• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

Liberty4all

Banned
Ugh. I really don't want to delete my NC on Mattherson and roll a Vanu. I don't think I can take being a huge purple nerd. Damn you GAF for all being nerds!

I'm taking one last shot at this: Is there anyone on Mattherson that either is 1) in a good outfit and could shoot me an invite or 2) know of a good one I could get in?

I'm going to shoot out an invite to everyone on the list. I hope some of you all are still playing a little!

If you are on Mattheron NC the outfit you want to join is GOON.

Divius

Was defending The Crown the other day with NC attacking from one side and the VS from the other. Our platoon tried to push them towards each other ... which kinda worked! So for a while they were (partly) fighting each other while we (the superior TR) could rain down fire from above, catch our breath and reinforce our defenses.

That was one cool fucking battle.

we still lost the crown some 30 minutes later :(

How is the population on Mattherson holding up balance wise? Thinking of making a new character as the other server I'm on is sort of dry as most of my friends aren't playing a lot.

Still room in the Vanu section of GAF on Mattherson? Activity level still good?

The way SOE handles accounts are a joke. I just downloaded the game and created an account, the first thing that happens when trying to log in is that it want me to change the password. The only problem is that the damn password reset doesn't work. Tried changing the password a couple of times being very careful to type in the correct passwords so everything matched, only to have the account page put a 24-hour block on password change for my account.

Bullshit.

DTKT

The way SOE handles accounts are a joke. I just downloaded the game and created an account, the first thing that happens when trying to log in is that it want me to change the password. The only problem is that the damn password reset doesn't work. Tried changing the password a couple of times being very careful to type in the correct passwords so everything matched, only to have the account page put a 24-hour block on password change for my account.

Bullshit.

Yeah, it's really bad. They need to streamline the process for accounts.

Doppelganger

Neo Member
How is the population on Mattherson holding up balance wise? Thinking of making a new character as the other server I'm on is sort of dry as most of my friends aren't playing a lot.

Still room in the Vanu section of GAF on Mattherson? Activity level still good?

There seem to be plenty of members in the outfit, but in my experience, no one is ever on. Maybe I just have bad timing.

Azure Twilight is always recruiting if you guys don't mind using Teamspeak (required) http://azuretwilight.org/, having almost always a full platoon on is the reason why I left the gaf outfit for them, although I do see Bamelin give orders in command chat quite often during server peak times.

Bullshit.

I had the same problem... uninstalled. I have no time for this.

MrBig

I had the same problem... uninstalled. I have no time for this.

Yeah that's a problem that needs to be resolved as there have been a couple other people that have posted that something similar happened to them - it's an issue with the steam version of the account creation process afaik - but that's a self-defeating position to take on the matter. Take up whatever happened with SOE support so that they can resolve this and not have the same thing happen to other people

Mupod

I disagree with his opinions on HEAT main guns. It's nice that it makes infantry easier to hit, and compensates for lag (which is a big deal sometimes, hell I can't even run over half the infantry I try to roadkill thanks to it). But as someone who spends a LOT of time in a Magrider fighting heavies hiding in rocks the real value in it is indirectly hitting people behind cover with the splash damage. My only problem with it, as he says, is I don't instagib ESFs with my main gun anymore.

I have no trouble killing tanks with the supernova VPC thanks to magboost allowing me to always get their back, and when I buy my Saron on Friday it'll be even easier. I still might invest in the AP main gun for situations where I ONLY have to worry about enemy armor...happens occasionally. TR hit the Crown with something like 15 prowlers last night, for example.

I disagree with his opinions on HEAT main guns. It's nice that it makes infantry easier to hit, and compensates for lag (which is a big deal sometimes, hell I can't even run over half the infantry I try to roadkill thanks to it). But as someone who spends a LOT of time in a Magrider fighting heavies hiding in rocks the real value in it is indirectly hitting people behind cover with the splash damage. My only problem with it, as he says, is I don't instagib ESFs with my main gun anymore.

I have no trouble killing tanks with the supernova VPC thanks to magboost allowing me to always get their back, and when I buy my Saron on Friday it'll be even easier. I still might invest in the AP main gun for situations where I ONLY have to worry about enemy armor...happens occasionally. TR hit the Crown with something like 15 prowlers last night, for example.

Yea I'll agree with you that his recommendations on HE guns being useless is only valid given a scenario where you are only shooting at infantry that have full health and use nanoweave. Given that often times you'll run into softies that are missing a couple of bars, the HE is still effective just by general splash damage. I use the vpc on my mag as well and plan on putting on the saron Friday too. I think that combination is probably the best possible for mags right now. But do agree with his analysis of the Prowler guns being the best AI guns out there, regardless of how much health you have, no one is survive 2 HE rounds.

