• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetary Annihilation Kickstarter by Uber Entertainment [Ended, $2.33M funded]

Think we'll hit the metal planet stretch goal?
I'm not so sure myself, and there's definitely no chance of hitting stretch goal 4 and 5 at this rate.

Izayoi

Banned
Think we'll hit the metal planet stretch goal?
I'm not so sure myself, and there's definitely no chance of hitting stretch goal 4 and 5 at this rate.
I'm actually kind of confident that we will. We need about 30k a day to make it happen, and we seem to be leveling out at about that. Keep in mind there are also PayPal donations to add to the total, as well as the final couple days which historically beat averages. The Kicktraq low-end prediction puts us at just above 1.5m as well, and it's been getting more and more accurate of late.

I'm actually kind of confident that we will. We need about 30k a day to make it happen, and we seem to be leveling out at about that. Keep in mind there are also PayPal donations to add to the total, as well as the final couple days which historically beat averages. The Kicktraq low-end prediction puts us at just above 1.5m as well, and it's been getting more and more accurate of late.

I had no idea that site even existed:

minichart.png

exp-cone.png

DXPett1

New stretch goal announced!

1.8 Million = The Galactic War
The Galactic War is a replayable single and multiplayer metagame. Play locally by yourself or co-op with your friends against our world class Skirmish AI’s. Or play on the live multiplayer servers and try to conquer the galaxy!

Features include:
  • Procedurally generated galaxy map, play a different galaxy every time!
  • Single player and co-op for local play
  • Online multiplayer mega-battles. Join a faction and plunder the universe!
  • Clan wars servers for fighting the galactic war between clans
  • Dynamic story system that logs your fight and generates exciting counter attacks and special missions that up the challenge level

I think I prefer this over a standard singleplayer campaign. Seriously considering upping my pledge to help achieve this goal

DXPett1

The best we can hope for now is that they use the profit from the sales to include the un-achieved goals as an expansion pack. 700000 production costs for an old school expansion pack?

DO IT.

I'm hoping there is a boatload who pledged via PayPal and we are not seeing the full picture yet... but they haven't mentioned anything about the PayPal pledges so I am doubtful.

Wouldn't mind to see this (and other ideas they had) in a expansion/DLC

Yeah, that galactic war thing is expansion material (along with death moons and lava planet), so hopefully they'll drop that as DLC if it doesn't get funded.

Twinduct

Yeah I've bumped up my pledge twice by now heh.
Personally I know of two people who can't wait for the game, but neither of them believes in kickstarter, so will only 'buy' it once it comes out.

I would LOVE if they did the old cavedog approach and release a new units via patches (stand alone on the website). That shit was my weekly crack back then (and the Dungeon Keeper 2 units/ patches)

Izayoi

Banned
Well, we're definitely going to hit at least $1.5m now. I guess people really liked the Galactic War stuff.

$100,000 pledged today, and we're still doing $3000+ an hour even in the dead of night (though it is a weekend).

Izayoi

Banned
Well, at this rate we'll hit Metal/Lava today or tomorrow, which gives us about five days to make $300,000. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Deadstar

I hope we hit that pledge goal. At first I pledged just $20 then raised it to $100. This game seems like it will be too awesome. Each stretch goal sounds better and better. We need this rts now more than ever.

steiLz

Neo Member
I always liked RTS-games the most but nowadays i rather command small groups of units and not those uber-hyper-mega-armies they speak about. Big armies in RTS games always mean you need the economy to build them, so its shifting from micro-orientated to macro-orientated gameplay (speaking in SC2-terms). As a lover of TA:K and WC3 I rather have small armies including units with special abilities or heroes.

Besides that, I think I would give this game a try but at the moment this doesnt blow me away enough to help them funding it.

Edit: Im primarily speaking of the multiplayer-gameplay

Izayoi

Banned
$1.5M hit, after the big Galactic War boost. Let's see what the last few days bring.
If we continue at about the rate we've been going the past few days we'll hit almost exactly $1.8m. I'm hesitant to be too optimistic, but with PayPal sales added on top, as well as the traditional final day boost, it's quite possible we'll make it. The last goal is definitely out of the question, though.

Also, your avatar is fucking amazing.

$1,534,237
pledged of $900,000 goal
days to go

We got like $265,763 to go, which comes down to a daily average of $66,440.75.
It is doable, but we shall see.

