess thats what happens when the owner is drunk by 10 am and their adopted son steals all the money - but damn was that pulled pork pizza amazing.

panty

Local pizzeria time #2154. Was one of the best pizzas I've had in a while. Kebab, pepperoni, mozzarella, garlic, oregano.

7845545868_95e4110706_z.jpg

Crappy lighting etc.

Yes please.

My old job was on Diners, Drives and Dives and damn did they make some great pizza. Couldn't run a company for shit - guess thats what happens when the owner is drunk by 10 am and their adopted son steals all the money - but damn was that pulled pork pizza amazing.

Man that fucking sucks that the place closed. I just watched the video, the pizza looks great. Hopefully one of those guys can open a new place with those recipes. It would be too bad if it didn't live on somewhere else.

BTW, has anyone here every tried doing a pizza eating challenge from a restaurant like the Pointasaurus in St. Louis, Missouri or the Carnivore from Atlanta, GA? Just curious if you tried the challenge or just simply ordered it for maybe you and a half dozen of your friends. I've always been fascinated with these larger than life pizzas and wonder if they're still any good when made that big.

demigod

Went clubbing last weekend and when we were done, some dude was selling pizza outside. Some guy bought it and I took a look at it, i'm like WTF, how much did you pay? He said $20 but was kidding, $5. The shit he bought was pretty much all dough.

Btw there's a 50% off coupon for Papa Johns, Taylor50.

zerotol

Banned
I used to make my own pizza all the time. Let the dough rest for a day, then roll it out and make it up as you go as far as toppings, cheese, and sauce are concerned. It always made a hell of a mess in the kitchen but they always turned out good.

PKrockin

I wish my local pizzeria didn't serve the limpest, most tasteless, and outright worst pizza I've ever had. It's damn expensive too. Somehow the best options here are Dominoes > drive an hour to a good pizza place >>> Digorno >>>>>>> the disease-ridden hellhole that is the local Pizza Hut.

But yeah, I absolutely love pizza. I usually enjoy even bad pizza. It's just too good, and I would never give it up entirely.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Firing up our wood fired oven for the first time this Sunday. I shouldn't be this excited but I'm giddy like a schoolgirl. Will post pictures.

Can't wait for my favourite salamino pizza. Ricotta, mozzarella, salami and olive oil. Pure sex

Log4Girlz

Aw yea, as mentioned before I was going to make a green chile, chorizo and goat cheese pizza, and well this is the result,

First up, Chorizo (for those that don't know, it's basically a spiced Pork sausage, awesome scrambled with eggs)

XORYFl.jpg

Next up , green chile, roast on griddle, then throw in a plastic bag to steam in order to peel skin off

zF4s1l.jpg

On the grill, got a nice rise out of the crust

05G1il.jpg

And a cross section of said crust, one of my better crusts ever, (left in fridge for a couple days)

oV1Dal.jpg

Overall it was delicious, one thing though, I thought the goat cheese had awesome creamy texture, but maybe a little too salty for my liking, I'd like to try the next one with Queso Fresco.

I'm very picky about my chorizo. The recipe can vary wildly from maker to maker.

VanWinkle

I need to make a pizza soon. Will post pics. But to whet your appetite, here is the one of the last ones I made:

I finally found a pepperoni that can curl and be all delicious, so I will have that next time :)

Top Bottom