• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

Noaloha

With this it's totally reasonable make an average 60 per hour before boosts.

I feel this is a little on the optimistic side, or at least is dependent on being right in the thick of shit and also being there 'successfully' (ie. the farmers rather than the farmed). One cert, 250 XP, every single minute is the sort of decent points-accumulating rate you get when facing down a never-ending tide of attackers from a nice vantage point, or getting a nice little patch to work your revive tool or engineer tool without too much competition from other friendlies. 250 XP a minute just doesn't seem that likely (on average, anyway) when you're playing the 'quieter game' outside of the big bases and well-contested areas like The Crown.

I'd say 50 certs an hour if you're riding the meatgrinder and 25-35 certs an hour if you're going around in smaller forces skirmishing. For the regular, experienced-intermediate level players anyway.

Spazznid

I played for about 2 hours last night, and since I was A2A flying, I got less, but I walke away with at least 100+ certs.

Capping bases gives like 4 certs.

Repairing gives slowly, but add in resupplying, and it gets around 1 per minute with solid placements.

If you're killing peeps while capping, you'll get around 1-2 per every 3-5 minutes.

If you're at a big fight, like a hallway or doorway where teams are on either side, you'll be able to pull in 2 certs per 1-2 minutes from assists, and kills, with repairs and resupplies, or resurrects and heals.

Drop a good Spawn beacon or a good Sunderer and that will SLIGHTLY go up (really low cert gain for those, hmmm.)

Spot enemies for a bit more.

Yes you have to be in the thick of battle, but it's not very hard once you get in it in the first place, and if you're in a squad or more preferably a platoon, it should be really easy.

I'll submit that there are slow time, where I'll be less inclined to stick with the group.

sixghost

So are these walmart station cash cards the same place where they keep all the other gift cards like itunes, red lobster, etc.?

They are in the video game section, right above the PC games. FYI, the walmart.com stock checker isn't accurate. The one by me was sold out despite showing up as in stock online.

My favorite spot for farming certs is on Amerish at the tech base that's in the canyon. I'll stand up on one of the ridges and snipe away till I run out of ammo. Typically walk away with 70ish kills before I'm done for the night doing that. It's pretty crazy how tough of a time people seem to have with tracking distant sniper fire when it's at an extreme elevation. Once you get a dial on the right amount of bullet drop for headshots in a particular area your xp just starts soaring because of the kill streak and headshot bonuses.

Mupod

Yeah there are times when I make 30 an hour and times when I make 150. You can stay with the territory capture zerg and easily make 30/hour for no effort or risk, or you can go the more difficult route for the big money. The former is boring and unrewarding to me but it certainly does make you feel like you're 'winning'. I'd rather fight a losing battle and get 60 kills in half an hour than capture undefended bases with a group of 40, but sometimes I do the latter so I can alt tab and browse GAF or whatever, heh.

They are in the video game section, right above the PC games. FYI, the walmart.com stock checker isn't accurate. The one by me was sold out despite showing up as in stock online.

Okay thanks, I may have to swing by today after work and see if my usual walmart has them. Was going to wait until thursday or friday since it showed in stock online.

Cronox

Banned
Could someone get me a spare Walmart Card as I'm from Europe?
Would pay with paypal....

No, from what I've read they don't work with the Proseiben whatever arrangement SOE has in Europe.

As a United Statesman myself, I will repeat that I'm looking for 3.

What? weapons only take 10-30 hours to unlock the most expensive weapons depending on how you play. If you're terrible at shooters/PS2 it may take longer but 80hrs is a ridiculous claim.

Just basing it on what AngryJoe said:

Pretty good introduction to Planetside 2

Sitting at 34 hours played with exactly 1000 certs myself. If I hadn't spent any certs I'd be buying my first weapon now. Luckily, I had station cash because spending certs on weapons is ridiculous.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, bought 3 Walmart cards today. So, as I understand it, cash them on Friday will net me 15,000 Station Points? Triple Value x 3 cards (1500+1500+1500) + Additional Walmart value of 500 for each Card (500+500+500)?

Jhriad

Yeah, bought 3 Walmart cards today. So, as I understand it, cash them on Friday will net me 15,000 Station Points? Triple Value x 3 cards (1500+1500+1500) + Additional Walmart value of 500 for each Card (500+500+500)?