Soi-Fong

Azure Twilight is always recruiting if you guys don't mind using Teamspeak (required) http://azuretwilight.org/, having almost always a full platoon on is the reason why I left the gaf outfit for them, although I do see Bamelin give orders in command chat quite often during server peak times.

Might leave the GAF outfit also. Only one I see get online is Bamelin really and we never have a full platoon.

Might join that then, but not really sure yet.

Edit: sad this is in Vanu. It was during the Battle in The Crown which a few mentioned here.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?featur...top_uri=/watch?v=zr1sOvYECgA&feature=youtu.be

Owensboro

You can have characters of different factions on the same server.

Really? Awesome. I tried to make a Vanu on Mattherson right after launch and it threw out an error that said I already had a character of a different faction on that server. Guess I can give that a go.

Or, Join Goon. Those guys are always a blast to screw around with. And they use Mumble!

Cronox

Banned
If anyone is going out to get Walmart station cash cards and wants to help a bro out, I'm trying to get 3. Reddit threads on this topic haven't helped as the OP is usually spammed with requests and runs out of cards almost immediately. I'm Paypal fluent.

Violater

At the risk of being tarred and feathered, has anyone tried using their DS3 to play PS2?
I was researching this and came across this topic in the PS2 forums.
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/ps3-controller.66162/#post-824168

PS3_Layout_for_PS2.jpg

In any case I will give it a try later.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My first thoughts, my second thoughts were how completely unfair this is, TB will win hands down haha

edit: maybe not, never heard of the other 2 guys but apparently they have more followers on youtube than TB

Don't know any of them, but looking at it, the VS guy does the "Literal Trailers" on Youtube. Mostly known for that Mass Effect 3 Trailer.

J-Rzez

Ugh. I really don't want to delete my NC on Mattherson and roll a Vanu. I don't think I can take being a huge purple nerd. Damn you GAF for all being nerds!

I'm taking one last shot at this: Is there anyone on Mattherson that either is 1) in a good outfit and could shoot me an invite or 2) know of a good one I could get in?

I'm going to shoot out an invite to everyone on the list. I hope some of you all are still playing a little!

Hey, got your invite. I'm on TAS (the ascended) right now and they always-always have members on. When the prime-time crew is on we coordinate very well. Pincer attacks and scramble defense. I accepted your friend invite and i'll talk to one of them to invite you. They use Teamspeak, which I hate, but they also use in-game at the same time. Sounds hard to coordinate, but they make it work.

NC lost the Crown to the VS on Matherson. :( Was a brutal battle though tons of cents! The siege lasted all day and had like half a dozen assault waves before the Crown fell.

We put up a hell of a fight against both the reds and the purps. I played it for a couple hours and racked up 400-ish certs during it. The key was my heroic strafing runs eradicating the stupid magrider artillery range while I was on. Got my first 12 player kill too when a sunderer fully loaded drove over my mines. :D

J-Rzez

HEAT is ok when you don't know what you'll come across as it's an in-between. But when you're facing vehicles, AP tears things apart. Granted I use a Vanguard, but it's AP is brutal when you have side and especially rear shots on the others. It crushes lightenings with impunity.

As someone who played a lot of tank games, including WoT, I've learned to always face the opponent with the thickest armor. I pushed up to the crown earlier against 5 magriders and a couple lightenings alone with 2 engineers helping out along with infantry shooting off rockets. I put additional front armor on which people criticized me for, until they saw what I did with it and the shield. :)

Downside is that with AP I have to get a dead on shot on infantry, but that's what my secondary gun is for. People just think flat out DPS is the way to go, but infantry can ruin your day, and thus it's important that I had the M12 put on as my gunner can mow them down while I deal with armor.

Love tank battles.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
It amazes me that I still see bugs that have been in game since the beginning of beta... wait, it's SoE, no it doesn't.

pelican

At the risk of being tarred and feathered, has anyone tried using their DS3 to play PS2?

In any case I will give it a try later.

I use a 360 wired joypad for flying my Scythe. Everything else, including my Lightning, is M&KB. I think the pad gives a much smoother flying experience.

The cap is the amount of transactions SOE allows an account to have per day (8 transactions per 24 hour period). The cap on the maximum amount of SC you can have at once is 50,000SC, though I hear rumors that say you can call SOE to have the SC restriction removed

Top Bottom