• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

MrBig

Reminder for when you get in the game

gafplayers.png

New players fill out this form: Planetside 2 GAF Players

This is for the primary soldier that you'll use to play with other GAF players; you may submit any other soldiers you want people to be able to find you as on other servers.

The NeoGAF player list can list can be accessed here. Sort the list by your faction of choice and send out friend invites after you submit your own character to the list.

Graph data can be viewed here.

Devs are being very adamant about uninstalling the beta now, saying that it will cause issues with launch install.

Delete everything PS2 related in "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\" and "npsoeact.dll" in "C:\Users\(Your Account)\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment"

Anyone new, you have to create a SOE account. You can do it here or in the launcher when installing.

koolaroo

I was in the beta of the game and I can't uninstall the beta client. When I use the uninstaller it gives me error 1001.

nan0

I was in the beta of the game and I can't uninstall the beta client. When I use the uninstaller it gives me error 1001.

It seems like a very common error. They said that we should just delete the install folder, the new client should take care of any leftovers.

Edit: Any preference on which server EU-GAFfers go?

MrBig

Dammnit they still have that absolutely terrible suicide mechanic for when your vehicle's top scrapes anything

Liberty4all

Banned
So is there any preference for a certain faction? I'm worried I'll have remorse the moment I choose one.

Vanu is the only real choice.

The TR are backward fascists, and the NC only serve the interests of their corporate masters. The Vanu on the other hand seek knowledge with the goal of ascending humanity to the next stage of our evolution.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
so am i right in thinking the space republicans the only race who have the kind of high difficulty - high reward recoil element to their weapons? as far as i can gather the space commies have dumb high damage - low accuracy weapons and the space hippies have a nigh insulting "you can't miss but you'll just do pitiful damage at range" mechanic.

they are all completely unappealing as far as lore goes, i'd err towards to hippies i guess, but not with that zero recoil fisher price shit.

Clevinger

Are there any gameplay perks to being in an outfit? Someone invited me to one in the beta, but the only thing I noticed was constant "X is online, Y is offline" notices popping up.

vazel

Banned
They did some optimizations :D
And more optimizations to come. Unlike when most other devs make promises I do believe SOE will be able to optimize the game more. SOE has been handling this game really well with wanting to make the players happy.

I'm real happy with the way the Forgelight engine scales on hardware. I'm able to run the game with 30-40fps at 1080p on low settings. My system is a dual-core e5200(OC'ed to 3.5GHz) and a GTS 250.

ksan

Hooray, anyone in on EU servers?
It asked me to reset my password twice, and I'm still getting the same prompt which leads to the error that I've done it too many times today.

Azzurri

which faction is the best?

Here's what someone told me.

Terran Republic = High rate of fire, OK dmg/accuracy. Focus on striking fast with a ton of bullets flying at the enemy.

New Conglomerate = Low rate of fire, High dmg, OK accuracy. Once they get to the fight, they can sustain damage and dish it out.

Vanu Sovereignty = Middle ground everything. Have some cool techs that allow tanks and their special aircraft to be more mobile. Also use lasers so no bullet drop but decreased dmg at long ranges.

kch

Hooray, anyone in on EU servers?
It asked me to reset my password twice, and I'm still getting the same prompt which leads to the error that I've done it too many times today.

Currently downloading through Steam but I'll create a character on Miller EU server. Probably Vanu but not 100% sure :)
The Rock Paper Shotgun outfits will be on that server also.

Hmm the GPU physics option is not enabled for me. Even when I manually change the config setting in UserOptions.ini it is checked, but disabled (greyed out in the UI). I wonder if I have to reboot my computer, I just installed the beta drivers.

GPU: GeForce GTX 570
Driver Version: 310.61

www.twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho

This is the stream of the outfit I am a part of and he will be going for 24 hrs. Stop by if you want to see what the game is about! We are running Ops (raids in MMO's) starting at 5 PM eastern till at least 11 PM. Its going to be big today we already have over 100 people in the Teamspeak and its only 2:30!

mr_nothin

Banned
Hmm the GPU physics option is not enabled for me. Even when I manually change the config setting in UserOptions.ini it is checked, but disabled (greyed out in the UI). I wonder if I have to reboot my computer, I just installed the beta drivers.

I think they disabled it in-game for now...for everyone

JF0603

Neo Member

Having the same problem here. Same driver.
GTX580

Concept17

Friend of mine is having troubles installing. Its saying he needs 2048mb of space when he has more than that.... any ideas?

"So jelly of dl speeds that fast. Comcrap never goes over 2.5 ish."

You need to step up your Comcrap. I'm on that 100mb Comcrap and was downloading at 13mb/s as well.

Wes

venison crêpe
If any other Terran are playing on Matherson (US East) in next couple of hours you can send me, Weswes, a friend request in game and I'll see if I can get a quick ad-hoc squad going,

"So jelly of dl speeds that fast. Comcrap never goes over 2.5 ish."

You need to step up your Comcrap. I'm on that 100mb Comcrap and was downloading at 13mb/s as well.

Hell man I already have their turbo boost extra lightning speed penultimate tier and pay $75 for internet alone, so ridiculous :).

Top Bottom