Kicktraq projections:

exp-cone.png

Trend:

exp-trend.png

Fireblend

Banned
I honestly don't think we're going to make it to Galactic War (and I don't think Paypal donations will be significant at all, considering the amount of countries from which you can't pledge is minimal), but I'm going to guess they might seek additional funding after the project is done and get to the $180K that way.

After all, nothing prevents them from continuing with the preorder campaign after the KS has finished. I really don't see them giving up on Galactic War and letting everyone down as soon as the KS is done. It's a double edged sword, previewing big KS stretch rewards like that, you get a significant boost, but if you don't make it, you let everyone down.

MachoSuave

Neo Member
Upped my pledge twice already via paypal, I am going to NEED access to that alpha.
Also I wouldn't count Galactic War a lost cause just yet, you'd be surprised the amount of people (read: students) who prefer to have their cash on the table the second they pledge it.

Keasar

Wow, now I wish I had a lot more money...
"Last" stretchgoal is out.

The final mile of the Kickstarter marathon!
Full Orchestral Score - $2.0M

The absolute best way to make a game soundtrack come alive and stand the test of time is to record it using live musicians. We will record the soundtrack for the game using the Northwest Sinfonia, the same orchestra that performed the soundtracks for Total Annihilation, Halo, and many Hollywood film scores.

squid

Yeah, a full orchestral score would be great. I'm fairly confident now that we'll make $1.8 million and Galactic War. 2 million+ is possible, but would require a very big final push.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
They aren't going to make 2 million on kickstarter. They'd need 124k/24 hours remaining and last I heard they were only around 70k/day. I think they'll make the galactic war milestone though.

The thing to look out for is how much extra was donated over paypal instead of through kickstarter. That could put them over the 2 million.

Also, a documentary at 2.1 million.

Fireblend

Banned
Well, guess I gotta eat my own words because they sure are going to make it to 1.8 millon
KuGsj.gif
I wouldn't be particularly surprised if they made it to 2 million even, but I'm going to say the same thing I said before; there's nothing preventing them from still attempting to gather the rest of the funds after the KS has ended, which is what I bet is going to happen.

Anyway, the game's shaping up nicely, can't wait to get my hands on it!

Izayoi

Banned
Honestly, I'm glad it's not a gameplay-related goal.

I seriously doubt we'll hit it, but it would damn nice. Very little touches the original TA OST.

Keasar

Werent they supposed to add togheter the donations on Kickstarter with the stuff from paypal? Maybe they would reach 2 millions then? Do we know how much they have gotten through that?

Izayoi

Banned
Werent they supposed to add togheter the donations on Kickstarter with the stuff from paypal? Maybe they would reach 2 millions then? Do we know how much they have gotten through that?
They will after the Kickstarter finishes, and it will count toward stretch goals. Usually about 3-5% of the total Kickstarter value is donated via PayPal. That means we'll see anywhere from 50k to 100k in additional pledges after the Kickstarter is over.

SparkTR

Only 100k left until Galactic Wars, which will be easily reachable considering the traditional final day push plus Paypal donations. I wouldn't be surprised if we get close to funding the orchestral score by the end of it.

DGRE

Banned
I am so glad we are getting galactic war. I would be over the moon if we reached an orchestral soundtrack.

Izayoi

Banned
We're on track to hit 1.8m by the end of the day. Pledges are picking up. 2m is still a long, long way off though.

Twinduct

I'll be honest. My interest in the music and the documentary borders on 'nice to have, not essential'.
Hell I'm really happy they moved those types of stretches to the bottom, giving life to awesome goals like Galactic War

Fuck I want this game :/

rybrad

I'll be honest. My interest in the music and the documentary borders on 'nice to have, not essential'.
Hell I'm really happy they moved those types of stretches to the bottom, giving life to awesome goals like Galactic War

Fuck I want this game :/
I definitely agree with this sentiment and am glad to see it looks like Galactic War is a lock. I am extremely excited for Galactic War and won't lose any sleep if the last stretch goals aren't hit.

Keasar

I definitely agree with this sentiment and am glad to see it looks like Galactic War is a lock. I am extremely excited for Galactic War and won't lose any sleep if the last stretch goals aren't hit.

I would loose some sleep over not getting music this awesome. :(

DXPett1

Got to admit, I thought it would be a struggle to get Galactic War...now it seems the orchestral soundtrack will make it too

Sciz

Today's gonna end up having the second-biggest income for the whole campaign to date. If it keeps accelerating into tomorrow and the hours remaining after that, then we just might hit $2M after all. Hell of a far cry from when we weren't sure if it could reach any of the stretch goals to begin with. Gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Top Bottom