18000. The bonus is multiplied as well.

acksman

Ended up buying 7 Walmart cards, they still had over 20. Not sure if I would need them all, but can always use them for 30 day subscription.

sixghost

Another heads up for people trying to get cards from Walmart. The 3 I went to were all empty in the PC Games section, but I ended up finding some in the gift card rack in one of the checkout isles. You might want to ask an employee to scan the barcode and see if there are any in stock, then go look for one of the gift card standees that they have throughout the stores, or just go through the checkout lines one by one if you really want one. I found a stack that were buried in the side of one of those, fucking took forever to find one.

Vossler

Downloading this now to give it a shot, even though I have zero time, and been wayy too addicted to Guild Wars 2 and Crimson Shroud. Excited to see how awesome it runs.

Is there a gaf server I should be on the lookout for?

alphaNoid

Banned
Downloading this now to give it a shot, even though I have zero time, and been wayy too addicted to Guild Wars 2 and Crimson Shroud. Excited to see how awesome it runs.

Is there a gaf server I should be on the lookout for?

Matterson for East
Connery for West

Bunch of the GAF TR outfit on Connery are folks living in Texas (including me). Join us!
Yes come to Connery, already have a few TX players in this outfit.

MrBig

Anyone picking up a SC card at walmart for the 3x deal on 12/21 send me a PM; I can't get to a walmart, can do a paypal gift.

I haven't been able to enjoy PlanetSide 2 much since launch. I played the beta for weeks without any serious issues but since it's been released I have these random crashes. Sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after 30 minutes. Can't discover any pattern in them. It sucks the fun out of the game.

Spazznid

I haven't been able to enjoy PlanetSide 2 much since launch. I played the beta for weeks without any serious issues but since it's been released I have these random crashes. Sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after 30 minutes. Can't discover any pattern in them. It sucks the fun out of the game.

Just a random thought, try changing the render distance from 9999 to something like 1000 or 3000.

sixghost

Just a random thought, try changing the render distance from 9999 to something like 1000 or 3000.

Doesn't PS2 reduce the renderdistance automatically based on the server load? I definitely see aircraft disappearing at a shorter distance when the server is packed.

Spazznid

Doesn't PS2 reduce the renderdistance automatically based on the server load? I definitely see aircraft disappearing at a shorter distance when the server is packed.

I meant the land one in the ini.

It renders the amount or the continent to render, i think...

Deadstar

I would love to get xp and cert point bonuses but there is no way I'm paying a monthly fee to play a game. Is there any other way?

Deadly

I used to get this too. I reinstalled my nvidia drivers and it stopped.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Anyone picking up a SC card at walmart for the 3x deal on 12/21 send me a PM; I can't get to a walmart, can do a paypal gift.

Did you get any help with this? I can go to mine, they had quite a few when I got mine the other day.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Anyone else already have what they're gonna purchase with all these SC's? My early list totals about 5,400 SC's. Don't see the need for the cosmetic items, though.

The Armor Lock on Rocket for HA
The 2 Rifles with the under barrel grenade launchers (for at least Engy and then another for Medic/Light Assault. After someone bringing up Smoke Grenades+night vision scopes, I wants it)
Some improved Vehicle weapons.

Anyone else already have what they're gonna purchase with all these SC's? My early list totals about 5,400 SC's. Don't see the need for the cosmetic items, though.

The 2 Rifles with the under barrel grenade launchers (for at least Engy and then another for Medic/Light Assault. After someone bringing up Smoke Grenades+night vision scopes, I wants it)

haha speak of the devil, I just made a spread sheet for my brother, friend and I

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjljjdeKnwnKdHdybUo4RmdQdVlqZEppdko3UmF1SGc

I hate the feeling that I need to buy another card because 6000 SC points won't last me even though I never even planned on buying that many points ($60) in the first place before I knew about the sale.

Mupod

I want an automatic shotgun and the Saron for my Magrider. I might hold off until the end of their '12 days of christmas' stuff...it was underwhelming for the first six days with 25% off ugly hats. But half price off ALL infantry weapons? Too bad I've got no SC left. I hope there's a half price for vehicle weapons after Friday.

I'm reserving about 5000 of the SC I plan to get for weekly exp boosters. I'll only get one at a time and hope they do a sale on those at some point - they did the squad xp booster not too long ago. I'm taking a break from the game until Friday just because I'm a spoiled brat and don't like playing without my uber boosts.

Talamius

My friend has stated he wants to play this game. Would this laptop be good enough? This is the only gaming computer he has.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007MW73C2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I've got the G55VW-ES71 (essentially same specs but 8GB RAM instead of 16GB) and I can run it at 1080p at medium detail. 30-40fps. Completely playable, except when Vanu rolls one of those 30+ tank columns o' doom. Of course, that'll melt ANYONE's PC.

Top Bottom